Kevin Spacey apologizes after actor says he was subjected to sexual advance when only 14

snoop1130

I don't know about internationally, but in the U.S. I think the Weinstein thing is the start of a major sea change on such sexual abuses. It was building for a long time and now with pervasive social media and videos of everything, along with pushback against a president who has scores of such accusations against him (no way are all of them liars as he claims) the culture will change, and it will change quickly.
That's going forward. People guilty of things in the past must be shitting bricks now ... 
I wonder if book makers are taking bets who's going to be next.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/30/2017 at 8:41 AM, boomerangutang said:

"deeply inappropriate drunken behavior."

....a drug-induced incident.  Meanwhile, society and law-makers insist that alcohol is fine (legal), and all other recreational drugs are horrible (illegal).

What would be appropriate drunken behavior?

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's probably hard for most non-gay people to understand why Spacey is in the doghouse now with gay people. This article may explain that.

Anyway, personally I am sad if this ends his career even though he deserves at least some time in the doghouse. He clearly has a lot more great work in him that the world may not get to see now.

https://www.advocate.com/media/2017/10/30/hollywood-isnt-fooled-kevin-spaceys-coming-out-trick

No, it's not hard at all.

Straight people have brains you know.

As for Spacey - he admitted to hitting on a 14 year old at the same time saying he could not remember. That in itself is a joke. Who admits to a crime they can't remember committing?

3 hours ago, Credo said:

The Harvey Weinstein scandal will bring a lot of people out of the woodwork along with the #MeToo.   Men are, by nature, sexually assertive and some are aggressive. 

I suspect that people will soon be desensitized to it.   

RDJ apparently...

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Slime who preys on children.  Charge and lock him up.  Being a homosexual isnt a defence.

To lock him up, he would have to go through legal due process.

Based on the facts of the case and it being so long ago, it's definitely not going to be prosecuted. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

To lock him up, he would have to go through legal due process.

Based on the facts of the case and it being so long ago, it's definitely not going to be prosecuted. 

Priests in Australia have been prosecuted and jailed for things they did 40 years ago.  What about Bill Cosby and others around the world

3 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Priests in Australia have been prosecuted and jailed for things they did 40 years ago.  What about Bill Cosby and others around the world

Yes, and even based on the story  from the victim here, not enough really happened to strongly support a prosecution. Also a strong case is helped by physical evidence. As sex didn't happen, there wouldn't be any.

It's certainly possible that others may come forward to accuse Spacey, but if not, he's legally in the clear, but yes his career is in big trouble. 

Well now it's "coming out" that Spacey had a reputation when he lived in London for aggressively groping men at gay bars. Not underage. I don't see how that is criminal behavior. Just means he's a jerk. Grown men can deal with that. It's different if its in a power relationship (like with Weinstein) where it's implicit that if you don't go along, you hurt your career. 

Bummer.

Now they've suspended production on the "last" season of House of Cards (six). 

This is getting personal.

Finish the damn series!

They're also working on House of Cards spin off new shows without Spacey.

That's OK. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well now it's "coming out" that Spacey had a reputation when he lived in London for aggressively groping men at gay bars. Not underage. I don't see how that is criminal behavior. Just means he's a jerk. Grown men can deal with that. It's different if its in a power relationship (like with Weinstein) where it's implicit that if you don't go along, you hurt your career. 

It's sexual assault.  

Not so different to "grabbing by the pussy" that you were so shocked about not long ago....

Change of heart????

(Some) gay bars (and saunas much more so) are spaces where sexual approaches (welcome or unwelcome) often happen and any adult going to such places would know that. Obviously rape or violence would not be tolerated in such spaces and would be as illegal as anywhere, but let's not go overboard with the sex phobia and criminalize people being jerks. Just push the jerk away and tell him to take a hike. Sorted. 

To add though if you did get raped in a gay sauna it would be probably be impossible to convict. 

Edited by Jingthing

The production studios are sooo afraid , of what ? Nothing happened here, just a silly incident over 30 years ago. Are they afraid of getting sued if they continue to produce season 6 ? Unless there are more skeletons in the closet life goes on for all of us, including Kevin Spacey.

4 minutes ago, balo said:

The production studios are sooo afraid , of what ? Nothing happened here, just a silly incident over 30 years ago. Are they afraid of getting sued if they continue to produce season 6 ? Unless there are more skeletons in the closet life goes on for all of us, including Kevin Spacey.

I think. Spacey's career is in trouble. Whether it should be or not. 

Let us not forget that “age of consent” is subject to the legal, moral and often religious structures of the day. For instance 14 is currently the age of consent in 11 European countries including Germany, Portugal and Italy. As recently as 1995 the age of consent in Spain was 12, raised to 13 in 1999!
So as with many aspects of sexual behavior it is all subjective. That is not to say that predatory or forced sexual advances are acceptable in any jurisdiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK now I understand , this is more complicated for sure. 

The brother of Kevin Spacey is speaking out, They were both sexually abused by their father who were a member of the American Nazi party. . His childhood was a very dark place. Everything is coming to the surface now. 

"He was so enamored with Adolf Hitler that he even trimmed his mustache to resemble the Fuehrer’s."

pagesix.com/2017/10/31/kevin-spaceys-brother-our-father-abused-us-as-children/

Edited by balo

2 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Stephen Hawking is the latest famous male to be accused of sexual harassment. A lady claims she met him at a party and all he did was drool, leer, and try to go down on her during a power cut..............:wub:

Theoretically Physical advance

Edited by tifino

Stephen Hawking is the latest famous male to be accused of sexual harassment. A lady claims she met him at a party and all he did was drool, leer, and try to go down on her during a power cut..............:wub:

Wouldn't surprise he thinks he so inportant coming from the UK but speaking with a American accent.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, balo said:

OK now I understand , this is more complicated for sure. 

The brother of Kevin Spacey is speaking out, They were both sexually abused by their father who were a member of the American Nazi party. . His childhood was a very dark place. Everything is coming to the surface now. 

"He was so enamored with Adolf Hitler that he even trimmed his mustache to resemble the Fuehrer’s."

pagesix.com/2017/10/31/kevin-spaceys-brother-our-father-abused-us-as-children/

Ah so. The old father was a Nazi card. The plot sickens. 

Edited by Jingthing

From the article :

"US filmmaker Tony Montana claims he was groped by the actor in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.

Montana says he was left with PTSD for six months after he claims Spacey "forcefully" grabbed his crotch"  :smile:

Really ? The TSA grabbs & gropes , searches cavities of thousands every day , and this guy has PTSD because the was groped in a bar??

Meetoo then ! :sad:  The security at Bangkok airport touched my junk , and she wasn't a famous actress/actor.

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

From the article :

"US filmmaker Tony Montana claims he was groped by the actor in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.

Montana says he was left with PTSD for six months after he claims Spacey "forcefully" grabbed his crotch"  :smile:

Really ? The TSA grabbs & gropes , searches cavities of thousands every day , and this guy has PTSD because the was groped in a bar??

Meetoo then ! :sad:  The security at Bangkok airport touched my junk , and she wasn't a famous actress/actor.

Yes, I read that story as well.

Grabbing a guy's crotch in a bar is certainly rude if the person hasn't given signals to invite it, but if that gives a grown man a long term trauma, he's got much much deeper psychological issues to deal with that have nothing to do with the grab. 

I think people coming forward with reports of abuse is fine, but reports like this are becoming an abuse of this trend to the point of absurdity and HYSTERIA. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, balo said:

Unfortunately we have another case of a boy being sexually harrassed, he is British and it happened back in the 80's when the young 16 year old actor was invited home to Spacey.  Doesn't look good for him now . 

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41828874

No, it doesn't and it's not very surprising either. Oh well!