Police to tighten Loy Krathong security Friday night

webfact

Police to tighten Loy Krathong security Friday night

By The Nation

Police deputy commissioner general Pol Colonel Chalermkiart Sriworakhan held a videoconference meeting on Monday with police commanders around the country to instruct them to tighten security during Loy Krathong night.

Chalermkiart told reporters after the meeting that police have prepared security measures for the Loy Krathong celebrations around the country Friday evening.

He said the meeting was a reminder to police forces nationwide to be vigilant and enforce measures to keep people safe.

One measure is a prohibition on lighting firecrackers and fireworks to prevent harm to bystanders.

The operators of piers and passenger boats have also been told to strictly enforce safety measures for their customers, Chalermkiart added.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330395

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-30

Thanks for the reminder.

Nearly missed it.

Planned to do shopping trip to Khon Kaen on Friday.

Plan changed!

Condolences to Jomtien/Pattaya :>)

Jomtien beach road crammed to the max. over full length.

Hullabaloo.

9 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

And then they all went home and forgot about everything that had been said !

A complete waste of tax payers money. 

Vigilant and police are 2 words seldom used in the same sentence here. Or maybe not........

The police were vigilant in their denials of corruption or......

The police were vigilant in their pursuit of the blind, crippled street vendor who attacked 5 hiso youths. 

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, Pattaya and Jontiem will have a lot more rubbish on the beach than usual at the weekend

It´s all a constant circle, sir.

6 hours ago, wvavin said:

Put a total ban to this nonsensical firecrackers.

Go one step further. All that use them, sell them or buy them. Hell, let´s put people i jail for posession. What you think? Is 5 year ok? :cheesy:

Every week here here  they have a festival for that a festival for this Maybe they should have a festival for when actually Thais go to work.  Bring on the crackers why not another amusement. But dont mention that dirty word WORK:sorry:

Loy Krathong . . . another Thai religious festival, this one venerating Buddha with light - hence the candles - while the krathong's floating symbolizes letting go of all one's hatred, anger, and defilements. And, when the float's have disappeared into the night, a good number of mostly young Thai males, who have been drinking whisky throughout the fun and games, will climb back into their super-fast and powerful pickups and cruisers and thence demonstrate to the world, how to set about killing three times more victims than on a normal day. This will happen because this is Thailand, where Buddhist celebrations, besides demonstrating the joys of giving and sharing, provide all too frequent reminders that life can be so easily and needlessly snuffed out . . . just like a candle. See you, maybe, after Loy Krathong.

Edited by Ossy
omission

To allow the floating of fire bearing lanterns is further proof that Thais are somewhat deficient in the intellect department.

There are no health and safety laws; only means for the police to extract money - observe the feeding frenzy round traffic roadblocks in the name of safety.

12 hours ago, juice777 said:

The difference between Nov the 5th and Loy Krathong is its not acceptable to chuck fire works at each other. Have you ever seen it in Chang Mai it's scary.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Was a time when I was a kid when I preferred Nov 5th; 'Bonfire Night' to Xmas because of bonfire building, penny for the guy,  and spending my pocket money on 1d/2d 'bangers' to throw around with my mates....Absolutely loved it! Was it worth the risk, for those disabled by fireworks obviously not. But I dont think its right to try and remove all risk from our lives.

I do now find the preponderance  of Chinese fire crackers that we used to call ripraps annoying, but I wish I could fly a few home with me to the UK to scare off the seagulls from my roof as they have really become a pest.

Edited by SunsetT

Was a time when I was a kid when I preferred Nov 5th; 'Bonfire Night' to Xmas because of bonfire building, penny for the guy,  and spending my pocket money on 1d/2d 'bangers' to throw around with my mates....Absolutely loved it! Was it worth the risk, for those disabled by fireworks obviously not. But I dont think its right to try and remove all risk from our lives.

I do now find the preponderance  of Chinese fire crackers that we used to call ripraps annoying, but I wish I could fly a few home with me to the UK to scare off the seagulls from my roof as they have really become a pest.

One of the key differences between fire work night and the festive here. Is that we was educated not chuck them at each other. Now we all know boys will be boys but it seems here (or at least it did one time for me 15 years ago in Chang Mai) that's its totally acceptable even for adults.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk