If I have S.E.Non-O, can I enter on Visa Exemption?

Hey folks!

I'm struggling to find an answer to this one, hopefully some of you knowledgeable lot have some input.

I'm from the UK, with Thai spouse. 

We will soon be arriving in Bangkok for about 10 days, then taking a trip to Japan for a week, before returning to Thailand for 59 days.

If I now apply for a non-imm"O" with a single entry, can I ask the officer on the kiosk on my first arrival at Bangkok to NOT stamp that visa, and to let me have a "visa exempt" tourist stamp for my short stay?

(And then use my Non-O S.E. on my second arrival for my longer stay.)

I'd rather not have to pay £125 for a Multiple Entry O visa.

---OR---

Can I do the whole thing cheaply and easily on "visa exempt" tourist stamps, with a simple 1,900 Baht renewal at Chiang Mai Immigration office after 30 days of my longer visit?

TL;DR:

S E non-O, M E non-O, or tourist stamps?

Many thanks in advance! 

:-)

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

No.

Enter on the Non Imm O (90 days) and purchase a re-entry permit from your local Immigration office (1,000 baht).

This will keep the remainder of your 90 days valid when you re-enter.

This in an excellent and cost-efficent solution. The single-entry non-O visa costs only GBP 50, I believe.

• Like 1

The IO would almost certainly insist on you using the visa when you first enter Thailand. If you do choose to enter with a SE Non 'O' you can get a re-entry permit at the airport when you go to Japan. On returning from Japan the IO will stamp you back in for the remainder of your original 90 day entry, which would cover the 59 days.

Yes you could do it with two visa exempt entries and extending the second entry by 30 days. The only thing to note is that the airline flying you from Japan to Thailand might insist on you having an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days if you travel without a visa. You could check the airline policy on that.

I would probably go for a SE Non 'O' and re-entry permit. However, if you are planning another trip to Thailand within the year a ME Non 'O' might be a good option.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the replies.

To clarify, do I...

purchase a re-entry permit from [my] local Immigration office (1,000 baht)

-OR-

get a re-entry permit at [ BKK ] airport when [ I ] go to Japan

???

Cheers...

Edited by KruJoe

6 minutes ago, KruJoe said:

Brill, thanks!

Is that desk at BKK open late? We fly to Okinawa at 01:45 on a Friday morning.

Open 24 hours a day.

It is located after security in immigration zone 2 just before the departure immigration desks. No need for photo, form or copies for a service charge of 200 baht.

• Like 1