Error 502 Bad gateway

tonray

I happened to me, too, at the same time, but it may have been a 505 error. I understand that some maintenance work being done every evening around 9pm Thai time is the reason. Knowing this, every time I get this type of error I stay clear of the forum for half an hour or so.

Been away on business so not checked or been affected recently

but yes normally this a  regular 9./9.30 pm in Thailand thing,   quite simple dont use TV around this time, although why they cannot do their backup repairs etc in the middle of the night baffles me

Sometimes I get this error and it blocks access to ThaiVisa for 15-20 minutes.

Other times I'll attempt to simultaneously open multiple pages and get the error message, but can instantly refresh and get the site. In these last cases, the issue shouldn't be happening at all, and I think there's a major issue with CloudFlares network and caching system.  The error is happening way too many times, way too often.

FYI, one of my previous messages started off as an Cloudflare to ThaiVisa 525 SSL handshake error, then refreshed into the now standard 502 bad gateway error. There's certainly an ongoing issue.

Hopefully ThaiVisa's got a ticket open with CloudFlare and they're actively monitoring and troubleshooting it, as this is the type of issue that's not going to go away on its own.  

It was not super fast, but OK for a few weeks, but now sorry to say it's just PANTS.

502 yes, hanging whenever I post something yes, exceedingly boring looking at a blank screen and waiting, waiting, waiting for something to happen, then having to refresh and start again, yes yes yes yes.

What I wonder is- if it used to work really really well with never any problems in the past before all these "upgrades", are the "upgrades" the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, metisdead said:

I've noticed the 502 error for quite some time now, usually starts at 9:20PM and is done soon after 9:30PM.

I don't get the 502 error often but there have been several nights over the last few weeks during the time frame you mention above to where I can not reach ThaiVisa/submit a post I've written..  And it's most annoying if you are writing a post when this occurs because you hit the submit/save button it can't complete the action.  

I agree, this 502 error is pretty annoying.  Sometimes when I notice this 502 error is in progress, while the wheel is spinning, if I have a post waiting for submission, I'll highlight the post and click on copy.  Then if the post disappears, and when the 502 error is over, I'll open a new post and paste the saved content and submit.  

Tonight, the 502 error was over at 9:33 according to clock on my laptop. 

I'm at least glad to hear others are experiencing the approx 9:30pm problem where you don't get a gateway error message, but ThaiVisa just stops being accessible for 15 minutes or so.   All other websites continue to work fine but ThaiVisa is just not accessible.

And as aleady mentioned it really annoying when you are online with ThaiVisa writing a post, click submit and it don't submit/save.   You think everything is fine as you are typing in the post, making changes, adding words, deleting words, etc., but when  you hit submit you just get the little spinning wheel for a few minutes, does not submit/save, etc.  And if you then close ThaiVisa and try to re-access it you can not for maybe 10-20 minutes.  

A person would think ThaiVisa Tech Support would have resolved this problem by now....it's been going on for at least weeks.

** Just as I went to post this, received an Error 525 from CloudFlare (way outside of the 9:30p windows).

Looking over the help files at CloudFlare, wondering if website settings such as rate limiting might be the issue?

5xx Web Server Errors

Recommendations 

If your server origin is online, but connections from Cloudflare are being blocked, the following will help:

1. Make sure that Cloudflare IPs are not being blocked in .htaccess, iptables, or any firewalls at your origin.
  2. Make sure your hosting provider isn't rate limiting or blocking IP requests from Cloudflare IPs and ask them to whitelist Cloudflare's IP ranges.
  3. If they are being used, make sure that the most recent versions of Bad Behavior or mod_security are installed. Ensure that mod_security's core rules aren't blocking Cloudflare requests.
  4. If custom Apache modules are installed and loaded, such as mod_antiloris and mod_reqtimeout, disable and unload the modules. These modules will block any time an IP connects more than 22 times. Since all connections are now coming from Cloudflare IP addresses, the connection limit causing the error page will be reached. As soon as the module is unloaded, the issue will disappear.

Archived