Trust.

Been there done that

I will ask question? who trusts there Thai wives? Does anybody here think there wife has a Thai guy on the side? And last question is What makes you think she has Any signs? I think my wife is faithful but sometimes you wonder after reading all this

Read this today on a topic.

Do you trust your Thai wife/gf ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

110%,been with her for 30 years,so if she was going to do anything

she would have done it by now,she cannot tell a lie,maybe just lucky.

Why all these posts putting Thai woman down,are they any worse than

women in the West I dont think so,i suspect those that dont trust their

wives,and have been bitten,maybe do not show them respect,they are 

a person,not a sex slave,servant,just my view,as i said maybe just lucky.

regards worgeordie

Well, if you pay your wife to be with you she is more likely to cheat.

If your wife doesn't have a job and is relying on you for support, she is more likely to cheat.

If your wife is much younger than you she is more likely to cheat.

Even 5 year olds are aware of these facts, yet Papa Alpha Males in Thailand are not?

Why??

Yes i trust my wife she actually owns everything here in Thailand we have joint bank accounts in the UK she is 25 years younger than me , we have a son who now works as does my wife. I am retired why shouldnt i trust her? The only time she lies is when she says some article of clothing or a handbag cost less than it was, but i always can tell anyway she paid for them lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Been there done that said:

I think my wife is faithful but sometimes you wonder after reading all this

I think that is the problem, you read too much of this. Read it sure, but remember and be level headed enough to realise most of it is a load of rubbish. 

Surely, you have an understanding with someone who you make a decision to 'marry'. You also know their daily schedule, and you would hopefully know their friends (who you would consider your friends also). Unless my 7 month pregnant Mrs is doing it in the office with her 2 secretaries watching, and surrounding departments looking through the windows, it would be quite difficult not to trust her. We lunch together, look after the house/kids together, work not too far from each other, and will just use whatever phone is closer as we mix in the same circles anyway.

It is not uncommon for her to randomly drop into my workplace, or me into hers (all our respective colleagues are each others friends anyway).  If I want to do anything (alone time), she goes to her parents house down the road.

Just focus on your life, be smart, but don't let others bitterness question your own direction. 

Edited by wildewillie89

9 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Well, if you pay your wife to be with you she is more likely to cheat.

If your wife doesn't have a job and is relying on you for support, she is more likely to cheat.

If your wife is much younger than you she is more likely to cheat.

Even 5 year olds are aware of these facts, yet Papa Alpha Males in Thailand are not?

Why??

Because most guys here are not alpha males. I agree about your signs.

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

If my wife cheats she don't get paid .......  so i trust her :shock1:

Steven reading your post it appears you have to pay for sex.

Why pay your wife? Pay them they cheat on you.

I have never given my wife 1 baht, she has a good job, and tells me many times i do not want your money, i have my own.

I just want your body, but i dont get that either.:cheesy:

Of course you cannot trust them!

They all lie and are great actresses .

Guy I know told me been with his wife over 25 years and trusted her 100pct. Had joint accounts and bank cards etc. Turned out she spent everything including access to his home country finances. He found out when his pension was stopped to pay debts via a court order. 

All ( particularly younger) Thai partners deep down have no respect for old ferang other than money. I hear and see it repeatedly but usually the old guy is oblivious or refuses to see it. 

No matter how long you have been together, tomorrow is a new day full of surprises. One of which is how you were taken in by that women who played the loving partner so well.

Give them everything and see where and when the relationship ends. It may take time to unravel, but it will.

Edited by twix38
Update

I will trust my Thai partner for as long I have reason not too.
3 years in I still have no reason not to so will not dwell on the opinions of those who have.
If someone has a bad experience of being with a Thai lady it’s inevitable they will be of this opinion. Same as I am of my ex UK wife who took me to the cleaners, but it would still be ridiculous of me to think that I couldn’t trust anyone from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Guy I know told me been with his wife over 25 years and trusted her 100pct. Had joint accounts and bank cards etc. Turned out she spent everything including access to his home country finances. He found out when his pension was stopped to pay debts via a court order. 

All ( particularly younger) Thai partners deep down have no respect for old ferang other than money. I hear and see it repeatedly but usually the old guy is oblivious or refuses to see it. 

No matter how long you have been together, tomorrow is a new day full of surprises. One of which is how you were taken in by that women who played the loving partner so well.

Give them everything and see where and when the relationship ends. It may take time to unravel, but it will.

OP, ignore this. Its rubbish. Clearly a bitter man. 

I have been married 20 years to my Thai wife.  We have a 20 year old daughter and a great life together.  Yes, I do trust her, otherwise I would not be with her.  trust in a relationship has nothing to do with culture or  ethnicity or nationality. its either there or its not and you know it. 

36 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Absolute rubbish....

I've been married four times.  Still married to the fourth wife.  All four of my wife's at some point in time ended up sleeping with someone else.  I divorced the first three but the sexual flings didn't have a lot to do with the divorces - it was simply a symptom of a larger problem - for example, my second wife returned from a tour of duty in Iraq - and along with the PTSD and numerous physical and mental issues, she also informed me that she was gay.  I didn't take it personal, I just let her go.  I sent my third wife of 14 years back to university.  She returned with a degree, and good job, and a fiancee.  I had to rebuild my life after that one - and that really hurt.
So, when number 4 told me she that she had another guy on the side, I told her to have fun.  I had not intention of divorcing her and rebuilding my life over again, and to be really honest, I'm so far past giving a da*m about what my wife and some other swinging d**k does for 15 or 20 minutes with their genitals.  Wham, bam, pop, and Bob's your uncle - and now what?   Love?  You gotta be joking.  My 50 something old wife with some fat farang tourist?  Pfftt!  Give me a break.  I told her to come back when the novelty wore off and make sure to use a condom.  It took about 1 month.  I'm done with all the drama revolving around sex.  I'm not breaking up this marriage over an hour or so of friction and rubbing.  If she wants to go bang some other guy, have at it.  Now that she is in her late 50s I'm not sure how many takers she's going to have.  But from my perspective, I don't care about the sex - like I said - use condoms, practice safe sex, come back when it gets boring.  Outside of that hour or so of rubbing and friction, we have a life to live when she is done with her boy toy.  For you guys who can't get over jealousy.  Sorry for you.  Sex is such a dumb thing to get hung up about.  Anyway, Thailand is one of the most promiscuous countries in the world - males and females.  If you're thinking otherwise, you're simply fooling yourself. 
"But my Thai wife is different!" :biggrin:
Ah-huh.  Sure.

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, twix38 said:

What took her 25 years? I just don't understand how someone has bank accounts and assets and doesn't ever check the balance? Either this person had very little or near nothing at all.. 

Most relationships everywhere unravel... and money is usually the leading cause.

3 hours ago, twix38 said:

I do hope you can get over your sense of mistrust. Not all Thai women are cheats.

3 hours ago, connda said:

I've been married four times.  Still married to the fourth wife.  All four of my wife's at some point in time ended up sleeping with someone else.  I divorced the first three but the sexual flings didn't have a lot to do with the divorces - it was simply a symptom of a larger problem - for example, my second wife returned from a tour of duty in Iraq - and along with the PTSD and numerous physical and mental issues, she also informed me that she was gay.  I didn't take it personal, I just let her go.  I sent my third wife of 14 years back to university.  She returned with a degree, and good job, and a fiancee.  I had to rebuild my life after that one - and that really hurt.
So, when number 4 told me she that she had another guy on the side, I told her to have fun.  I had not intention of divorcing her and rebuilding my life over again, and to be really honest, I'm so far past giving a da*m about what my wife and some other swinging d**k does for 15 or 20 minutes with their genitals.  Wham, bam, pop, and Bob's your uncle - and now what?   Love?  You gotta be joking.  My 50 something old wife with some fat farang tourist?  Pfftt!  Give me a break.  I told her to come back when the novelty wore off and make sure to use a condom.  It took about 1 month.  I'm done with all the drama revolving around sex.  I'm not breaking up this marriage over an hour or so of friction and rubbing.  If she wants to go bang some other guy, have at it.  Now that she is in her late 50s I'm not sure how many takers she's going to have.  But from my perspective, I don't care about the sex - like I said - use condoms, practice safe sex, come back when it gets boring.  Outside of that hour or so of rubbing and friction, we have a life to live when she is done with her boy toy.  For you guys who can't get over jealousy.  Sorry for you.  Sex is such a dumb thing to get hung up about.  Anyway, Thailand is one of the most promiscuous countries in the world - males and females.  If you're thinking otherwise, you're simply fooling yourself. 
"But my Thai wife is different!" :biggrin:
Ah-huh.  Sure.

Well, I had fun reading this. In a grand scheme of things I would even agree with everything, unfortunately we were born as humans and certain things do matter. 25 minutes of friction means betrayal. If you are into cucking then it doesn't matter.

You can't humanly rationalize it's 25 minutes of this and 15 minutes of that. Otherwise it would be it 2 minutes of murder and 5 minutes of beatings....no biggie.

Unless she's letting you watch, I'd dump her.

I trust my girlfriend as so far I have no reason not to. She comes from a very traditional family that value hard work and honesty. So much so her father has told us we’re not to live together until we’re married! Don’t know how we’re gonna work that one out once we relocate to Thailand lol

We spend nearly all our spare time together and we have no secrets from each other. 

Shes 15 years my junior so the age gap is not so much of a problem. 

I guess time will tell 

I trust my girlfriend as so far I have no reason not to. She comes from a very traditional family that value hard work and honesty. So much so her father has told us we’re not to live together until we’re married! Don’t know how we’re gonna work that one out once we relocate to Thailand lol

We spend nearly all our spare time together and we have no secrets from each other. 

I guess time will tell 

OP,  please why are you encouraging all of the perfect life / perfect wife Posters? I believe trust is overated, if you trust too much you set yourself up to be brought down at some stage. What i am reading on this thread is not what i hear in real life stories in Thailand.

While Thai men and women are (according to surveys whose credibility I cannot assess) more promiscuous than those of other countries around the world, as always this depends entirely on the individual. And even an individual may, under certain circumstances, act "out of character".

My Thai wife was a bit of a playgirl when she was younger, but never cheated on her first Thai husband or me. As far as I know. A Thai woman who is a good friend, never cheated on her American husband of 10 years, and even years after his untimely death cannot bring herself to have sex with another man - she just loved him too much.

Meanwhile, while Farang guys worry so much about their Thai g/fs and "wives" cheating, I see many Farang men with Thai g/fs and wives whoring around at prodigious levels.

If you love someone, trust them. If they break that trust, you will be forced to assess your ability to accept it. If you cannot accept it, move on. Life is cruel, relationships are difficult, and time is short.

Everyone is different.  The best advise I can give is just enjoy what you have at that time.. and if it goes wrong move on...  that's life.  If is works out enjoy it and realise how lucky you are.

We can never really trust someone 100 percent... because we are only human, and we all make mistakes in our lives, or things happen for seemingly no reason or by chance.

If you are in a relationship that you are worried you can't trust your partner and are thinking about the cheating on you... then you better end the relationship as its not working!  

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I guess time will tell 

Be realstic, 15 years is a big age gap, very rare in the Western world.

Set the cat amongst the pigeons lol

There is certainly a chance that out there, there are the exceptions that prove the rule of my one is different.

Fwiw, I have not had a bad personal experience at all. Quite the opposite.

I have though witnessed most relationships falling into the plight I described and every time bar none, it was the same story. I can trust my one .

Relationships have a shelf life and then you can trust the pay this, buy that, build house, new mobile, family need (more) money, etc will spur action on ANY opportunity to take it if it's not freely given and you have become dispensible. 

Rule is don't become dispensable and in most long term relationship the man has ensured he is financially still needed and holds the control. Otherwise the trust turns into irrelevance and lack of respect .

Edited by twix38

13 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Set the cat amongst the pigeons lol

There is certainly a chance that out there, there are the exceptions that prove the rule of my one is different.

Fwiw, I have not had a bad personal experience at all. Quite the opposite.

I have though witnessed most relationships falling into the plight I described and every time bar none, it was the same story. I can trust my one .

Relationships have a shelf life and then you can trust the pay this, buy that, build house, new mobile, family need (more) money, etc will spur action on ANY opportunity to take it if it's not freely given and you have become dispensible. 

Rule is don't become dispensable and in most long term relationship the man has ensured he is financially still needed and holds the control. Otherwise the trust turns into irrelevance and lack of respect .

It's not love. It's dependence on your money!

That is when you got a gf that does not work.. if you got a financial independent gf things are different. Then at least you know they are with you because they want to be with you.