Money out of a stone?

cooked

30 minutes ago, catman20 said:

im in a similar position how much money would one get with only 15 years contributions do you think ?

About £60/week.

You may be able to pay a few years voluntarily. If you've been working abroad, it's about £140/year. Each year gets you about £4/week.

Search online, a pain to pay, just took them 3 months to get back to my initial request, then 6 weeks to acknowledge receipt of my payment.

5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

10 years might get a few quid a year, for a full pension you need about 25 years of NI contributions.

HMRC website is best, Helpline is expensive but they are there to help.

For a full pension you need 35 years of contributions.

10 years will get around £44 a week.

On 11/6/2017 at 4:24 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

I'm a yank (US passport) and I paid UK NI contributions for 10 years and I've not lived in the UK for almost 20 years...do I qualify for a government pension?

Yes, probably. If you have your NI number go to UK Gov website and you can find out what you are due per week.

I'll expect a nice commision from you for this.

20 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

For a full pension you need 35 years of contributions.

10 years will get around £44 a week.

I did suggest the HMRC website was the best idea.

I guess you made the effort to look that up (or had checked before) which the OP has not done before asking the question.

It is the number of payments (and type) not the years, you can have a break and still qualify. You are also allowed to top up if you are short.

But 3 years is a joke.

As MOST have said, if born after April 1950 (or maybe 1951) you will be on the new State Pension. Need to be 65 years old (going up soon). You need 10 years of NI contributions or credits (these could be for a variety of reasons, usually childcare) and you can check online at Gov.uk  and also get a written quote. You can pay missing contributions for up to 6 years after they were due. If after all topup options, you still have less than 10 years, you get nothing. If more than 10 years, about 44 GBP minimum per week going up depending on qualifying years up to about 155 GBP a week. Note - if you were contracted out of higher NI payments by your employer, you will get less, maybe up to 25% less.

If older and qualified for the old State pension you will probably get less but depends on if you had State Second pension scheme or other options. Claiming is easy, took me 5-10 minutes on the phone if Inland revenue have your address. Just need NI number.

New state pension provides no married pension and no survivor pension for spouses.

On 11/8/2017 at 7:12 PM, rickudon said:

As MOST have said, if born after April 1950 (or maybe 1951) you will be on the new State Pension. Need to be 65 years old (going up soon). You need 10 years of NI contributions or credits (these could be for a variety of reasons, usually childcare) and you can check online at Gov.uk  and also get a written quote. You can pay missing contributions for up to 6 years after they were due. If after all topup options, you still have less than 10 years, you get nothing. If more than 10 years, about 44 GBP minimum per week going up depending on qualifying years up to about 155 GBP a week. Note - if you were contracted out of higher NI payments by your employer, you will get less, maybe up to 25% less.

If older and qualified for the old State pension you will probably get less but depends on if you had State Second pension scheme or other options. Claiming is easy, took me 5-10 minutes on the phone if Inland revenue have your address. Just need NI number.

New state pension provides no married pension and no survivor pension for spouses.

It is April 1951. I was born in December 1950 and am paid under the old system.

As for a married pension that actually stopped being paid to anybody receiving their state pension (at 65) after April 2010. So only people born before April 1945 were entitled to, and still receive, the married pension.

31 minutes ago, sumrit said:

It is April 1951. I was born in December 1950 and am paid under the old system.

As for a married pension that actually stopped being paid to anybody receiving their state pension (at 65) after April 2010. So only people born before April 1945 were entitled to, and still receive, the married pension.

Those of us born before April 1951 also lose out each year under the so called triple lock guarantee. For example, if we were entitled to a 3% rise this year, under the new pension rules people will get 3% of their guaranteed pension (approx £150) so would get about £4:50 pw, while those of us paid under the old rules,although still getting 3%, it only applies to our Guaranteed pension which is currently just over £119 (about £3:60). There is no increase on our Government SERPS (etc) payments that we paid into throughout our working lives as an addition to our NI contributions.

It might only be about £50 for this coming year but compounded with annual increases over the life of a pensioner (possibly 10-15 years) it could add up to a tidy sum.

Thanks guys. I did in fact get an answer to my email. Part of the response was:

"If you wish to claim a UK State Pension you must complete and return an IPCBR1 claim form.

You do not need your National Insurance number to make your claim, we can trace that for you.

Download and print claim form:

The IPCBR1 form can be downloaded. Click on the link below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-claiming-a-state-pension-if-you-retire-abroad

If you wish to claim a UK State Pension you must complete and return an IPCBR1 claim form.

You do not need your National Insurance number to make your claim, we can trace that for you."

I have filled this out and am looking around for someone to certify a photocopy of my birth certificate which I will have to send along with the form by post.

On the form it is mentioned that if the amount due to me is very small, it may be transferred once a year. The fact that I have not claimed it since the age of 65 may possibly result in my receiving a lump sum + interest.

It's complicated. Anyway I paid for it and even if I only get say Baht 10 000 once a year it will be welcome.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, cooked said:

In case anyone is still interested, I got an answer today.

I will receive £ 22.86 per week, payable back to 18 February 2018, payable every 13 weeks. ฿10 000. 

This will come in handy. 

Well done my man its your money its just a pity you did not claim earlier

No point in crying over spilt milk I know so just enjoy it

• 7 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, oldlakey said:

Well done my man its your money its just a pity you did not claim earlier

No point in crying over spilt milk I know so just enjoy it

Actually I only ran out of my savings about a year ago, didn't really feel the need for more income.

Because I didn't apply until I was 70, they have now written to me telling me I can get the sum of £5865.91 in addition to my pension, or get 50% more pension paid regularly. Obviously I went for the latter so will be getting around ฿18 000 every three months. 

1 hour ago, cooked said:

Actually I only ran out of my savings about a year ago, didn't really feel the need for more income.

Because I didn't apply until I was 70, they have now written to me telling me I can get the sum of £5865.91 in addition to my pension, or get 50% more pension paid regularly. Obviously I went for the latter so will be getting around ฿18 000 every three months. 

But it will be frozen,unless you give address in UK/ EU

Archived