Police all smiles as drug lord "Ek Uan"'s safes contain nearly 40 million baht in cash and gold

webfact

Police all smiles as drug lord "Ek Uan"'s safes contain nearly 40 million baht in cash and gold

2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

National police announced the results of four major drugs' busts yesterday.

Leading the way was the arrest on a warrant of a major dealer known by the nickname of "Ek Uan" or Jirat Pensophonwit in Ayuthaya.

A total of 38,464,552 baht worth of gold bullion, jewelry, cash and watches was found in his two safes. Six other associates were later arrested in the Bangkok area and deputy police chief Chalernkiat Sriworakhan said that the total assets seized amounted to almost 200 million baht.

Two of the other cases involved Nigerian's and cocaine.

Thai woman Nusara Chamkrom, 26, and Francis Okenwa from Nigeria aged 32, were arrested after 1.8 kilos of cocaine was seized at Suvarnabhumi airport on Friday. The drugs had come from Dubai.

In South Pattaya police arrested Kenneth Chiboge Prince also from Nigeria. A suspect package sent via private courier from Peru had been opened by police and found to contain 950 grams of cocaine. This led to the arrest of the recipient named on the package.

While in Rayong eight Thais were arrested with almost 200 kilos of ganja and 187 Ya Ba tablets on Saturday.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-02

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

The use of the word SMILES is probably the understatement of the year !

So many thoughts going through their heads ! :passifier:

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

holy cow   !   that's alot of cash    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, it will go to those who need it least.  Professional policemen would not beam quite so much.  Those smiles suggest the money will find its way to unworthy pockets. 

why is it that you people who are guests in this country are always putting the thai police down, i personally in my 10 years in thailand have found the police honest and always helpful, if you can not have something good to say , and hate it so much here get back to your own magnificent countries that you escaped from 

2 hours ago, stropper said:

why is it that you people who are guests in this country are always putting the thai police down, i personally in my 10 years in thailand have found the police honest and always helpful, if you can not have something good to say , and hate it so much here get back to your own magnificent countries that you escaped from 

You sir are living in a dream world.

Honest policemen here:cheesy::cheesy: i have lost many millions of baht because of dishonest police here.

So my advise to you is shut up, only speak when you have something constuctive to say.

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Honest policemen here:cheesy::cheesy: i have lost many millions of baht because of dishonest police here.

So my advise to you is shut up, only speak when you have something constuctive to say.

Wow.......that is harsh...the guy said what he believed to  be true.  Why don't you shut up until you have put flesh on your "millions of baht" claim.

2 minutes ago, kratiam said:

Wow.......that is harsh...the guy said what he believed to  be true.  Why don't you shut up until you have put flesh on your "millions of baht" claim.

Well for your information, i have put flesh on my claims.

A fact which a few members on here can verify, so stop getting your knickers in a twist about something you know nothing about.

3 hours ago, stropper said:

I've been here a similar amount of time, and love the place, warts and all.

The legal mafia are some of the warts. I've lost a brother in law to them. You need to remember these are the boys who, when one of their own was killed and dragged under a car for hundreds of metres, first thought about how much money they could make out of the situation.

You say you love Thailand, but you are yet to acknowledge one of its biggest problems.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

What he said was way more "constuctive" than your comment.

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, naboo said:

I've been here a similar amount of time, and love the place, warts and all.

The legal mafia are some of the warts. I've lost a brother in law to them. You need to remember these are the boys who, when one of their own was killed and dragged under a car for hundreds of metres, first thought about how much money they could make out of the situation.

You say you love Thailand, but you are yet to acknowledge one of its biggest problems.

" ...these are the boys who, when one of their own was killed and dragged under a car for hundreds of metres, first thought about how much money they could make out of the situation."

I'd love to hear how you justify that remark.