British woman facing death penalty in Egypt for carrying PAINKILLERS has become a 'zombie'

webfact

She will serve some time and then be released early.

The British Press are going crazy over this. I notice they are also glossing over the bad points like her non-declaration, playing up her claims of ignorance and innocence. It is a great human interest story for them. The family may well have a good PR consultant a la Max Clifford deceased.

The politicians are smelling an opportunity to get their mugs on the TV and get some positive publicity. Egypt and the UK share some strategic / military priorities and have a strong relationship.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed as well as the replies:

Posting Content & General Conduct

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Forum Netiquette

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

She will serve some time and then be released early.

The British Press are going crazy over this. I notice they are also glossing over the bad points like her non-declaration, playing up her claims of ignorance and innocence. It is a great human interest story for them. The family may well have a good PR consultant a la Max Clifford deceased.

The politicians are smelling an opportunity to get their mugs on the TV and get some positive publicity. Egypt and the UK share some strategic / military priorities and have a strong relationship.

The British Press are being feed sob stories by her family,,,

They are not doing her cause any good, she was banged to rights, criticizing the Egyptians when they are in the right is only going to get them annoyed and until it quietens down they will not release her early as a gesture of good will.

Remember Egypt is subject to an arms embargo so any good will will be hard to find. 

33 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You can always rely on TV members to give someone the benefit of the doubt and display some human compassion. :coffee1:

If you want compassion and the benefit of the doubt on this forum, be a guy, wear lipstick and put on a frock and the compassionate, benefit of the doubters will be all over you

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/12/2017 at 8:20 AM, watcharacters said:

How do you know her claims of unawareness were untrue?

You don't sound like a very pleasant or happy mate.

Well Hull is not in Essex, so the Essex Girl excuse just does not wash...

She would have had great difficulty obtaining even 30 tablets let alone 300, and when she asked whoever to supply them to her would have said something like be careful, keep stum, do tell anybody, do not mention me, if you get caught your on your own???

• 2 months later...
On 06/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Unfortunately either naivety, ignorance , or stupidity has brought her to where she is now. 300 tablets, even in UK would surely need a GP certificate. She obtained them from a friend, so no paper trail. Assuming her husband knew about what she was doing, he should have warned her. I take Solpadiene, a paracetamol and codeine mix, banned here in Thailand except on prescription. However, each time I travelled from Saudi I had a letter from my Doctor explaining why I had them.  

I do hope she gets the help she needs, and manages to get out of that s***hole.

Western countries sell low-dose codeine mixes over the counter.   Codeine is a controlled drug in Thailand: can bring in 30 days' supply if declared and approved by Thai narcotics control bureau prior to travel.   A doctor's letter is not enough but might mitigate your punishment if caught by customs officers.

• Like 1

Western countries sell low-dose codeine mixes over the counter.   Codeine is a controlled drug in Thailand: can bring in 30 days' supply if declared and approved by Thai narcotics control bureau prior to travel.   A doctor's letter is not enough but might mitigate your punishment if caught by customs officers.
Any idea why Codeine is a controlled drug but tramadol isn't? And widely available

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
31 minutes ago, Trevor25222 said:

Any idea why Codeine is a controlled drug but tramadol isn't? And widely available

Tramadol imports are still limited to 30 days, without declaration.   The Thais clearly perceive codeine to be more addictive, although equivalent arguments could be made for tramadol.   The irony is that the small doses of codeine in mixes are helpful without causing addiction.

1 hour ago, Trevor25222 said:

Exactly, importing drugs that aren’t  available with a “normal” prescription is very risky, a simple prescription or letter from your doctor at home isn’t enough. I know that you can get a document from the Swiss federal health administration if you need to travel with drugs that could get you in trouble, I guess other countries provide a similar service.

As an example, I know a guy who got arrested at the airport in Singapore because of a strong opioid he was carrying, but thanks to this document, an employee from the Swiss embassy came to assist him and managed to get him out of trouble. A doctor’s letter wouldn’t have helped him much, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Trevor25222 said:

Australia has recently banned the OTC sale of all preparations containing codeine. 

Tramadol imports are still limited to 30 days, without declaration.   The Thais clearly perceive codeine to be more addictive, although equivalent arguments could be made for tramadol.   The irony is that the small doses of codeine in mixes are helpful without causing addiction.
Yes i find co codamol works wonders on my lower back, almost a miracle pain switch off, Tramadol does nothing
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Trevor25222 said:

I'm afraid that this is over now. No more codeine without seeing a doctor.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-01-29/codeine-changes-what-you-need-to-know/9361922

Good, any drug you will get addicted to is not good in the long run. And your body will suffer .  But if you have desperate pain in your body I can understand you want to risk it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 10:53 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 24/04/2018 at 8:43 PM, Trevor25222 said:

Yes i find co codamol works wonders on my lower back, almost a miracle pain switch off, Tramadol does nothing

50mg  Thai trramadol doesn't do much 

In the UK they give you 200mg tablets and they do work but fairly addictive so try not to abuse them

• Like 1

If she were the daughter of a British MP  she'd of been released long ago. Same as that British girl Smith who got busted in Thailand with a big quantity of heroin but daddy (big banker)  got her out on bail and out of Thailand on a dodgey passport issued by the embassy.

Depends who you are in this world.