Land In Kids Name

a question for a freind who is too lazy to register here, he has 2 boys aged 11 and 13 and wants to buy some land in kids name, he is English , kids are luk kruengs, both with Thai passports, kids live with him alone, he is not married and barely on speaking terms with the kids mother, so basically the question is can he buy land in the kids name without the kids mother or does he require her to sign papers at land office etc?

Cheers BB

a question for a freind who is too lazy to register here, he has 2 boys aged 11 and 13 and wants to buy some land in kids name, he is English , kids are luk kruengs, both with Thai passports, kids live with him alone, he is not married and barely on speaking terms with the kids mother, so basically the question is can he buy land in the kids name without the kids mother or does he require her to sign papers at land office etc?

Cheers BB

When I bought the Pattaya house in my daughter's name, the land office wanted to see the original divorce as well as the divorce settlement giving me full custody of her, signed and stamped by the Amphur.

I don't think your friend can sign for the boys without some sort of custody document from the Thai government.

Get an attorney to be sure or talk directly with the land office.