Where to report a dangerously neglected road?

konisaan

There is a seriously neglected road that is reasonably busy in the Chang Khlan Road area. It's been deteriorating for over a year now as a result of previous construction jobs in the area. There are hundreds of large potholes, some up to 6 inches deep. Cars and bikes weave all over the road to avoid them. I have never seen a road in such poor condition in a relatively central part of Chiang Mai.

Maybe name the road or give location. Should be under Tesabahn's jurisdiction, but there are a few roads that are actually private , for example Anusarn Market and some of the streets around Kamtieng Market, even though there is right of access.

8 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Try Soi 13/3 in Pattaya, just off Beach Road ! Sometimes one needs a 4WD to get down it, and for the last several years it has been a disgrace :(

Sounds similar to Chalermphrakiat 25 (Chayaphum/Crazy Daves) which is bad too.

Your example gets used as a cut through by large coaches so perhaps the condition is a good deterrent.

Many big potholes around lately, riding a bike at night is deadly.

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

As I recall, the fastest way to get roads repaired is to have a ladyboy bathe in the pot holes - or plant some coconut trees in them - then post on facebook.

I think I agree with the facebook part.   'Quickest way to get a response from authorities on most matters it would seem...

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds similar to Chalermphrakiat 25 (Chayaphum/Crazy Daves) which is bad too.

Your example gets used as a cut through by large coaches so perhaps the condition is a good deterrent.

Many big potholes around lately, riding a bike at night is deadly.

The roads all over Pattaya seem to have gotten really bad with, as you said, lots of big potholes. And, I never see any work crews out fixing them. 

Oh Yeah, lots of them around where I live too. One was on a main round (not highway) and was growing rapidly due to heavy trucks carry soil for a new Mu Ban, 'village' construction site. So in came the diggers and after shaping the hole filled it with soil and a concrete layer. Two weeks later, the hole has returned only this time it's almost twice the size it was before. Vehicles now have to use an alternative route around it while the machines are back again to repair it. Trouble is the alternative route is a back road which was damaged by heavy rain and neglected, where a concrete electric supply post now leaning, I would guess, about 25-300. With the increase in traffic that post is likely to fall soon.

Anyone live south of town down the river?

The bridge at Padua Market''s been closed for must be a year now.

That in itself is a time consuming pain.

Also means way more traffic's going on the east side of the river.

This means that road's almost undriveable now.

Any word on the bridge?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Maybe you can report it, but the chance of anything being done is, IMO, extremely small.

Perhaps they do the usual and send someone with a bit of tar to put in the bottom of the holes and add some gravel on top. Lasts about 5 minutes.

Sounds kinda like what they do in the uk these days. Was back last year and driving my dads car the gps fell off the window due to vibrations caused by crap roads and potholes.

On 30/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, chickenslegs said:

As I recall, the fastest way to get roads repaired is to have a ladyboy bathe in the pot holes - or plant some coconut trees in them - then post on facebook.

I remember in the past, a few farangs have filled potholes with gravel or mixed up a bit of cement and started repairing them. Instantly it gets noticed by the locals with photos and video clips being posted online and favourable comments. The local authorities seemed to get very irked and embarrassed by it and say its forbidden to repair the road blah blah. At the very same time though a gang of workers comes out and repairs the road double quick. It seems to be an effective way to get the road repaired.

1 hour ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

I remember in the past, a few farangs have filled potholes with gravel or mixed up a bit of cement and started repairing them. Instantly it gets noticed by the locals with photos and video clips being posted online and favourable comments. The local authorities seemed to get very irked and embarrassed by it and say its forbidden to repair the road blah blah. At the very same time though a gang of workers comes out and repairs the road double quick. It seems to be an effective way to get the road repaired.

If going to do that, wear a mask or risk being arrested for working without a work permit.