Being Ignored - Do you say anything?

Neeranam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, huawei said:

^^^ nor me, lived here and worked here 35 years, been offered it, don't want it..no big deal..

Any particular reason why you don't want it?

They just offered it? Could you pass the Thai test?

Everyone I know needed an interview with the Ministry of the Interior.

^^^ nor me, lived here and worked here 35 years, been offered it, don't want it..no big deal..

i meant my company at at the time offered to put me through the process, at their cost..sorry, slightly loose with words there!

i still don't get it, why some think it's a big deal.

9 hours ago, huawei said:

for some people it's a big deal, for me it's worthless. due to special cirsumstances i have two citizenships. neither country would allow an additional Thai citizenship and i would hate to be stuck with a passport which is valid only to travel visa free to nowhereland.

Just getting back to the original post,and this has probably been raised but i did not want to go through 31 pages of post's,forgive me, but what about when you talk in Thai to another Thai and your wife/gf parrot's exactly what you have said,is it just me,maybe i have an appaling accent,but just about every Thai girl i have been with has done this.

On 08/12/2017 at 8:38 AM, huawei said:

i meant my company at at the time offered to put me through the process, at their cost..sorry, slightly loose with words there!

Are you perhaps mixing citizenship up with permanent residency?

It's only 5000 baht for citizenship.

For me, it a big deal to be able to start my own company and buy property.

One added bonus would be to tell a couple of immigration officers to go **** themselves ?:smile:.

1 minute ago, marko kok prong said:

Just getting back to the original post,and this has probably been raised but i did not want to go through 31 pages of post's,forgive me, but what about when you talk in Thai to another Thai and your wife/gf parrot's exactly what you have said,is it just me,maybe i have an appaling accent,but just about every Thai girl i have been with has done this.

That has happened to me a lot in the past and even today. I have an accent which my wife understands.

Last night we went to kfc again and same treatment. "Did your father want the set of the pizaa thing by itself", I just laughed.

However on the way out, I asked for a plastic bag and some young punk mimicked me as his colleague got me one. I said ,"excuse me, is there something you don't understand". I felt like saying he'd get his head kicked in if he did th get in Scotland. A KFC employee would certainly be fired.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you perhaps mixing citizenship up with permanent residency?

It's only 5000 baht for citizenship.

For me, it a big deal to be able to start my own company and buy property.

One added bonus would be to tell a couple of immigration officers to go **** themselves ?:smile:.

I had my own company without either, house I bought for the wife ( after 15 years of marriage) condos in my name.

the last point..can't deny that..

i just thought if Thailand at some point made it very difficult for foreigners to live here, whether I had permenant residency or not I wouldn't stay.

But I have always felt that my stay in Thailand is sort of temporary, never imagined retiring here..it's only become a recent phenomenon and I am still convinced it's not suitable for many.

this feeling of take it or leave it I think has served me well. My language skills are good I have made a lot of money here , more than I would at home, but as I have grown older I have almost become more disengaged from the country. I prefer foreign friends, in the house we have always spoken English..

i have gone way off topic..but the Thai residency, citizenship thing I have always found a bit unnecessary but your points are good ones..

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Scots like to kick the heads in of kids working at fast food joints that behave childishly?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If I took my wife to kfc and they mimicked her Thai accent, rudely, not childishly, I would not physically assault them, but certainly would cause a scene.

It is a racial thing. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If I took my wife to kfc and they mimicked her Thai accent, rudely, not childishly, I would not physically assault them, but certainly would cause a scene.

It is a racial thing. 

Why bother ? If the cap fit, let them wear it.

It is a racial thing. 

Do you think that would make your wife happy, or would it just make you feel better about yourself?

I try to not to give the rude that much power over me...

On 12/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, Neeranam said:

I visited the special branch police on Monday and they told me the whole process could be done in two years.

And, I translated some documents myself, which were legalized in 4 days by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My passport was one such document, after getting it stamped by the UK embassy.

Exactly! I have also translated things myself, there are NO CERTIFIED translators in Thailand. Two posters have commented on this thread about my information being wrong, yet refuse to back up their false claims by not providing some list from the MoFA.

46 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Exactly! I have also translated things myself, there are NO CERTIFIED translators in Thailand. Two posters have commented on this thread about my information being wrong, yet refuse to back up their false claims by not providing some list from the MoFA.

Some embassies recommend translation agencies. You are correct about no certification authority, but some clients like to have a stamp and a business registration number, which is not necessary. I've never seen a list from the MOFA. They have their own translation people there that approach you as you enter.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:32 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

You are mixing up two totally different things. 

Khon dtang dao v khon dtang chaat -  the first is used for aliens in neighboring countries like Myanmar, the latter for Westerners.

Also, you're trying to be clever with the humanoid thing -  that is manut dtang dtao.

Oh, will you stop it already...he is correct, and at this point you are making a fool of yourself. See attached.

Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.57.36.png