About that 800K needed for retirement extension...

30 minutes ago, serpent32 said:

I've never heard that rule before ever.  It doesn't really matter to me regardless because if I ever decide to switch to a retirement visa which I'll probably never do my monthly pension income is over 132,777 Baht a month well over the minimum for both my marriage visa and a retirement visa.  

So it really doesn't matter to me it's just that I've read the rules on the Thai Embassy Websites and the posted rules are VERY CLEAR, 40,000 Baht a month income or 400,000 Baht in the bank minimum from what I read applies to the Non-Immigrant O Visa for both marriage and retirement.  And Thai Immigration just simply requires a Proof of Income Affidavit to verify whatever your income is, which is normally retirement income for most of us.  Like I said the posted rules on the Thai Embassy and Immigration Websites are very clear and simple but then I read a lot of contradictory information on this website except from a few people.  So I don't know maybe there are rules for other situations that I'm unaware of but I've also read a lot of misinformation on Thaivisas.  I subscribe to this website because I have gotten some good information from a few people but I've also read a lot of misinformation about a lot of different subjects and not just immigration rules.  So I've learned to take what I read on here with a grain of salt and just be glad that I don't have to worry about most of these things.  

Retirement extensions financial requirements are well established.

There is no mystery about this at all.

800K in Thai bank seasoned for two months for first extension and three for subsequent

OR

65K baht per month income

OR

Combination of money in a Thai bank account plus income totaling at least 800K annualized. 

An issue with combination applications is seasoning bank accounts. National rules may indicate seasoning isn't required, but in practice seasoning is often required. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Answer to the OP's question which has already been definitely and authoritatively answered by Ubonjoe.

NO! NO! NO!
It would not qualify. 

Don't bother researching that further.

You've got your answer.

Some issues are ambiguous. This one is not.

Next ... 

Right never do any research on your own like reviewing the actual laws on government websites.  Just listen to what everyone on the internet tells you that's definitely the best policy.  

4 hours ago, serpent32 said:

Right never do any research on your own like reviewing the actual laws on government websites.  Just listen to what everyone on the internet tells you that's definitely the best policy.  

I didn't say never.

I'm talking about the OP's question.

It has been definitively answered by Ubonjoe.

I knew that too after being here for many years. 

Some things are clear cut.

Some things aren't.

The answer to the OP's question is an obvious case of the former. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, serpent32 said:

I think as a person who has only been a member for a month you should stop arguing with members who have been here for many years and are familiar with the rules. Ubon Joe is the chief moderator on Thai Visa and his knowledge on Thai rules is excellent.  Maybe you should learn how to read the Thai Gov websites you think say 400,000 baht for either retirement or marriage extension, that is wrong. I have been visiting Thailand for17 years and living here for almost 5 (on retirement extension) and am well versed on the rules. Its' 800,000 Baht for retirement extension 400,000 for marriage.if doining the bank deposit route. 65,000 baht per month (proved by embassy affidavit) or combo of bank and monthly income that adds up to 800,000 baht a year. For marriage 400,000 baht ayear or 40,000 baht a month, combo method cannot be used for a marriage visa. Try Google for financial requirements for Thai marriage or retirement visa/extension

example: https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Retirement-Visa.php