Another Pattaya own goal as tourists falling out of the new beach chairs

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, smedly said:

This article is complete nonsense, anything is better than those cheap wooden deck chairs that have been on Pattaya beach since the 60's, these new loungers are standard issue around the world and are a marked improvement for all concerned

now all they need is water that you can actually swim in without contracting a severe illness or infection

But the people who use the chairs would not agree with you. So as a non user does that make you right ?

6 hours ago, smedly said:

This article is complete nonsense, anything is better than those cheap wooden deck chairs that have been on Pattaya beach since the 60's, these new loungers are standard issue around the world and are a marked improvement for all concerned

They are not so worldwide standard; You find them mainly in locations that get many American tourists (or tourists from other countries with many obese people) because these tourists are not able anymore to sit in the wooden  chairs that were "standard" during the last 50 years...

These new PVC chairs are not at all adapted to Thai people and not adapted at Pattaya beach were people used to meet on the small wooden chairs around a small table for a drink. You can't do that anymore with these huge chairs/beds.

Many had fallen out of them and it was only the softness of the stand that prevented injury.

OMG, tourists could get seriously hurt by falling 20 cm! Fortunately the soft sand prevents this from becoming a humanitarian catastrophe!

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

They are not so worldwide standard; You find them mainly in locations that get many American tourists (or tourists from other countries with many obese people) because these tourists are not able anymore to sit in the wooden  chairs that were "standard" during the last 50 years...

These new PVC chairs are not at all adapted to Thai people and not adapted at Pattaya beach were people used to meet on the small wooden chairs around a small table for a drink. You can't do that anymore with these huge chairs/beds.

So what skinny country are you from?  

The best thing about fat Americans is they usually don't go to the beach and they don't wear speedos where fat slobs in Europe usually do. Most American beaches have no beach chairs for rent that's why they look nice. Florida like Miami Beach does have them but most people there are hot and sexy. 

Edited by alex8912

"Many had fallen out of them and it was only the softness of the stand that prevented injury."

It's a 3 inch drop lol
I like this bit better

"He said that the chairs were more suitable to a hard surface and when foreigners leaned they became unstable."

It sounds like that Thai people have the ability not to fall out of them and only stpud tourist can't lay down with out falling of there sun bed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So if I am to understand this Chang have given them free chairs but they are charging us 60THB more. And how are the Thais going to have a feast with 10 people and loads of food and whisky in sun beds. Why can't we just choose a chair or a bed.

"Another Pattaya own goal"? What is this gibberish? Can someone translate?
It means another mess up by the authorities. another nail in the coffin for Pattaya one more little thing to spoil our fun. One more little thing what wasn't quite as good as it used to be.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

now all they need is water that you can actually swim in without contracting a severe illness or infection

I'd be willing to bet 100 hard-earned baht that you will not be shelling out the 100 baht to sit in a chair that used to be 40 baht.  Good idea, bad result!

If the chairs are not stable in sand i would think it would be easy to topple. It's not a joke to expectantly fall over.

Question: Were the old beach chairs made of canvas or nylon webbing?

It looks like these have a solid plastic cushion. Not something I would want to be associated with on a hot day. It could cause you to sweat and be very uncomfortable or, if exposed to sun, it could burn you or at least be quite hot.

They needed someone with beach lounging experience to consult. I would assume the people making the decisions had little experience in this realm.

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

How do you know they are Ozzies, do they have this stamped on their foreheads.  There's been a lot of impersonators infiltrating Pattaya lately. I think some might be Poms, you know how they keep sending their no gooders to us, started a couple of hundred years ago and they haven't stopped. So now they come here, call themselves Ozzies in an attempt to conceal their nationalities and besmirch out good name.:thumbsup::wai:

You should be proud of your true heritage. :cheesy:

burglar-png-swag-in-english-swag-is-well-known-slang-for-stolen-goods-the-stereotypical-image-of-a-184.png

Edited by stanleycoin

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I don't see anything in the OP about one tipping over on concrete - and no picture of such.

The linked "source" just goes to Farcebook, so that's a dead-end for non members.

Totally dislike these links that seem to try and force you into using faeces book.

A load of nonsense...     We have these sunbeds and parasols on my beach.  The best You can have.

" And the cushions actually retain heat making a beach lie down something akin to a wartime torture."

Yes, of course, you bring a big towel to put on your sunbed. What's the problem.

Given the parasols, it is the same size as always.  Just get some more...

O.M.G.   !