How to live for 4000 baht a month. Not inc rents.

dfdgfdfdgs

1 minute ago, CGW said:

What are we doing? using our leisure time how we want to! If I was living like the OP I would have no time for leisure as my life would be spent trying to live cheaply & within budget!

We are all wealthier than Queen Victoria (relatively). That's good enough for me.

We can listen to any music we want, anytime, anyplace, and movies, TV shows or books.

Travel in a day to anywhere on the planet.

Boy, we've got it made.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Society has learned much of the posters well : the way to happyness and fun is spending as much as you can and be a BIG consumer. What I don't get is what are all the big spenders doing on a topic about living cheap ? Don't they have far better things to do in their awesome , fantastic , funfilled , never boring life , than knocking on some poster that want to live cheaply ?

We are trying to discourage the dummies from attempting it.

It's totally insane. While your defending it and are probably in the same boat what's going to happen if you get violently I'll or banged up by a motorcycle taxi? Your going to lean on the people you know and beg

Would you encourage your son or daughter to live on that budget

Yep didn't think so

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Society has learned much of the posters well : the way to happyness and fun is spending as much as you can and be a BIG consumer. What I don't get is what are all the big spenders doing on a topic about living cheap ? Don't they have far better things to do in their awesome , fantastic , funfilled , never boring life , than knocking on some poster that want to live cheaply ?

First, it is the ridiculous figure of 4000 Bahts, everyone with some common sense would know this isn't frugality, it is starvation, therefore pointless. I remember seeing here, or on some other fora people debating on the feasibility of living in LOS with 20000; a lot more sensible debate if you ask me.

Second, what is the benefit for the host country of immigrants living here and not contributing to the economy? Someone earlier in the thread said they give a bad reputation to all foreigners, not completely wrong; Farang kee nok, is not exactly a compliment.

6 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

My former son just spent a year in Australia with the money he earned from stacking shelves in the co-op.

(Australian gf, scrounged off her family)

If I were still in contact with him, I would have told him to go for it (I spy on his FB page).

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

What are we doing? using our leisure time how we want to! If I was living like the OP I would have no time for leisure as my life would be spent trying to live cheaply & within budget!

BS , Living cheaply has more time for leisure than you think.

7 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

We are trying to discourage the dummies from attempting it.

It's totally insane. While your defending it and are probably in the same boat what's going to happen if you get violently I'll or banged up by a motorcycle taxi? Your going to lean on the people you know and beg

Yep didn't think so

It's not insane .

I don't take motor taxi's and don't come near them. I don't lean on people and certainly don't beg.

I was smart enough not to have kids. So your question is mute.

I think I'm gonna go over budget this month. I'm at a wedding here in Surat Thani and wife wants to put 2000 in the envelope.

Normally I'd be a gentleman and just put the money myself, but because of this thread I'll let her fork it.

I also spent 10,000 baht this month for 3 nights at hilton. I pay for this stuff cuz I stay for free in her house,however, this month I'm asking for a refund. I'll say there is a problem with my bank card and I can't pay the bill.

Still looking for any cash back tips I can get for this month. Any ideas are welcome.

If someone does not have the money, I totally get it.

But I know some that have plenty and have a constant desire to live a cheap life.

I think it is some sort of psychological issue.  Their big accomplishment for the day is saving 50 b.  They will even brag about it.

Some sort of control or success is achieved in their mind I guess.  It kind of reminds me of hoarders.  They get off on saving......

But, if one is here living on that and is a healthy sexually active male,  boy he must have developed a very strong right hand.  Seems rather sad I think and not a life I came here to live.

My former son just spent a year in Australia with the money he earned from stacking shelves in the co-op.
(Australian gf, scrounged off her family)

If I were still in contact with him, I would have told him to go for it (I spy on his FB page).
How do you get a "former son" scrounging off his GF in oz isn't really the same as begging with a cup on 7/11 steps here when they money runs out

You don't deserve a family with that attitude.

4 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

First, it is the ridiculous figure of 4000 Bahts, everyone with some common sense would know this isn't frugality, it is starvation, therefore pointless. I remember seeing here, or on some other fora people debating on the feasibility of living in LOS with 20000; a lot more sensible debate if you ask me.

Second, what is the benefit for the host country of immigrants living here and not contributing to the economy? Someone earlier in the thread said they give a bad reputation to all foreigners, not completely wrong; Farang kee nok, is not exactly a compliment.

4000 B exl rent IS doable . Starvation ? So millions of Thai are starving then ?

Living in LoS with 20.000 ... included rent !

Like MaeJo said , we're NOT immigrants. People around me , earn from me. I don't need to contribute , it is not my country nor am I a burden on Thailand. They still get more money from me being here then if I were not.

Nobody knows my frugality , so no-one can point at me saying: farang keeniaw.

1 minute ago, BuaBS said:

4000 B exl rent IS doable . Starvation ? So millions of Thai are starving then ?

Living in LoS with 20.000 ... included rent !

Like MaeJo said , we're NOT immigrants. People around me , earn from me. I don't need to contribute , it is not my country nor am I a burden on Thailand. They still get more money from me being here then if I were not.

Nobody knows my frugality , so no-one can point at me saying: farang keeniaw.

There is a (not s?) subtle difference between being keeniaw and being a "Farang kee nok". Not buying that piece of jewelry for you lady you are being keeniaw. When you live with 4000 bahts a month you are a "Farang kee nok". And believe me the Thais know perfectly well who's who.

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If someone does not have the money, I totally get it.

But I know some that have plenty and have a constant desire to live a cheap life.

I think it is some sort of psychological issue.  Their big accomplishment for the day is saving 50 b.  They will even brag about it.

Some sort of control or success is achieved in their mind I guess.  It kind of reminds me of hoarders.  They get off on saving......

But, if one is here living on that and is a healthy sexually active male,  boy he must have developed a very strong right hand.  Seems rather sad I think and not a life I came here to live.

Some of us are in a different state of mind than you .

Healthy sexually active male ? Not all of us want to bang hookers here. Who's the loser : the one that needs to pay or compromise to have pleasure from his (or her) own body , or the one that can do it better themselves ? ( no rubbers needed , no diseases , anytime , as often as you want AND FREE).

5 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Healthy sexually active male ? Not all of us want to bang hookers here. Who's the loser : the one that needs to pay or compromise to have pleasure from his (or her) own body , or the one that can do it better themselves ? ( no rubbers needed , no diseases , anytime , as often as you want AND FREE).

:cheesy:

Edited by SheungWan

8 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

There is a (not s?) subtle difference between being keeniaw and being a "Farang kee nok". Not buying that piece of jewelry for you lady you are being keeniaw. When you live with 4000 bahts a month you are a "Farang kee nok". And believe me the Thais know perfectly well who's who.

No they don't !

@MaeJo : well I don't.

Edited by BuaBS

16 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

I hate condoms. I live hand 2 mouth sort to speak.

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

I just paid our latest electric bill, >6k Baht. I spend about the same on fuel and 1k per week on tolls.

Now if you were talking US $4,000 per month ...

Just to put things in perspective, you spend 4,000 Baht a month, I don't get out of bed for that an hour.

You can live on 4k Baht per month, I probably could but I choose not to (actually I probably couldn't).

I thought you were a bit more measured than that, mucker. Find the look-how-much-I've-got as equally cringe-worthy as those who intentionally rob themselves of an existence. Some people have no option to spend, spend, spend because of the situation they've gotten into with their other halves/extended family etc, and then big-up they're outgoings. Each to their own, of course, just sayin. Don't reckon I could get under 10k (minus digs) but as long as op is happy, who are we to judge?

37 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

to each his own :coffee1: