Error 502 Bad gateway

tonray

I've been getting it off and on for the past few weeks.  I just try again and it usually loads Okay.  It's always in the morning or afternoon, never at night because my computer is usually off by 1800.

Happened again to me last night at around 9:25pm.  Didn't get a gateway error message....it's just ThaiVisa stops responding.  Around 9:30pm it was back.   All other websites I visit continued to operate normally while the ThaiVisa website took a nap.

It's been ongoing for months but nobody in charge seems to be in the slightest bit interested.

After all it is only the people who past or want to read stuff that will be affected, so why should they care?

It is not as though we are PAYING to read the threads so there is no money in it for them.

Every night at 9:20 the forum just doesn't open.

And as Billd says, no one is even slightly bothered lately.

I guess the influx of tr visitors & short stayers give the impression to management that the "numbers are good" so why should they apply themselves.

Customer - coz that's what we is, satisfaction is not a priority.

15 minutes ago, faraday said:

Annoying and frustrating most definitely - but, since, as billd766 has stated, we don't pay anything to access and use Thaivisa, what choice do we have other than to grin and bear it (as an alternative to giving the site the cold shoulder)?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Annoying and frustrating most definitely - but, since, as billd766 has stated, we don't pay anything to access and use Thaivisa, what choice do we have other than to grin and bear it (as an alternative to giving the site the cold shoulder)?

This why I can never be bothered with apathy...

:laugh:

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

You contribute to the sites content why would you pay. There will always be someone to fill hole should it all fail. 

• 4 weeks later...

Me too with these 404 and CloudFlare messages.

This afternoon was a bit different.  Like Pib mentioned, click TV icon and nothing happens.  Small popup dialog box said "contacting www.ggdg.....", something like that.  No problems with any other sites.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, faraday said:

Every night at 9:20 the forum just doesn't open.

And as Billd says, no one is even slightly bothered lately.

I guess the influx of tr visitors & short stayers give the impression to management that the "numbers are good" so why should they apply themselves.

Yes they still haven't figured that their forum dies off at 9.20pm, then for the Europeans that log in night time after work, they get the same at around 1.30am I think it is, so they leave also then.

14 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes they still haven't figured that their forum dies off at 9.20pm, then for the Europeans that log in night time after work, they get the same at around 1.30am I think it is, so they leave also then.

Nowadays in the evenings I generally log on earlier and open other sites by 9.17pm and come back about 9.35pm. There have been a couple of times lately though when I have been typing a reply, been caught out by the time and coming back later to find a double post.

Perhaps I am being foolish in thinking that as this is a a Thai Visa website and the majority of posters live in Thailand that common sense would prevail and that they would do what they do at perhaps 1am Thai time. 

To much common sense in that and not properly thought out by the owners who after months of complaints still don't care.

I don't care that much either because as I said I generally work around it but TVF is the only site that I use that actually does this. I wonder why?

I'm wondering if ThaiVisa, or their provider, have a SQL Backup scheduled at around this time every evening, and have it set to prevent modifications while it's running to prevent sync/time corruptions.

If so, they need to schedule it for a later time.

55 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I'm wondering if ThaiVisa, or their provider, have a SQL Backup scheduled at around this time every evening, and have it set to prevent modifications while it's running to prevent sync/time corruptions.

They know...they don't care

8 hours ago, RichCor said:

And if they need a new clock, or indeed a watch, we know who has a few.....:laugh:

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nowadays in the evenings I generally log on earlier and open other sites by 9.17pm and come back about 9.35pm. There have been a couple of times lately though when I have been typing a reply, been caught out by the time and coming back later to find a double post.

Perhaps I am being foolish in thinking that as this is a a Thai Visa website and the majority of posters live in Thailand that common sense would prevail and that they would do what they do at perhaps 1am Thai time. 

To much common sense in that and not properly thought out by the owners who after months of complaints still don't care.

I don't care that much either because as I said I generally work around it but TVF is the only site that I use that actually does this. I wonder why?

About 70% of traffic is in Thailand according to this site:

https://www.similarweb.com/website/thaivisa.com

14 hours ago, RichCor said:

Appreciate your efforts at offering possible causes / solutions..

Unfortunately, absolutely no one of the tech folks at TVF seems to be paying the slightest attention.

I've probably gotten more 502 errors the past two months than I've ever seen in 10+ years of being around TVF...

If there's a tech doctor in the house, I think he needs to be sent for malpractice proceedings.

Archived