BK sky bars - wheres the best

Blackandwhite

i agree that lebua should be avoided.  i think octave is the best.  you've got the 360 degree view from the top floor.  and if that is a bit crowded, you can go one floor down and sit at a table for the 180 degree view.  as i recall, a beer was 400thb at lebua and 200thb at octave (maybe 225thb).  don't try to taxi there during rush hour.  definitely take BTS. 

46 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Overpriced and not worth it.  I mean, the only view is a bunch of buildings made of concrete.  Who cares?

Have to agree.  Overpriced for a view of a city with some lights.  

My wife and I stayed overnight at Labua a few years ago and a complete dump of a hotel and, fortunately, we didn't venture to the even more overpriced sky bar.  Never been back.

I'd rather spend my money on decent food, drink and surroundings.

56 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I did a sky bar last year.  Overpriced and not worth it.  I mean, the only view is a bunch of buildings made of concrete.  Who cares?

You're better off sitting at a plastic table eating street food.  More fun. ?

Overpriced if you can't afford it but you pay for the ambiance and view. I thought it was worth it '

The Hangover movie part #2  (3?)was filmed here

3 hours ago, prism said:

Vertigo. 61st floor, amazing 360 degree views and you pay for it. 

I think Vertigo and the one in the State Tower are both good but different.  The former is good to watch the sunset and see the city light up but the latter looks better after sunset.  But there's plenty of others to choose from too. 

As previously stated, Lebua/Sky Bar is seriously overpriced and overcrowded.

Hilton Millennium is nice mainly because of its 'closeness' to the River.  The Moon Bar (adjoining Vertigo) has great views but tends to get very crowded.

CLOUD 47 on Silom Rd (opp Hospital) is very good. It's very spacious on the rooftop and for that reason doesn't appear overly crowded.

The Sofitel Hotel on Sukhumvit Rd (between soi's 13 and 15) is smallish but excellent views of the city. Get there at 5pm and try and avoid sitting on the western side as it can get pretty hot just before sunset. They had a good deal on wine.. buy one, get the NEXT one free (in the same glass).

Check out the YouTube video:  "BANGKOK ROOFTOP AND RIVERSIDE BARS"...  it has pics and directions. 

56 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

As previously stated, Lebua/Sky Bar is seriously overpriced and overcrowded.

Hilton Millennium is nice mainly because of its 'closeness' to the River.  The Moon Bar (adjoining Vertigo) has great views but tends to get very crowded.

CLOUD 47 on Silom Rd (opp Hospital) is very good. It's very spacious on the rooftop and for that reason doesn't appear overly crowded.

The Sofitel Hotel on Sukhumvit Rd (between soi's 13 and 15) is smallish but excellent views of the city. Get there at 5pm and try and avoid sitting on the western side as it can get pretty hot just before sunset. They had a good deal on wine.. buy one, get the NEXT one free (in the same glass).

Check out the YouTube video:  "BANGKOK ROOFTOP AND RIVERSIDE BARS"...  it has pics and directions. 

Thanks for the tip Bangkok19, I haven't CLOUD 47 yet and it's very close to my flat. Will give it a whirl. 

13 hours ago, seancbk said:

Why do you rate that one as the best?    It has a tiny, overcrowded bar making it probably the worst of the lot.

i think its one of the more smarter upmarket and impressive rooftop bars, the views are the better than most, there are several outside bar/restaurant areas there to choose from  also a nice indoor bar  if its too crowded over looking everything should you choose to look out of the glass doors. generally a good vibe. out of interest which one would be your favorite ?

Edited by catman20

15 hours ago, seancbk said:

Why do you rate that one as the best?    It has a tiny, overcrowded bar making it probably the worst of the lot.

Someone mentioned Vertigo which is worse.

Anyhow... Lebua is ok hotel, but the area around is filthy. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere....like hilton where I got diamond and can enjoy view and free booze one floor under the rooftop.

10 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

What's so crap about the area?

As theguyfromanotherforum so succinctly puts it, the area is filthy, for which I am in full agreement, hence my post.

We are not fans of the Lebua hotel either as the room was very expensive, which isn't a problem in itself, but the room was very dated with the dreaded breakfast buffet and therefore not worth the money.  Sofitel has a far superior product to Lebua with Club Millesime access and a superior breakfast in quiet surroundings for the same price.

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Anyhow... Lebua is ok hotel, but the area around is filthy. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere....like hilton where I got diamond and can enjoy view and free booze one floor under the rooftop.

22 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I did a sky bar last year.  Overpriced and not worth it.  I mean, the only view is a bunch of buildings made of concrete.  Who cares?

So, based upon your experience with "a" sky bar you condemn them all??

22 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

That's your opinion mate.   He simply asked for information about sky bars in BKK.