U.S. Special Counsel Mueller has enough evidence to charge Flynn, son - NBC

webfact

U.S. Special Counsel Mueller has enough evidence to charge Flynn, son - NBC

tag_reuters-2.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Then White House National Security Advisor Michael Flynn (C) arrives prior to a joint news conference between Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and U.S. President Donald Trump at the White House in Washington, DC, U.S. on February 13, 2017. REUTERS/Carlos Barria/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller has collected sufficient evidence to charge Michael Flynn, U.S. President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, and his son, NBC News reported on Sunday, citing multiple sources familiar with the investigation.

NBC News said Mueller's team was looking at possible money-laundering charges, lying to federal agents, and Flynn's role in a possible plan to remove an opponent of the Turkish president from the United States in exchange for millions of dollars. (http://nbcnews.to/2ywXzPC)

Mueller is increasing pressure on Flynn following his indictment of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, NBC News said.

Flynn served 24 days as Trump's national security adviser but was fired after it was discovered he had misrepresented his contacts with a Russian diplomat to Vice President Michael Pence.

Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller's office, declined to comment. Robert Kelner, Flynn's lawyer, also declined to comment.

Barry Coburn, a lawyer for Michael Flynn Jr., declined to comment, although the younger Flynn appeared to address the report in a tweet.

"The SJW are out in full this morning....the disappointment on your faces when I don’t go to jail will be worth all your harassment...," the younger Flynn wrote, using an acronym for "social justice warriors," a pejorative often used in reference to liberals.

(Reporting by Howard Schneider; Additional reporting by Nathan Layne in New York; Editing by Lisa Shumaker and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
    -- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-06

We're seeing precious little about Russian contacts in these indictments. Is that a strategy of Mueller or because of a lack of significant evidence about Russian contacts?

Manafort and Gates were Ukraine; Flynn and son, Turkey; Papa is the only one who mentioned Russia, via a Maltese (and flaky) professor who denies everything that Papa has claimed. My opinion is that if Papa had valuable information he would have negotiated immunity in return for testifying against Trump if it comes to that. His lies have tainted any testimony he may ultimately make.

28 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

Hard to imagine how someone as morally corrupt as Trump appears to be not getting involved in any money making scam happening around them. One of these reptiles has to flip on him, surely?

One would have thought that someone would flip but after however many months of investigation nothing, nada, niente, zilch, zero. No bean spillers might mean excessive loyalty of a very large number of people associated with the campaign....or for Trump haters may actually mean that there was no Russian collusion at all.

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, I think it could be central to the downfall of Trump. Remember that despite Flynn's lies and resulting embarrassment to the Trump administration, Trump has never said a harsh word about Flynn. In fact, he even tweeted to Flynn to "Stay strong." Why is he so solicitious of Flynn?

You make some excellent points, but I will still stand by my post.

Why is he so solicitous of Flynn? Honestly, I think he simply likes the guy (he likes Generals, and Flynn looks like a General). I remember from the campaign that they spent a great deal of time together, and Flynn was seen as a stabilizing influence on Trump. 'Word on the street' is that Trump's children pushed for Flynn to be at the White House, and there must have been a reason for that. I think the second reason is (as you suggest) that Flynn knows a LOT of things, many of which would be injurious to Trump. However, dumping a President, which is what we are talking about, requires a VERY high level of evidence and confidence. Flynn could/would be an extraordinary witness against Trump, but as a corroborative one rather than a primary.  

I say "follow the money" as a financial trail does not really involve proving anyone's credibility, thus is better   evidence because it is purely fact, not opinion in any way, shape or form. Standing up and saying "XX number of dollars went to bank account YY" is something that you cannot really argue with. And that is the kind of evidence needed. And I think that is the kind of evidence out there; cash from Russia (directly or indirectly) to help Trump's businesses.

Where is this evidence? I suspect some in in Trump's tax returns, and some is in different banks. And Mueller has hired some of the preeminent financial fraud lawyers in the US.

We'll see, but I would bet on the money trail, corroborated by Flynn, Manafort and others.

The biggest question is whether the Republican party will have the stones to do what is right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Swagman said:

Hard to imagine how someone as morally corrupt as Trump appears to be not getting involved in any money making scam happening around them. One of these reptiles has to flip on him, surely?

With the number of lawsuits Trump's had, I'd tend to guess he's been involved in some dodgy deals.  Plenty actually.  And more will be coming to light very soon.  With Russian involvement.

Mueller is like a dog with a bone- he won't let go because he sees corruption up to the eyeballs. Trump is going down and the irony is that his love of Twitter  may be the straw that breaks his back- he admitted to firing Comey because he didn't want Comey investigating him.

That is called obstruction of  justice.  There are plenty of dealings with Russia. Manfort was working for the Ukrainian President who is now in exile in Russia.  Russia has been involved in attempting to hack into voting machines and using technology and psyops to alter the US elections.

Just as 'Deep Throat'- advised during the Watergate affair- 'Follow the money'- and that is what is going to eventually link Russia with Trump either directly or through his minions.

Trump's day of reckoning and his ouster as President is coming and then American can try and salvage it's reputation.

50 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Trump's day of reckoning and his ouster as President is coming and then American can try and salvage it's reputation.

The sooner the better as Trump continues to destroy the credibility of a once great country.  I know these things take time and there is certainly momentum building rapidly but it does seem slow in coming to fruition. 

So many off topic posts as this has nothing to do with President Trump. You folks need to just get used to the fact that he will be the president until 2024.

On topic: Flynn is (was) a general and you don't get there by sweating the petty things nor by rolling on people to save your butt. He made some mistakes and He will bear the consequences of his actions. 

Edited by mrwebb8825
    • Haha 1

23 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The sooner the better as Trump continues to destroy the credibility of a once great country.  I know these things take time and there is certainly momentum building rapidly but it does seem slow in coming to fruition. 

I'd sure like to see 1 credible source backing up the trash talk about how President Trump has destroyed the credibility of a once great country. I'd like to see just where you read that the entire country suddenly went spiraling into the toilet the moment he took office.

Was it before or after the lowest unemployment rate in 17 years was posted?

Was it before or after the stock market set record highs over the last 6+ months?

Was it before or after he had the balls to tell little kim to shut the bleep up or he'd be dead for being stupid?

Was it before or after he canceled the TTP and the TTIP boosting jobs for Americans at home?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I'd sure like to see 1 credible source backing up the trash talk about how President Trump has destroyed the credibility of a once great country. I'd like to see just where you read that the entire country suddenly went spiraling into the toilet the moment he took office.

Was it before or after the stock market set record highs over the last 6+ months?

Was it before or after he had the balls to tell little kim to shut the bleep up or he'd be dead for being stupid?

Was it before or after he canceled the TTP and the TTIP boosting jobs for Americans at home?

Incredible post.  Absolutely incredible.  You don't see at all how Trump has tarnished the reputation of the US?  Unreal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

so, the same left-wing democratic group that published this in 2000?

http://www.pewglobal.org/2008/12/18/global-public-opinion-in-the-bush-years-2001-2008/

looks like they copied and pasted some of it. I asked for a credible source and by the way, I didn't ask you. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2008/12/18/global-public-opinion-in-the-bush-years-2001-2008/

looks like they copied and pasted some of it. I asked for a credible source and by the way, I didn't ask you. :coffee1:

You are totally out of it.  Pew is not biased.  Only you are.  Fantastic organization.  But like Trump, you can't handle the truth! LOL

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pew-research/

LEAST BIASED

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes).  The reporting is factual and usually sourced.  These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.

Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH

• Like 1

"Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous."

Interesting that the lean and hungry men - who one is inclined to think would be driven ONLY by ideology - turn out to be greedy too. It is their greed that brings them down.

6 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Yes, Pew is a major defender of the MSM. Just look at the results of this poll they did.

Further Decline in Credibility Ratings for Most News Organizations

"For the second time in a decade, the believability ratings for major news organizations have suffered broad-based declines. In the new survey, positive believability ratings have fallen significantly for nine of 13 news organizations tested. This follows a similar downturn in positive believability ratings that occurred between 2002 and 2004.
    The falloff in credibility affects news organizations in most sectors: national newspapers, such as the New York Times and USA Today, all three cable news outlets, as well as the broadcast TV networks and NPR."

http://www.people-press.org/2012/08/16/further-decline-in-credibility-ratings-for-most-news-organizations/

If ever one needs an example of the power of Pavlovian condition, your comments will do nicely.

• Like 1
    • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Because the unemployment rate was going up before he came into office?

Do you think that might have something to do with the corporate big tax cuts he's promised? HIgher dividends makes stocks more valuable. Doesn't mean nearly so much for the economy.

And Kim has been so intimidated by Trump that he did a missile test over Japan. Clearly, Kim is quaking with fear.

How can you cancel what never was approved by Congress?

Edited by ilostmypassword

12 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I help you a bit as you haven't the ability to gather news yourself:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-image-survey/image-of-the-united-states-has-plunged-under-trump-survey-shows-idUSKBN19I00F

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/world-opinion-trump-u-s/

Here a bit how "special" he is:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/most-outrageous-lies-donald-trump-has-told.html/?a=viewall

• Like 2

16 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You are totally out of it.  Pew is not biased.  Only you are.  Fantastic organization.  But like Trump, you can't handle the truth! LOL

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pew-research/

15 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, Pew is a major defender of the MSM. Just look at the results of this poll they did.

Further Decline in Credibility Ratings for Most News Organizations

"For the second time in a decade, the believability ratings for major news organizations have suffered broad-based declines. In the new survey, positive believability ratings have fallen significantly for nine of 13 news organizations tested. This follows a similar downturn in positive believability ratings that occurred between 2002 and 2004.
    The falloff in credibility affects news organizations in most sectors: national newspapers, such as the New York Times and USA Today, all three cable news outlets, as well as the broadcast TV networks and NPR."

http://www.people-press.org/2012/08/16/further-decline-in-credibility-ratings-for-most-news-organizations/

If ever one needs an example of the power of Pavlovian condition, your comments will do nicely.

Nicely done. You've canceled each other out proving once again how well the dem supporters work together. :coffee1:

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Nicely done. You've canceled each other out proving once again how well the dem supporters work together. :coffee1:

I think you missed the point that his post proved what we're saying.  Right over your head. LOL