When exactly will Britain leave the EU? UK parliament debates

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it would be a wider margin than 60/40 to leave now.  Perhaps more like 70/30.

The EU ministers have shown their true colours since June 2016, with threatening tactics, outrageous demands (e.g.€100bn divorce bill), plus the recent announcements from Juncker suggesting he wants an EU armed forces in place asap (something that was always denied by the Remain side).

I'd be happy to have another referendum, because I know the result would be a much more resounding vote leave. The trouble is this just wastes more time and tax payers money.  

The UK should better hold a referendum on the abolition of all taxes. There is certainly a large majority of the population to be expected. That the whole is not based on a plan, it certainly does not hurt as you can see in the perfect execution of the brexit.

Edited by tomacht8

Based on what ? You really need to keep up! Article 50 enacted ! Either a trade deal or No deal by March 31st 2019. Leaving whatever scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Article 50 can be retracted. The EU have already made this clear.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The most likely outcome is not to leave? I'm afraid that's wishful thinking on your part my friend.

The way the negotiations has been stagnated for ages indicates that there is no real will to leave. 

If the Brexit is cancelled, there is going to be a bit of mess reversing everything back to normal. Unless of course there is 3rd party to be blamed, which has already happened. 

I just hope there will be final decision soon. Either way.

It’s not up to the E.U.  The decision rests with the British people. Who decided in 2016 to leave this so called union.

As I'm sure you know, the referendum was just advisory. Of course it won't be up to the EU if we decide to remain; it will be up to parliament. My point was that the EU will let us stay, should that be the will of parliament.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

The way the negotiations has been stagnated for ages indicates that there is no real will to leave. 

If the Brexit is cancelled, there is going to be a bit of mess reversing everything back to normal. Unless of course there is 3rd party to be blamed, which has already happened. 

I just hope there will be final decision soon. Either way.

I'll correct you.  The way the negotiations have been stagnated for ages indicates the EU have outrageous demands for €60-100bn, with no explanation as to how this is calculated.

The British people will not be held to ransom.

And I have some bad news for you.  I hear the UK and EU are now quite close to agreement on the 3 key points now.

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

As I'm sure you know, the referendum was just advisory. Of course it won't be up to the EU if we decide to remain; it will be up to parliament. My point was that the EU will let us stay, should that be the will of parliament.

The Referendum has been held and the UK voted to leave Europe, Parliament doesnt decide, its already been decided and its not the will of the Parliament as to whether the UK stays or leaves, it has already been decided

24 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'll correct you.  The way the negotiations have been stagnated for ages indicates the EU have outrageous demands for €60-100bn, with no explanation as to how this is calculated.

The British people will not be held to ransom.

And I have some bad news for you.  I hear the UK and EU are now quite close to agreement on the 3 key points now.

Does what you say mean that the explanations has not been reached the Russians? I'm pretty sure that all figures are out there to be seen by the both European and UK people, who are actively engaging with the negotiations. I'm so sorry you feel left out of the negotiations. 

No, I'm actually not sorry at all, as you do not have any reason to be involved with European politics.

Begone back to Siberia. 

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

Does what you say mean that the explanations has not been reached the Russians? I'm pretty sure that all figures are out there to be seen by the both European and UK people, who are actively engaging with the negotiations. I'm so sorry you feel left out of the negotiations. 

No, I'm actually not sorry at all, as you do not have any reason to be involved with European politics.

Begone back to Siberia. 

Ah, so we're back to the 'either agree with me, or you must be Russian' garbage. Have a nice evening!

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just advisory from a constitutional viewpoint. But: “This is your decision; the Government will implement what you decide.”

Hard remainers really are flogging a dead horse on this.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ah, so we're back to the 'either agree with me, or you must be Russian' garbage. Have a nice evening!

The globalists see this nonsense as a real weapon to overturn democratic decisions they don't like. And their useful idiots are sold it it very easily, as can be seen in these discussions.

Just advisory from a constitutional viewpoint. But: “This is your decision; the Government will implement what you decide.”

Hard remainers really are flogging a dead horse on this.

What else do we have? Politically it will be difficult to reverse Brexit - until the full disastrous ramifications are understood, when it will politically sensible!

Oh the politically indoctrinated Europhiles! Believing the propaganda about life outside this failed “union”. This EU will be running to the IMF for loans within 5 years because they don’t have enough money to waste ,particularly the UK’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Article 50 can be retracted. The EU have already made this clear.

It’s not up to the E.U.  The decision rests with the British people. Who decided in 2016 to leave this so called union.

C590CEF2-70D9-46AD-B1EC-F296EB79A035.jpeg

Edited by nontabury

The onus is on the govt to come up with a deal that is acceptable to parliament and, without that, it is unlikely TM will survive even if it she gets that far.

Chances are a vote on a deal will be seen as a vote of confidence in the govt and not passing it will have consequences including the possible disolution of parliament which could lead to a general election and either a pause on brexit by a new govt or the UK crashing out of the EU with not only no deal but also no govt or parliament in place to manage the situation.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:50 AM, oilinki said:

With all the Russian meddling with the referendum, it might be worth to redo the vote?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/14/how-400-russia-run-fake-accounts-posted-bogus-brexit-tweets?CMP=share_btn_tw

That could lead the way for USA to also redo their elections. 

Read that while sitting on a grassy knowle. The students that voted twice to remain had more impact on the vote than what the facist guardian writes 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, oilinki said:

The Russians were there, affecting the UK voters with the aim to cause dismay within the EU. They have been doing the same thing many years before. It's just natural that they continued their program during the Brexit. 

As a Finn, we have been able to see the Russian propaganda machine marching forward for many years. We have called out some of their most propagandist morons since 10 years ago. 

The real Russian people don't want to be against western values of freedom. It's just their leaders, who are in love with power and money. Quite like the current USA leadership is. 

We, the normal people simply wish and demand to get a fair leadership to our countries. I think that's not too much to ask. 

Exactly why leave won, fair leadership from elected MPs, not ruled by unelected idiots like junker 

21 minutes ago, Orac said:

The onus is on the govt to come up with a deal that is acceptable to parliament and, without that, it is unlikely TM will survive even if it she gets that far.

Chances are a vote on a deal will be seen as a vote of confidence in the govt and not passing it will have consequences including the possible disolution of parliament which could lead to a general election and either a pause on brexit by a new govt or the UK crashing out of the EU with not only no deal but also no govt or parliament in place to manage the situation.

Brexit is far more important than a single Prime Minister.

Cameron found that out.

32 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Geldof perhaps...? ?

Dont humor the remianers, its typical response from them when stuck for an answer, makr a joke and hope no one notices.... Same as the old lefty brigade screaming racist or facist when confronted with a truth they cant answer 

20 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Dont humor the remianers, its typical response from them when stuck for an answer, makr a joke and hope no one notices.... Same as the old lefty brigade screaming racist or facist when confronted with a truth they cant answer 

Good point.................... and I imagine that the sarcasm would be lost...