The gruesome story of a Brit who boxed his way out of a hellhole Thai prison – and is now having a film made about his life

webfact

23 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

Haven't you noticed these days they are moving away from ' based on a true story ' and now starting to use  the term ' inspired by a true story ' which is a catch all phrase??

When we going to have "Don't let the truth get in the way of a great story! "

It's like the days when we bought football shirts. " Made in England " to ' Created in England ' and now we have ' An English design ' or ' Designed in England ' which means made and produced cheaply in Cambodia or the Philippines!!......I know, I know, I am now.... :offtopic:  BUT then they tell us we shouldn't buy copies!!!!

It's incredible how the story has changed so far. From a hero who boxed his way out there's not much left. Mr. Crybaby on junk doesn't sound fascinating, so better make him to a hero on heroin. Shame for the Muay Thai sport!!

A junkie who took drugs in prison, who never ever had a real Muay Thai fight in his life. ( Wouldn't you find a fight on youtube then?) Fake.

From  "The movie was made in a Thai prison" it was changed into a place in the  Philippines, because Mr. Superstar was denied entry to Thailand? Fake, fake

"With real Thai prisoners as actors, turns out that they weren't Thai, nor were they "real prisoners." Fake.

So, yes. your story is so true and based on a true event, or was it a true story? Well, let's put it this way: " It was created by a human French being who sniffled a lot of money coming in by changing a few little facts. Fake.

What a fake story, fake location, fake Muay Thai boxer, fake everything. They deserve fake money for their fake film. 

The film where all details are faked to attract more paying customers. Lies sell better than the truth? 

After watching this trailer you can't blame women for faking an orgasm, or two....

Edited by jenny2017

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

It's incredible how the story has changed so far. From a hero who boxed his way out there's not much left. Mr. Crybaby on junk doesn't sound fascinating, so better make him to a hero on heroin. Shame for the Muay Thai sport!!

A junkie who took drugs in prison, who never ever had a real Muay Thai fight in his life. ( Wouldn't you find a fight on youtube then?) Fake.

From  "The movie was made in a Thai prison" it was changed into a place in the  Philippines, because Mr. Superstar was denied entry to Thailand? Fake, fake

"With real Thai prisoners as actors, turns out that they weren't Thai, nor were they "real prisoners." Fake.

So, yes. your story is so true and based on a true event, or was it a true story? Well, let's put it this way: " It was created by a human French being who sniffled a lot of money coming in by changing a few little facts. Fake.

What a fake story, fake location, fake Muay Thai boxer, fake everything. They deserve fake money for their fake film. 

The film where all details are faked to attract more paying customers. Lies sell better than the truth? 

After watching this trailer you can't blame women for faking an orgasm, or two....

As Sharron Stone said, women can fake orgasms but men can fake whole relationships.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:35 AM, Scouse123 said:

PhuketRichard,

This guy I know personally and met him on several occasions due to my connections with Klong Prem hospital, and he didn't do anywhere near do three years, closer to 18 months!

He certainly did less than 20 months in Thailand and that includes his eight months in Chiang Mai.

He then went back to the UK, where you do ' half the balance to serve ' so if he did eight months in the UK, that is 16 months UK prison because the other eight is outside in the community ' on licence ' That means his total prison time was just over two years! .........and they make a movie about this??????

He certainly WAS NOT boxing in Klong Prem.He was a total drug addict.

He was in and out of the hospital at every opportunity possible. He was thrown out of the hospital for stealing inmates supplies from their lockers and prescription drugs in the hospital. He was a complete nuisance and waste of space.

He then resorted to hanging out with the Thai Muslims or anybody who would tolerate him and pretending he had converted so he could join  the group and get a free ride with food.He was permanently looking for funds to ' support his habit ' and even managed to get money from the charity ' Prisoners abroad ' It's a shame there is no vetting before they give out funds.

Not a nice person.This guy typifies actually, the lowlifes that TV members are always complaining about that come to Thailand and give their home countries a bad name.

I just could see by his shifty body language in the video he was being evasive and dodgy.

He reminds me of some scouse guy I saw in a bar in Chiang Mai, but this was way back in 2008-09. Two years must suck in the prisons of Thailand though. 

For ending up there he must have been unable to bribe his way out of trouble though. Usually, there's an opportunity before it goes to a judge to do this, either via a lawyer or in person to the arresting cops.

Edited by mitsubishi

19 hours ago, mitsubishi said:

I just could see by his shifty body language in the video he was being evasive and dodgy.

He reminds me of some scouse guy I saw in a bar in Chiang Mai, but this was way back in 2008-09. Two years must suck in the prisons of Thailand though. 

For ending up there he must have been unable to bribe his way out of trouble though. Usually, there's an opportunity before it goes to a judge to do this, either via a lawyer or in person to the arresting cops.

He WAS in Chiang Mai at the times you stated!

Edited by Scouse123

On 11/2/2017 at 10:51 AM, Stubby said:

Alcohol and drug addiction is not anyone's fault. It can creep up on your unawares and it can happen to the best of us. Few wake up one morning and say: "Ooo, I'm an addict, I'd better do something about that". It doesn't work like.

And yet all addiction research indicates this is exactly the way it works. Yes, addiction can creep up on you "unawares". But to begin a cure the addict must "wake up one morning" and acknowledge their addiction and then work incredibly hard to overcome it.

Just now, mikebike said:

And yet all addiction research indicates this is exactly the way it works. Yes, addiction can creep up on you "unawares". But to begin a cure the addict must "wake up one morning" and acknowledge their addiction and then work incredibly hard to overcome it.

mikebike,

I myself had/ have exactly what you describe!

I was no alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination but as you say it ' can ' creep up on you. I found it when I was putting things off till tomorrow so I could drink beer or letting people down for appointments because I didn't want them to know I had stayed in the pub instead of meeting them. I WAS NOT DRUNK, in any way. but it started to creep in. Missing appointments, not doing chores, putting things off.

I also found myself getting irritable with people around me for small work errors they made, when I had been drinking because I have a bit of OCD thrown in to the mix.

I have packed the booze in now for quite a while. I am no holy Joe, I wouldn't dream of making any criticism of anyone that likes a beer, I just found myself that I tended to be last out of the bar when I was drinking. I then started drinking two or three beers in the mornings before work, only beer not spirits, in Thailand because I could.

I ' woke up one morning ' and thought I need to get a grip on this. Since quitting, I personally feel a better person, in my moods especially. I just need a bit of weight off now as I compensated booze for food but I am now getting out and doing a bit of exercise.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

mikebike,

I myself had/ have exactly what you describe!

I was no alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination but as you say it ' can ' creep up on you. I found it when I was putting things off till tomorrow so I could drink beer or letting people down for appointments because I didn't want them to know I had stayed in the pub instead of meeting them. I WAS NOT DRUNK, in any way. but it started to creep in. Missing appointments, not doing chores, putting things off.

I also found myself getting irritable with people around me for small work errors they made, when I had been drinking because I have a bit of OCD thrown in to the mix.

I have packed the booze in now for quite a while. I am no holy Joe, I wouldn't dream of making any criticism of anyone that likes a beer, I just found myself that I tended to be last out of the bar when I was drinking. I then started drinking two or three beers in the mornings before work, only beer not spirits, in Thailand because I could.

I ' woke up one morning ' and thought I need to get a grip on this. Since quitting, I personally feel a better person, in my moods especially. I just need a bit of weight off now as I compensated booze for food but I am now getting out and doing a bit of exercise.

Thanks for being so honest, I've done the same and quit. Life's so much better now. 

But back to topic, sorry. 

The company advertised that the film was made inside a Thai prison with "real prisoners". Truth caught up and the excuse is cheap :He wasn't allowed to come to Thailand to do the movie, so they decided to go to the Philippines...

Excuse me, how can you change your story so often? So the real prisoners are in reality Filipinos? And the real Thai prison is an abandoned Filipino prison, or what?

I've got a 17 year old relative who's good at Muay Thai. He'd love to test the superhero and go for a fight with him.

You can Google Moore's name and you won't find a film where he's actually fighting Muay Thai. The only Moore you find is Craig Moore, who's got nothing to do with Billy Moore. 

The only thing that's really true about Moore is that he's an amphetamine addict. I understand that the Italian producer only wants to make money, but always changing the "facts" doesn't look good.

If anybody knows a link where the superhero is actually in a ring and fighting, please post the link.