21 men identified in girl’s forced prostitution case

webfact

21 men identified in girl’s forced prostitution case

By Kampanart La-ong 
The Nation

6aaf8a1d77a252dde9ddbee04aa88394.jpeg

Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police on Thursday brought two suspects allegedly involved in forcing a 15-year-old girl into prostitution in Ayutthaya province to apply for a court order for their first 12-day detention period.

The investigation has also discovered a list of names of 21 men who bought sex from the girl.

Retired teacher Wichai Pensawad, 61, faces charges of taking a minor under 18 away from her parents or guardian and rape of a minor, while the girl’s aunt, Pavina Thongchua, 20, faces charges including procuring a minor for prostitution, illegal detention and coercing the parent of a minor. 

71290b0136390e572788344dc7e21885.jpg

CSD superintendent Pol Colonel Arun Wachirasrisukanya said investigators were checking the names of the 21 men and gathering evidence to apply for arrest warrants. 

He added that both Wichai and Pavina were facing charges that could carry jail terms of more than 10 years.

CSD officers raided an apartment in Phra Nakhon Sri Ayutthaya district to arrest Wichai and rescue the girl at 7.30pm on Tuesday following a tip-off from the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation for Women and Children.

The girl’s mother had sought help from the foundation after the girl called home, crying and saying that she had been forced into selling sex and a customer had beaten her. 

The mother told the foundation that her sister-in-law Pavina had forced her daughter into the sex trade about seven months ago. 

Pavina was later arrested and admitted that she had been soliciting customers for the girl via the Line application.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331772

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-16

It's good to read that people like this are apprehended.

Good to know that the daughter felt safe to contact her parents, 

and report what was occurring @ her Aunties...

All we can do as parents is try to stay close to our children, 

and support them in a positive way, 

so they can feel safe to communicate when evil influences cross their paths, 

as there are so many venues which children can be exposed to these days, 

without the parents having any idea what's going on.

Hopefully all of the teens are back home safely.

43 minutes ago, b2bme said:

What happened to the case in the south of Thailand where some girl was sold to 25+ males including some so called dignitaries. 

Another example of "Thai-Style".

So many of these cases simply never reach the media again.

I suspect a sufficient amount of money gets paid and the cases are withdrawn from the legal system.

13 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Guess the money was flowing back home.

Reading between the lines, possibly all was going OK until the poor girl was beaten by a customer.

That's what I thought. 

I don't believe the mother would let her stay for 7 months and not have a weekend home visit or something and I can't believe the daughter wouldn't tell her. 

All the hype about foreign paedophiles living in Thailand, when there are plenty of locals that prey on young kids and most of the time its not reported.

I was in a restaurant in Fang with my wife last week, and there were 2 Thai men around 40 ish plying 2 school girls about 15 with red label, no one in there batted an eye lid!.  

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I'm just not getting that the mother did not know about this for 7 months? 

you don't have any eperience in life - ever heard about "corrupted, totally broken-up families"?

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

That's what I thought. 

I don't believe the mother would let her stay for 7 months and not have a weekend home visit or something and I can't believe the daughter wouldn't tell her. 

Yeah, it sounds like things were known and the mother didn't really object until things got a little out of hand.  Until then, it was just a job.  Sad state of affairs

Unfortunately I am sure this is pretty common. The previous 60-something Head Man in my wife's village (he's now passed away) would occasionally dress smartly and go off of an afternoon to meet up with a schoolgirl and take her to one of the local 'resorts' for a couple of hours. Everybody seemed to know about it, including his wife.

According to my wife quite a few girls from the local high school were 'available' and the girls were alp willing participants.  

Another time we had a young teenage girl riding around and stopping to ask local guys for 1000THB in exchange for sex.....

What happened to the mai hon son case,several police were inviolved along with a head man,but like the red bull im sure theres money involved.Where else in the world would a case involving minors for prostitution go silent,only Thailand as usual hopeing it will blow away.In most countrys the ploice involved would be immediately suspended at the least and certainly get a minimum of 5 years,and sacked and shamed.problem here is one is afraid to grass the others because they are likely involved with that case and anothers.You scratch my back and ill scratch yours,but not as much as you got more out of it than me.Then you move down there for a few months until things go quiet and come back quietly just keep a low profile for a while.

1 hour ago, thurien said:

you don't have any eperience in life - ever heard about "corrupted, totally broken-up families"?

Yes, that`s more likely the case, only I describe it as dysfunctional families. Probably no father on the scene, mother struggling financially and unable to cope so the girl gets sent away while the mother tries to get her life together.

The problem here is that once these girls become introduced into prostitution it maybe a path she will follow later on in life. All very sad really.

4 hours ago, b2bme said:

What happened to the case in the south of Thailand where some girl was sold to 25+ males including some so called dignitaries. 

Or the forced prostitution ring in the North at Mae Hong Son catering to visiting government types???

A bunch of supposed arrests of various police and government types, and since then months ago, not a peep...

7 hours ago, thurien said:

You don't have experience in reading. the mother sent her daughter to live with her boyfriends family whilst he is in jail. The boyfriends family are not the girls or the mothers family. Like another poster said, there was no problem until the girl was beaten. Yes, I have heard of broken corrupted families, especially families that sell their children to another family for prostitution. 

It is possible the mother sold her daughter and did not have the money to get her back. Your inexperience with thailand  clouds your ability to see a thai mother does not walk away leaving  her daughter with strangers for 7 months and no contact. A mother knows  well what her daughter is doing.