Anyone using Firefox Quantum yet?

giddyup

19 hours ago, William T said:

So switched to IE as default browser and most things OK now. Except when  try to download a video from  Youtube the Realplayer Download box which comes down from the top is no longer there. So have to switch back to FF if I want to download videos.

18 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

And when you will finally understand, you will switch to Chrome, which is of course the best, fastest, most reliable, with so many functions that no other browser offers.

Do you know whether Realplayer download will work with Chrome.

Edited by William T

I've been with FF since about 2002 when it seemed revolutionary compared to IE. I now use Vivaldi as default browser but have discovered Comodo Ice Dragon which is a fork of Firefox and allows me to use all my addons as I did before. I even got an extension working that I hadn't seen for 7 or 8 years. Try Ice Dragon but don't download their anti virus program just yet as it blocked my computer. Then get rid of FF, it's dying and some of the developers seem to have a downright supercilious attitude when it comes to complaints, which is new.

There comes a point when you don't need more speed.

Downloaded Chrome but the entire setup is in Thai. The settings are all in Thai and as i cannot read Thai its useless for me.

Can anyone tell me either hoe to download Chrome in English or how to change the default language.

I've searched for 'download Chrome in English' but the download still comes up in Thai... very frustrating.

On 19/11/2017 at 8:19 AM, jacko45k said:

you can easily configure the new Firefox and put your Bookmarks back in! I missed my Bookmarks and Bookmark folders too.

Do tell, I had a look and couldn't see how to add a direct link to them, currently it's a 2 step process that opens in a separate window, a tad annoying.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:05 PM, Pungdo said:

I updated a few days ago, not impressed with the amount of clicks it takes to get to my bookmarks though and I cant see how to add a link into the tool bar to go straight to it.

I don't find it really any faster than the old one, it did seem quicker the first day, but a few days in it seems to have slowed down again, I've been using Firefox since it first came out.

I put a bookmark bar up top, now better than before...

Still to cluttered , need to have a few of the old add ons back . TBH the actual speed difference will not make any difference to anybodys life , it's not like it is " warp speed "

I would prefer to roll back to previous version , but alas not possible.

52 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I would prefer to roll back to previous version , but alas not possible.

Can't you install one of these previous versions?

http://mozilla_firefox.en.downloadastro.com/old_versions/

It's probable that your old extensions are still sitting in your profile, just disabled. Do they show up in our add-ons? If not then you can copy over your old profile from a backup.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Can't you install one of these previous versions?

http://mozilla_firefox.en.downloadastro.com/old_versions/

It's probable that your old extensions are still sitting in your profile, just disabled. Do they show up in our add-ons? If not then you can copy over your old profile from a backup.

I got all my bookmarks including "other bookmarks" back after fluffing around with it...

1 hour ago, transam said:

I got all my bookmarks including "other bookmarks" back after fluffing around with it...

I never had any problem with bookmarks, everything was transferred automatically when FFQ was installed.

3 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Do tell, I had a look and couldn't see how to add a direct link to them, currently it's a 2 step process that opens in a separate window, a tad annoying.

Top RH corner, click on the 3 lines .. then 'Customize'.

Click and hold on the little Icon that looks like a star sitting on a box (Bookmarks Menu)..

Drag up into toolbar and drop where you would like it to be.

I then got rid of the other new one that looks like books with one leaning. Drag and drop it downward!

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Click and hold on the little Icon that looks like a star sitting on a box (Bookmarks Menu)..

I then got rid of the other new one that looks like books with one leaning. Drag and drop it downward!

Many thanks, not sure how I missed that, like I said I have been using it since it first came out.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Or you can click on 'Library' the "new one that looks like books with one leaning", click on 'Bookmarks', 'Bookmarking Tools' and toggle 'Add Bookmarks Menu to Toolbar'.

Something that I have noticed that is somewhat annoying is that Gmail is no longer self refreshing in Firefox, I quite literally have to refresh the page to get the new emails to load, anyone else struck it and come up with a solution ???

Firefox Quantum messed up my internet banking with Tesco Bank (UK). The bank recongnised it as a new browser and cleared the relevant cookie or security feature. This can only be fixed by receiving an OTP to a UK phone number. So I will have to fix it next time I am in the UK.

Fortunately I have the security feature on my tablet also so I can use that for UK internet banking.

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Firefox Quantum messed up my internet banking with Tesco Bank (UK). The bank recongnised it as a new browser and cleared the relevant cookie or security feature. This can only be fixed by receiving an OTP to a UK phone number. So I will have to fix it next time I am in the UK.

Fortunately I have the security feature on my tablet also so I can use that for UK internet banking.

Unless your tablets using FF ... lol

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:54 AM, Carlosm said:

Downloaded Chrome but the entire setup is in Thai. The settings are all in Thai and as i cannot read Thai its useless for me.

Can anyone tell me either hoe to download Chrome in English or how to change the default language.

I've searched for 'download Chrome in English' but the download still comes up in Thai... very frustrating.

I downloaded Chrome a few days ago, and it came up in English. I cannot remember if you got the chance to click 'English' as you sometimes do with downloads.

It has a useless tool bar . I believe they use Bookmarks but cannot find them despite checking select Bookmarks toolbar.

I tried to post a pic of the tool bar but the screen got so big I could not see "Submit Reply.

Maybe try downloading and installing Chrome while connected to a VPN on the US.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone unhappy w/ all the changes in Quantum but still like Firefox + extensions (e.g., Tab Mix Plus and Classic Theme Restorer) should consider one of the alternatives still being updated. It appears Waterfox is in the lead. I'm using it now and it's quite nice--faster than the old the Firefox, too. Besides that you have IceDragon and Pale Moon. Pale Moon's great (I use it on Linux) but not all extensions are compatible, though most are. There's been another one, Cyberfox, but it's giving up the ghost.

https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

https://www.palemoon.org/

As a side note, you expats who are tired of Google giving you the Thai version and making you select English (if you can find it) should try this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-no-country-redirect/

Previous similar extensions have either stopped working or don't work w/ the omnibar. This one's brilliant.

Chrome has something similar.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/google ncr?_category=extensions