Man faces animal cruelty charges for beating two dogs unconscious

webfact

Man faces animal cruelty charges for beating two dogs unconscious

By The Nation

0d5d6c004d5f02965a67dcd7f605be6e-sld.jpe

A community head in Nontaburi’s Bang Bua Thong district has been charged with animal cruelty for repeatedly beating two dogs until they fell unconscious, with one appearing to have been killed.

Jinda Kanchan, 46, was hit with the charge after he turned himself in to Bang Bua Thong Police Station at 11pm on Tuesday night.

He surrendered after CCTV footage from the front of Ban Ua-Arthon Bang Bua Thong 2 housing estate was posted on Facebook, prompting users to strongly condemn the act.

In the distressing clip posted by “Ae”, 37, Jinda hit the first dog seven times with a wooden stick and then turned on the second dog, which ran to the scene, and beat it until it fell unconscious.

Jinda was then seen putting the two dogs onto his motorcycle and repeatedly beating them again. He then drove the motorcycle away.

Ae said in his post that he had learned that the man had dumped the two dogs in a canal about two kilometres away.

He added that the incident happened at 10.30pm on Monday night.

Ae said he had posted the clip so Facebook users would help demand justice for the two dogs, adding that he had never seen the dogs bite anyone at the housing estate.

Jinda admitted to police that he had beaten the two animals while angry because he had been bitten by stray dogs in the neighbourhood.

He also claimed stray dogs in the area caused a lot of trouble for residents of the community.

Piraboon Charoenwai 49, chairman of animal-protection society The Hope Thailand, rescued one of the dogs and sent it to Samut Sakhon Animal Hospital.

Pirabboon said the dog was called “Suay” and about eight years old. He added that his team could not find the other dog.

Police said Jinda had been freed on bail because he had surrendered and police would pass the case on to public prosecutors to schedule an arraignment.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331121

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-07

18 minutes ago, punchjudy said:

They should let this super-hero loose all over the country

You must be a very heartless and callous person. I don't know whether I feel more sorry for the animals or for you who must obviously have a pathetic life.:bah:

This sort of action is now being seen in our Isaan village where the 'soi dogs' are out of control. I have installed a low lying "Cattle Styled" electric fence around the front of our property in an effort to keep the mangy pricks out, only powered up late at night. Works a treat and they give the place a wide berth now while, as mentioned, other residence are resorting to the actions described in the news item!

Was never a problem when we had the Sakhon Nakon dog catchers patrolling our location.

Fence 50.jpg

4 minutes ago, midas said:

You must be a very heartless and callous person. I don't know whether I feel more sorry for the animals or for you who must obviously have a pathetic life.:bah:

Good luck to you protecting yourself or worse your children from these disease ridden vermin! The social engineers, hand wringers and the likes of yourself don't do any thing constructive in the way of control other than just offer tearful crap.

11 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Good luck to you protecting yourself or worse your children from these disease ridden vermin! The social engineers, hand wringers and the likes of yourself don't do any thing constructive in the way of control other than just offer tearful crap.

Who on earth are you to judge that they are " vermin" ? In fact in the grand scheme of things they have more right to be here then you and at the very least they don't deserve to be exterminated just because you feel like it?

Or perhaps   though you are living in Thailand  even the the most basic principles of Buddhism which is all around you goes straight over your head. In which case I often wonder what people like you with your mindset are doing living in this country? 

Edited by midas

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The video of this incident has been shown on Thai television.

I am not a dog lover (and I am also not easily shocked, being well used to violence), but it is truly sickening to see this man clubbing the dogs and dragging them away.

In joking:- Strange comment coming from someone with the description of being a "Pheasent Plucker" :smile:

I'm pretty sure some of these 'Social Engineers' don't know or are aware how the last piece of pork they eat, here in Thailand, met it's demise!

2 hours ago, bdenner said:

This sort of action is now being seen in our Isaan village where the 'soi dogs' are out of control. I have installed a low lying "Cattle Styled" electric fence around the front of our property in an effort to keep the mangy pricks out, only powered up late at night. Works a treat and they give the place a wide berth now while, as mentioned, other residence are resorting to the actions described in the news item!

Was never a problem when we had the Sakhon Nakon dog catchers patrolling our location.

It's no wonder you have had problems with dogs, with a flock of concrete sheep on your lawn. Nice electric fence though. 240 volts?':thumbsup:

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

The video of this incident has been shown on Thai television.

I am not a dog lover (and I am also not easily shocked, being well used to violence), but it is truly sickening to see this man clubbing the dogs and dragging them away.

Have you seen the way Thais kill animals in abattoirs here, or what pass for them? In villages they just knife screaming pigs to death. I don't know why soi dogs are treated like a protected species here, well actually I do but cannot say so on here. Quite right though, he should not have beaten them, poison would have been far better all round. This sort of thing will happen more and more as the millions of soi dogs increase and while the authorities do nothing about it. 

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

do something constructive and support organizations like soidog who are actively sterilizing dog populations and pushing for it to happen more and more countywide. 

You see some of us aren't 'social engineers' and 'hand wringers' but support real world solutions to problems. It is called logic and not emotional babyish outbusts that say childish rubbish about 'tearful crap' 

"The FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appear in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals as a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders."

Goleman, Daniel (7 August 1991). "Child's Love of Cruelty May Hint at the Future Killer". New York Times.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

What to say ?

Killing a living being in such a manner is cruelty, no arguing about that.  

On the other hand, innocent bystanders are fed by being bitten or pestered by stray dogs - some with rabies or disease.

The authorities are busy elsewhere (perhaps establishing new hassles for cigarettes on the beach or Non-O farang visas!!)

A civilised method could in a highly active nationwide campaign to sterilise the dogs,

Edited by observer90210

26 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

do something constructive and support organizations like soidog who are actively sterilizing dog populations and pushing for it to happen more and more countywide. 

Pointless sterilizing a few hundred while thousands are being born, like bailing out a sinking boat with a cup. The boat will still sink and this country is sinking under millions of soi dogs. Unless it's done countrywide in every amphur and district it's almost a total waste of time, money and effort as the effect is minimal. Doable on small Islands only.

Edited by Orton Rd

26 minutes ago, nausea said:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

No moral progress in Thailand then, or anywhere where millions of animals are killed to eat. All this soppy nonsense about a couple of scabby dogs by people who actually eat animals is, as usual, rather odd.

I rest my case to the both of you AND how the hell do you compare this with beating children! If one of these things comes anywhere near attacking me or worse someone I love it's all over. AND  I have seen it! Have you?

I didn't make a comparison, I said both were abhorrent. If you weren't in such a rush to establish your credentials as an "internet hard man" you might have realised that.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

animals are killed in very distressing ways all over the world,  and although it is cruel to see those dogs clubbed ... they are vermin and carry desease and bite the elderly & kids.

This type of dislike by viewers is only bought on by social media .....  

If you seen what they do to cattle in Saudi you would be horrified ....  It's only what the folks see that alarm them.

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

It's no wonder you have had problems with dogs, with a flock of concrete sheep on your lawn. Nice electric fence though. 240 volts?':thumbsup:

NO, definitely not, it's electronic as used in the live stock industry.

16 hours ago, bdenner said:

I rest my case to the both of you AND how the hell do you compare this with beating children! If one of these things comes anywhere near attacking me or worse someone I love it's all over. AND  I have seen it! Have you?

If they come close to attacking you take action.. not like this guy did when nothing was happening. This is like shooting white guys because some of them are pedo's (meaning not attacking the actual offender but just picking someone of at random without proof of guilt just because he fits the profile)  (i am white too before ppl start to complain)

18 hours ago, bdenner said:

It is so easy to generalize , no ? All dogs are sick and need to die ?

The only one who seems to be seriously sick is you ! Go see a doctor , it's urgent .

People of your kind will suffer , because too much hate will make you sick in the end ... learn a little about buddhism , this is not your country , you don't make the rules here ...

Luckily torturing and killing dogs is illegal and offenders will face punishment , very good law .

If I saw somebody torturing an animal , I would report this person instantly to police , or go and beat him up myself ...

14 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

If this country sits by and allows these stray dogs to multiply.. residents will have to take matters in their own hands.. wake up Thailand control these  animals.

Best sensible post today.

Problem starts with people ...buy a puppy, ooh na rak, grows up cannny be arsed, chuck it out on the street to create mayhem. Im so sick of stray dogs barking, fighting, running out in  front of my motorcycle (knocked off twice, ouch), and once biting my wife ...off to hospital for the injection and 2k later. Dont be too quick to judge this man as the authorites do sod all in my town to alleviate this problem ...when no one gives a hoot them some take the solution into their own hands, just like the guy in the story.

while what happened is simply wrong the authorities do need to start culling the dogs and cats that run wild in the streets. The amount of times I have had them come at me or my wife and daughter is beyond a joke and I have no hesitation of using a baton on them when they do, they dont do it again after that. I have had dogs all my life, always trained them and walked them on leeds in the street, here they are not trained at all, the way thais simply let them roam in groups and become aggressive is simply wrong and due entirely to laziness and lack of respect to other people. In western countries stray dogs/cats are rounded up, aggressive dogs are put down, that is what is needed here. People need to be able to walk in the streets without having to watch out for aggressive dogs that attack them, thai owners need to be held responsible and made to pay high fines for letting their dogs on the streets uncontrolled. Soi dogs have to be cleaned up, charging registration fees for dog owners would make many think twice before getting one and would also pay for the catching of the soi dogs as well, at least them they would be put down humanely