"I'm not a hero - save that for the doctors and nurses" says tired rocker Toon Bodyslam

webfact

"I'm not a hero - save that for the doctors and nurses" says tired rocker Toon Bodyslam

3pm.jpg

Picture: INN

The roadshow that is Thai rock star Toon Bodyslam's marathon charity run along the length of Thailand reached a school in Nakorn Sri Thammarat yesterday.

Toon - born Artiwara Kongmalai - was greeted with ecstatic applause as he visited Wat Pakrawa school in the southern Thai province.

INN news said he appeared tired as he thanked people for their donations to his charity appeal for 11 hospitals nationwide. He apologized for not being able to take the money in person, sign everyone's guitar or have a selfie with all in the big crowd.

Speaking though a megaphone he said: "I am not a hero - the doctors and nurses and other staff at hospitals all over the country are the true heroes".

He described himself as a bridge.

Toon handed out 10,000 baht bursaries to two P6 pupils saying that he recalled when he was a kid that a talented person in his class had to give up school due to lack of funds.

He also gave a check for 50,000 baht to the school.

Toon and his entourage are doing a 2,191 kilometer run that started in Betong on the Malaysian border and will end in Mai Sai, Chiang Rai that is located on the border with Burma. 

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-10

Hope Thai learn an important lesson: to build a fair country that can make you proud you need to chip in yourself. Don't wait for the government to do anything but start making a difference yourself.

In the far future you might get the right to vote back and that is when you need to stand up for what is good.