Being Ignored - Do you say anything?

Neeranam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Considering you claim that 95% of Thai BGs are low class I'd say it would be safe to ASSUME you either know every Thai BGs or you are claiming to know something you have no actual idea about.

Now, can we get back on topic.

The OP reckons it is about 95% as well !

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Yeah right; A friend speaks fluent Thai and is a professional certified translator. Her citizenship was recently granted, a process that took TEN YEARS with more obstacles than Aintree Racecourse.

I have some friends who got it, ranging from 2 years to 4 years.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, JLCrab said:

ThaiVisa.com Forum Rule #2 states that you will not post material that " ... is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false ..."

That doesn't rule out a whopper being thrown in by some now-and-then.

A whopper, or even a junior whopper is now known as "False News" and seems to the norm in these days of social media and hysterical reporting.

:burp:

On 12/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, evadgib said:

Yeah right; A friend speaks fluent Thai and is a professional certified translator. Her citizenship was recently granted, a process that took TEN YEARS with more obstacles than Aintree Racecourse.

This is not true.

There is no certification for translators in Thailand.

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

There is no certification for translators in Thailand.

Would you seriously have us believe that a country so hell-bent on paperwork and bureaucracy would allow such folly?

pinocchio-clip-art-7.gif

Edited by evadgib

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Do you seriously believe anyone can do it; regardless of accuracy etc?

pinocchio-clip-art-7.gif

Yes, anyone can do it - I've done it myself a few times. Just write your name and telephone number on it. Even using shops that are recommended by certain embassies doesn't guarantee the MoFA will accept it.

Having a fancy stamp means nothing, apart from fooling some gullible foreigners.

8 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I do believe you haven't a clue what you're talking about. 

When I wanted to get married I had a Thai schoolteacher do the translation of my 'Freedom to marry' document.

Sent it off to the MFA, and they returned it marked, please use a translator on our list (enclosed) for the translation.

Which I then did and it was accepted (the translation was the same).

I begin to think you are just a forum troll, as you seem to know absolutely nothing about Thailand, or the government offices and requirements (I paid 500bht to the official LISTED translator, including MFA fees, caught out once it was payment on receipt of the MFA approval, and the finalized and approved documents in my hand).

Edited by MaeJoMTB

On 12/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, Neeranam said:
On 12/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, evadgib said:

12 years here, never got it.

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

When I wanted to get married I had a Thai schoolteacher do the translation of my 'Freedom to marry' document.

Sent it off to the MFA, and they returned it marked, please use a translator on our list (enclosed) for the translation.

I begin to think you are just a forum troll, as you seem to know absolutely nothing about Thailand, or the government offices and requirements.

BS. I work as a translator. There is no such list. 

On 12/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, Neeranam said:

I've noticed women married to Thai men get citizenship very quickly too.

MrPatrick seems to be making it all up.

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've noticed women married to Thai men get citizenship very quickly too.

MrPatrick seems to be making it all up.

I visited the special branch police on Monday and they told me the whole process could be done in two years.

And, I translated some documents myself, which were legalized in 4 days by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My passport was one such document, after getting it stamped by the UK embassy.

23 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I begin to think you are just a forum troll, as you seem to know absolutely nothing about Thailand, or the government offices and requirements (I paid 500bht to the official LISTED translator, including MFA fees, caught out once it was payment on receipt of the MFA approval, and the finalized and approved documents in my hand).

I'd love to see this imaginary list.

What translation company charge 500 baht for a translation plus the MoFA fees?

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I visited the special branch police on Monday and they told me the whole process could be done in two years.

And, I translated some documents myself, which were legalized in 4 days by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My passport was one such document, after getting it stamped by the UK embassy.

I'm guessing a UK consular official was not required to countersign that document, it's the consular signature which the MFA is confirming on the 'freedom to marry' document, not the translation. If you read the MFA stamp on the 'freedom to marry' document, it says something along the lines 'I confirm this to be the true signature of Blah Blah'.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

9 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm guessing a UK consular official was not required to countersign that document, it's the consular signature which the MFA is confirming on the 'freedom to marry' document, not the translation. If you read the MFA stamp on the 'freedom to marry' document, it says something along the lines 'I confirm this to be the signature of Blah Blah'.

It was signed by the Pro Consul, whose name also has to be translated correctly.I asked her at the embassy how her name was translated as I knew it might be refused if spelled wrongly.

My stamp from the ministry of foreign affairs said nothing of that nature.