Thai Embassy warns about tourist scams in Turkey

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It took the Thai only 25 years to find out that they weren't the only ones scamming...

I already saw a Dutch program about these Turkish scams in 1990. Why visit a muslim country? If I am in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany or France, I seem to be in a muslim, arabic or African country... Only the weather is different.

kuifje.png

kuifje.jpg

Edited by PAIBKK

Scammers are everywhere (maybe except A+++ western countries where rule of law is strictly executed)

Unfortunately, if you are from a grade A+++ western country, where government does all the thinking and protection for its citizens, one can be fooled into these scams.

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

it is written in the koran...betray the unbelievers the infidels.

wbr

roobaa01

"God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from dealing kindly and justly with them.  Indeed, God loves those who act justly.  God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion – (forbids) that you make allies of them.  And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers." (Quran 60:8-9)

7 hours ago, davehowden said:

Looks like some Turks have been on a training course in Thailand !

Perhaps you'v never visited Turkey and have no idea. 

I've been there several times. Crook Turks are very talented. 

Thai are far from what Turks are. Police  are very much useless in Turkey. Do you think they bother to look video recorded by camera to find own kind ?

???

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

My nephew and his mates gone in to a bar in Pat Pong the other week,

had one drink each, got a huge bill of several thousands baht, when

refused to pay they got beat up and forced to pay,

I'll take a Turkish scammer anytime over being beat up.....

'nuff said...

At least they don't get ladyboy stillettos embedded in their skulls...

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

My nephew and his mates gone in to a bar in Pat Pong the other week,

had one drink each, got a huge bill of several thousands baht, when

refused to pay they got beat up and forced to pay,

I'll take a Turkish scammer anytime over being beat up.....

'nuff said...

There's the same sort of scams in Turkey as well, with the same results. Most don't feature ladyboys, but still.

Don't know that taking beating from Turks is better than the one offered by Thais.

This thread has legs - yesterday i paid 200 baht to go 1/2 km in a tuk tuk to a bar that then padded my drink bill by 1000baht I then got a jetski for an hour that the owner said I broke setting me back another 5000 baht so I hired a motorbike to get back to my room as assumed it would be cheaper than tuk tuks today I took it back again they said it was broken setting me back another 5000 - but thought I would have some fun last night ended up with a ladyboy that robbed my room of 5000 then the hotel charged be a joiner fee of 5000 - on the way back taking the motorbike back stopped by the cops 300 no helmet and 500 no international license - met a nice girl though and decided we should open a business but gave her the money and she disappeared :( (tongue in cheek but you get the idea)

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app