hotels/guest houses for around 250 b / day

Raddi

I really don't think you can get a room to yourself for that daily rate. Decent longer term apartment rentals are available from about 4K Baht per month. Try Soi Potisan or Soi 14, both off Naklua Road.

I am sure others on here can suggest other areas in town. Expect a few sarcastic comments too.

Good hunting.

12 hours ago, champers said:

I really don't think you can get a room to yourself for that daily rate. Decent longer term apartment rentals are available from about 4K Baht per month. Try Soi Potisan or Soi 14, both off Naklua Road.

I am sure others on here can suggest other areas in town. Expect a few sarcastic comments too.

Good hunting.

I have seen rooms for that price off Soi Buakow (opp Soi Honey).

There's one in Soi Arunotai for 180 Bt. a day but very basic, no TV.

Theres one on soi Buk opposite the LK metro entrance and one round the corner on soi Chiayapoon left hand side up towards 3rd road junction,180 baht/night...............best of luck :whistling:

Edited by petermik

And I thought my mate was a tight bu**er when he goes to Pattaya and moans about 500bht a night!

He has palpitations if they say 600bht, and swoons at 700bht a night.

I'll tell him about the g/house on soi Chiayapoon, he'll be as happy as a pig in s**t about that!

Try this place - From 199 Baht a night.

FUN DEE HOSTEL Pattaya @ Prathumnak Soi 7
- Only 199 Baht per night/person
- NOW OPEN!
- 1 to 6 persons per room
- separate female rooms, male rooms, family room, mixed room 
- key card locked
- FREE WIFI
- Private bathroom, Air con rooms, personal locker
- Only 2 minutes walk from main road (Thappraya Road)
- Clean, secure, convenient, affordable
- Breakfast available
CHECK-IN from 14:00 - 22:00 h
Mobile: 087-5506300 (Miss Kay)
email: [email protected]

Op asked for a private room. Either take the one in Soi Chayapoon @180/day or just stick with an apartment and pay monthly... plenty for about 4-4,500 around Buakhao and Bongkoch. If you don't mind the area, the apartments around Sunee Plaza are 2,500/month so should be no more than 250 if paying daily rate.

16 hours ago, som69 said:

ps guesthouse soi 13/1 near beach road

This is a Landmark Guest House. Half of the Beach Road Ladies bring their ST customers there. Just sitting at Starbucks, watching the Ladies drag their customers to this classy place is something to see.
Next to it, there  is a Thai massage joint, where I often used to go. There, the boss-lady told me that frequent visitors to said guest house bring along a newspaper.

In astonishement I asked: "Why would a Farang go to a ST Guest House with a Lady to read his newspaper"? Answer: "They sread out the newspaper all over the matress".

So, if OP is not only looking for a cheap room but also caters to "adventure-tourism", then THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO.
Cheers.

8 hours ago, LoZth said:

And I thought my mate was a tight bu**er when he goes to Pattaya and moans about 500bht a night!

He has palpitations if they say 600bht, and swoons at 700bht a night.

I'll tell him about the g/house on soi Chiayapoon, he'll be as happy as a pig in s**t about that!

what? there're already 2 of us?

23 hours ago, swissie said:

This is a Landmark Guest House. Half of the Beach Road Ladies bring their ST customers there. Just sitting at Starbucks, watching the Ladies drag their customers to this classy place is something to see.
Next to it, there  is a Thai massage joint, where I often used to go. There, the boss-lady told me that frequent visitors to said guest house bring along a newspaper.

In astonishement I asked: "Why would a Farang go to a ST Guest House with a Lady to read his newspaper"? Answer: "They sread out the newspaper all over the matress".

So, if OP is not only looking for a cheap room but also caters to "adventure-tourism", then THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO.
Cheers.

on a good day, walking along the south side footpath of soi 13/1 along Hopf Brew house you can hear and might catch a glimpse of newspaper being vigorously read out through the bilowing curtain above and this is during the day... I wouldn't dare imagine what goes on at night

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

on a good day, walking along the south side footpath of soi 13/1 along Hopf Brew house you can hear and might catch a glimpse of newspaper being vigorously read out through the bilowing curtain above and this is during the day... I wouldn't dare imagine what goes on at night

Also st rooms if you walk up right hand side of the 7/family, next to subway on beach road