Being Ignored - Do you say anything?

Neeranam

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Far from normal if your wife condones you going to a bar to flirt with other women, probably on the game. 

Also, not sure your motive here but I don't believe BAR GIRL IN CHIANG MAI CAN'T SPEAK THAI.

you'll be saying next it's normal to marry a bar girl lol

He did say it was ten years ago. Do try to keep up.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Is that a good reason not to learn Thai?

I suppose of that's where you spend most of your time, talking to low class prostitutes in pidgin English must be enlightening.

Talking? I am trying to work out your level of expectation? I think in the situation you describe stimulating conversation would not be high on the agenda!!

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I'd say in Thailand 95%, so not all.

So to know this i can only assume you know and chat to them !  But when i state that i find that Bar Girls can understand my Thai you call me a 'sexpat'  Nice to know you are too !

Edited by Gruff

54 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Talking? I am trying to work out your level of expectation? I think in the situation you describe stimulating conversation would not be high on the agenda!!

Certainly in Chiang Mai i have noticed that a number of the girls working in the bar have previously had long term Western partners and have travelled and lived in Western countries. They can hold a decent conversation

12 minutes ago, Gruff said:

So to know this i can only assume you know and chat to them !  But when i state that i find that Bar Girls can understabd my Thai you call me a 'sexpat'  Nice to know you are too !

Assumptions are like as*holes, they all stink. You nothing about me. but you bring up an interesting point - sexpats like to talk to other ones as it makes them feel like they are normal. Same as people in Thailand who don't make an effort to learn Thai. Boards like this are the perfect place to find your soulmates. 

After being involved in a job relating to sex workers in Thailand, and their issues, for almost 20 years, I know a bit about them. 

Edited by MrPatrickThai

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Certainly in Chiang Mai i have noticed that a number of the girls working in the bar have previously had long term Western partners and have travelled and lived in Western countries. They can hold a decent conversation

Would you go to bars in your home country and talk with prostitutes that had married/scammed foreigners? Ever thought you may be lacking some kinda social skills?

if you learned the language, there would be many opportunities for a normal male to find normal females.

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Assumptions are like <deleted>, they all stink. You nothing about me. but you bring up an interesting point - sexpats like to talk to other ones as it makes them feel like they are normal. Same as people in Thailand who don't make an effort to learn Thai. Boards like this are the perfect place to find your soulmates. 

After being involved in a job relating to sex workers in Thailand, and their issues, for almost 20 years, I know a bit about them. 

Maybe i had a similar occupation but that did not stop you accusing me of being a 'sexpat'.  Yet you know nothing about me !

12 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

sexpats like to talk to other ones as it makes them feel like they are normal. Same as people in Thailand who don't make an effort to learn Thai. Boards like this are the perfect place to find your soulmates. 

I'm fairly sure white guys living in Thailand count as 'deviants' of some sort, if they were normal they would have never have left their home town except for the annual 2 week beach holiday, like the rest of the normal people in the world.

PS.

We prefer to be looked on as 'Romance travellers'. (But Gruff doesn't live here, so isn't a expat of any description).

PPS.

Hardly seems worth the effort to learn a language without the right to citizenship, and only a 90 day VISA.

PPPS.

You're banging a local, how would you describe yourself? (if not a 'sexpat')

Edited by MaeJoMTB

9 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Assumptions are like as*holes, they all stink. You nothing about me. but you bring up an interesting point - sexpats like to talk to other ones as it makes them feel like they are normal. Same as people in Thailand who don't make an effort to learn Thai. Boards like this are the perfect place to find your soulmates. 

As you stated, in your opinion prostitutes are low class, so now you tell us you worked with them, well the low-class ones....

Next your going to tell us you are a doctor....

7 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Don't you remember saying that you came here for the bar girls?

I believe i said that i was of the opinion that most Posters here come to Thailand with a desire for a relationship with a Thai girl.  The 2nd time in the last few pages now that you have misquoted me. 

22 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Would you go to bars in your home country and talk with prostitutes that had married/scammed foreigners? Ever thought you may be lacking some kinda social skills?

if you learned the language, there would be many opportunities for a normal male to find normal females.

I am conscious that this thread is starting to go off topic. I mentioned about chatting with Bar Girls because i believe they do make more of an effort to understand  foreigner Thai. I am sure the reason for this is that they are getting direct benefit (income from the drink and maybe more) and so they are more incentivsed than a shop assistant or waitress (whose payment is indirect). I don't know any girls that have scammed foreigners (although i am sure there are many from all walks of life that have done that) but i do know a few that are receiving a regular income from a Foreigner which is being sent of their own volition.

I don't know of bars with working girls in my own Country but i was recently in Larnaca, Cyprus and nearly every (pub style bar) in Town had working girls. The dynamic was different though the bars were not being frequented by tourists or expats but by Locals. most of them looked pretty normal to me and perhaps suprisingly young ! 

21 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I came to Thailand long-term to work as a skilled volunteer at a Foundation under patronage of HM (the late) King. The relationship with the local came after.

How many times, i used the word most not all ! 

Edited by Gruff

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Hardly seems worth the effort to learn a language without the right to citizenship, and only a 90 day VISA.

If your are married, you can get a one year visa. If you get a job, you can get citizenship fairly easily.

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I am conscious that this thread is starting to go off topic. I mentioned about chatting with Bar Girls because i believe they do make more of an effort to understand  foreigner Thai. I am sure the reason for this is that they are getting direct benefit (income from the drink and maybe more) and so they are more incentivsed than a shop assistant or waitress (whose payment is indirect). I don't know any girls that have scammed foreigners

I've met hundreds of foreigners who have ripped off by Thai girls, many for millions of baht.

True, bar girls have a huge incentive, it's like winning the lottery netting a farang.

3 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I'd say in Thailand 95%, so not all.

I think this could be near the mark, not just in Thailand though.

Just because they are loso, doesn't make them lesser than. I've known many very nice ones, here and in my home land.

Edited by Neeranam

MrPatrickThai said:

I wonder what kind of monsters abuse these poor girls, who are forced into prostitution. I know the police give them a hard time.

whom are you trying to büllshayt? :cheesy:

Edited by Naam

On 11/13/2017 at 10:53 PM, MrPatrickThai said:
On 11/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, marko kok prong said:

what i do still find annoying is my girlfriend[same as my ex wife] dropping me in mid conversation to yell at her kids/mother,or talk to her freinds,i have told this is considered bad manners by falangs

Shouldn't you, as the foreigner, adapt to Thai culture?

he should neither "tell her what is considered bad manners" anywhere on this planet nor adapt to some shitty behaviour but teach her in a way that can't be misunderstood proper manners. any other reaction is fit for cowardly weaklings!

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've met hundreds of foreigners who have ripped off by Thai girls, many for millions of baht.

True, bar girls have a huge incentive, it's like winning the lottery netting a farang.

Let us get this right - of the hundreds of foreigners you have met, none willingly supported their girlfriends/Wives? None willingly built a house or willingly supported a business venture, all were in some way outsmarted by bar girls and never willingly parted with these millions you speak of?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I was ripped by an English lady, she got around 600K gbp.

Now I know you will say that was a fair divorce settlement, but really when they tell any lie and make any accusation and harm their own children in order to maximize their 'take' that becomes a scam, and almost every white woman is fully prepared to do it. Thai bar girls are far more honest, and you have to give them your money (usually in an attempt to break the law of the land), a judge won't award it them.

On 30/11/2017 at 6:54 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

I was ripped by an English lady, she got around 600K gbp.

Now I know you will say that was a fair divorce settlement, but really when they tell any lie and make any accusation and harm their own children in order to maximize their 'take' that becomes a scam, and almost every white woman is fully prepared to do it. Thai bar girls are far more honest, and you have to give them your money (usually in an attempt to break the law of the land), a judge won't award it them.

Thai sex workers are more honest with farang than English women? You must be joking!!

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thai sex workers are more honest with farang than English women? You must be joking!!

I think you'll find there are many expats here that were gutted financially by the divorce courts in their home countries. It's a question of degree, at least here the law is more sensible and the damage is limited unless one is completely stupid with their finances.

I haven't been on the bar scene for some years now. However, I can say none ever ripped me off, and several delivered more warmth than I had any right to expect.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

Considering you claim that 95% of Thai BGs are low class I'd say it would be safe to ASSUME you either know every Thai BGs or you are claiming to know something you have no actual idea about.

Now, can we get back on topic.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 11/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, Neeranam said:

If your are married, you can get a one year visa. If you get a job, you can get citizenship fairly easily.

Yeah right; A friend speaks fluent Thai and is a professional certified translator. Her citizenship was recently granted, a process that took TEN YEARS with more obstacles than Aintree Racecourse.

Edited by evadgib