" Thailand Unforgettable" Campaign To Be Dropped

george

"Having said that, EU rules say that the EU country must find reasonable evidence to doubt the marriage is genuine and not for you to prove its genuine "

total rubbish! In UK onus is on you to prove its a bona fide marriage. Even then your wife will be accused of being a whore who married for a passport. British imi are just a binch of nazis in my experience

:o Well I agree with ONE word you have written here "rubbish".

Namely, the racist rant you have just made (SHAME ON YOU!!). To use the word Nazi about any Brit is highly offensive, bearing in mind many Brits have lost family members and loved ones fighting Nazis in WW2. Nor do I NOT underestimate the horrendous losses of loved ones of other Nationalities all over the World TO NAZIS

"In UK onus is on you to prove its a bona fide marriage" What you say is incorrect UNLESS I have been incorrectly advised by the British Immigration authorities and also a GENUINE expert on this subject.

I would also mention that even if a wife WAS in it for the passport that that does not make her a whore another offensive term .

I am relieved the VAST MAJORITY on this site are NOT like YOU!!!

Dave

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they had a "Thailand; Mai-Bphen-Rai" campaign going earlier, or that the slogan was short-listed to be selected as the official one. I even read something about it but am at a loss to find it now.

Of course, depending on how you translate the phrase ไม่เป็นไร it could be interpreted as:

Thailand; It doesn't matter.

Thailand; Never mind.

Thailand; Don't mention it.

Thailand; It's no big deal.

Then again in sticking more closely to the unforgettable earlier slogan I nominate;

Thailand; Fugetaboutit

Did anyone here ever hear the slogan "Every hour in Thailand is happy hour"? :)

That was a actual proposed TAT slogan two or three years ago! The look on my boss's face when I told her what 'happy hour' meant was just priceless. :D It was quickly shelved for obvious reasons.

I wanted to suggest an alternative: "Thailand - More than just cheap sex" but I didn't think that the folks at the TAT would see the humor in it. :D

Did anyone here ever hear the slogan "Every hour in Thailand is happy hour"? :)

That was a actual proposed TAT slogan two or three years ago! The look on my boss's face when I told her what 'happy hour' meant was just priceless. :D It was quickly shelved for obvious reasons.

I wanted to suggest an alternative: "Thailand - More than just cheap sex" but I didn't think that the folks at the TAT would see the humor in it. :D

I find some of the suggestions and comments rather offensive, actually. More than just cheap sex? The TAT would never go for it.

In the interests of putting forward an alternative view, how about some of the below, most of which have been tested in focus groups.

Thailand. More than just hot Asian chicks accompanied by the overweight tourist dorks you would have given wedgies to at school.

Thailand. Putting the U in hub.

Thailand. Because every land should have a Thai.

Thailand. Because we spell Thigh like Thai.

The big apple just became a mango. Thailand. Fruity fun.

Thailand. City of multi coloured shirts.

Thailand. Thaksin free since 2008.

Thailand. Me lub your tourism discretionary spending long tyme.

A series of ads, which is the one I'll get an ad award for:

Be outrageously queer without getting your face bashed in. Amazing Thailand.

Pretend to be an english teacher then admit to adducting and killing a child beauty queen. Amazing Thailand.

Discover the joy of enough stories to complain about non stop for the rest of your life. Amazing Thailand.

See how the cute little natives live, especially the ones hot for your manseed. Amazing Thailand.

Wear a yellow shirt in Isaan and see how long it takes to get your face smashed in. Amazing Thailand.

Be racially offensive coming up with ads and see what happens. Amazing Thailand.

Food made with stuff you can't believe. Amazing Thailand.

Maybe this can get the conversation back on track.

Here is a little song I wrote

You might want to sing it note for note

Don't worry be happy

In every life we have some trouble

When you worry you make it double

Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head

Somebody came and took your bed

Don't worry, be happy

The landlord say your rent is late

He may have to litigate

Don't worry, be happy

Look at me I am happy

Don't worry, be happy

Here I give you my phone number

When you worry call me

I make you happy

Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style

Ain't got not girl to make you smile

But don't worry be happy

Cause when you worry

Your face will frown

And that will bring everybody down

So don't worry, be happy (now).....

This is this little song I wrote

I hope you learn it note for note

Like good little children

Don't worry, be happy

Listen to what I say

In your life expect some trouble

But when you worry

You make it double

Don't worry, be happy......

Don't worry don't do it, be happy

Put a smile on your face

Don't bring everybody down like this

Don't worry, it will soon pass

Whatever it is

Don't worry, be happy

I got a toy fish for on the wall once, who sang that song :) , something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVXfCbos-o