Brothers who fired guns in a Bangkok market let go as no harm done

webfact

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

The Police are a Joke

Sure are They belong in a circus not in the police force Must be a medal for which cop can do the most stupid thing  God i am starting to feel unsafe here Thailand is like a zoo and the police (Zookeepers) are just plain stupid

Police say "No one was hurt" ?

When you send a couple of bullets into the air they come down and there is always the possibility of injury !

I think the Police should have said "We don't think anyone has been hurt," but their weapons should have been confiscated and licenses been suspended.

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lazy Police,too much paperwork,and nothing in it for them.

regards Worgeordie

Perhaps rather, something was in it for them and has already been gratefully received or even has been received on a weekly/monthly basis since the market has been in operation. Either way, as you say, case closed.

GEEEEZZZZZZ.... if the driving laws, booze laws and firearm laws back home were so lacks as here, I would have stayed and become a redneck. No consequences... gotta love it. Starts in schools... no fail, no punishment for bad behavior and no good teachers.

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

What a crazy country... smoke on the beach & get heavily fined or jailed

fire a gun in a public street & get let off !!!!

Is it just me that finds Thai law difficult to understand?

Not a crazy country, not difficult to understand.

The justice-based law and order system is simply a veneer allowing Thailand to appear to comply with international norms and widely-regarded ethical standards.

The real Thai law and order system works on something much closer to a feudal system rather than an ethical law-based system. Patronage, connections (particularly within the public sector), wealth and status gives one a standing that can be used to advantage in a situation involving the law, irrespective of whether one is the victim or the accused.

Thais know this intuitively and will form mutual assistance groups and cultivate patrons for self-protection.

Put simply, if you find yourself involved in a dispute and hauled down to the police station, who are you going to call?

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Another double standard:

Two Thai youths full of alcohol and testosterone were arrested after shooting guns into the air, allegedly to impress women and scare off rival suitors.

http://www.pattayamail.com/979/news09.shtml

Any actual punishment though?
If they were arrested, but later released without punishment then no double standard. Article doesn't include a punishment. 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:48 AM, webfact said:

The men were released as police said the scuffle was minor and no one had been hurt.

dullard thinking; highlights the state of police judgment here;  what about the two charges ? i guess intimidating people in public by discharging guns is ok:shock1: