PM concerned about school bus accident

snoop1130

hook11.jpg

Prime Miniser Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed regrets to the families of people who were killed and injured in an accident involving a bus taking students on a study tour and a pick-up truck in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Dan Khun Thot district on Wednesday (Nov 15).

The bus was on the way back to Chaiyaphum after taking a group of teachers and students of Ban Nong Saeng School in Phu Khieo district  for a study tour to visit the royal cremation in Bangkok.

Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the secretary-general of the Office of the Basic Education Commission (Obec) and the governor of Nakhon Ratchasima have visited the injured.

Obec has provided 300,000 baht for the Zone 2 primary education office in Chaiyaphum to help the families of those affected by the accident.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-concerned-school-bus-accident/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-16

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

In reality, he should be concerned about ALL accidents, especially when there are fatalities, but we read stories day in, day out in the press about them, and nothing seems to change.

51 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Miniser Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed regrets to the families of people who were killed and injured in an accident involving a bus taking students on a study tour and a pick-up truck in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Dan Khun Thot district on Wednesday (Nov 15).

......and promised to do bugger all !

It doesn't say he is concerned in the article, only that he expressed regrets. That doesn't mean he cares.  Empty words from an empty head.  Why didn't he start getting buses checked and approved ?  Still get serious accidents every day.  Thats why Thailand is No 1  in the world for road deaths.  Perhaps he should be told that. The Hub of Horrors !

The situation is dire and I think Thailand need a special unit of Highway patrol not the current setup whereby the existing local or regional police agency has a detail that perform highway duties among other duties. A highway patrol unit created primarily for the purpose of overseeing and enforcing traffic safety compliance on roads and highways and have all the vehicles, equipment and law to enforce compliance. 

Oh you arrogant, ignorant, stupid $#@% - did you just hear about things like these?

They do happen on a daily basis, you ....

No how about getting your empty head out of your @$$ and do something about it!?

Noooo...too busy with asking stupid questions, writing horrible songs and having powdered sugar blown up your backside!

well the driver had an accident, was he qualified (oh yeah qualified at what)  was he breath tested, was  the vehicle road worthy, is he going to get a 500 baht fine ?

Oh wait - same driver different bus tomorrow

seriously, Thailand the ASEAN  HUB of ................have no idea how to enforce traffic law because the police have no interest and no training.............and it would cost too much................the billions that go into political pockets 

Money Number one, and is exactly why I personally still rate Thailand as 3rd world, they have failed to develop because of corruption and people in office too busy enriching themselves

Oh yes - Toyota  (and the rest) might have production here...................but it is on their terms, Thailand actually makes nothing on their own..............yes they grow stuff, but tell me a brand name Thai "car" or technology device, there are none ......nothing, as Thailand claims to be the HUB of many things .....they are actually the HUB of "Nothing"

Oh wait..............they are the "WORLD" number one "HUB" of "Road Death Carnage"

be careful out there 

PS...and the Billions wasted on buying ...........absolutely useless Submarines that have no strategic value to Thailand and offer nothing towards National Security....Nothing

Money that would be better spent on ..............................................health.....................or pretty much anything else, how about providing the security forces down south with proper protection instead of them riding around on motorbikes and pickups, how about spending money on surveillance ................ Submarines ? while Thai people are being Slaughtered  down south...............I have a serious issue with that one

end 

Edited by smedly

9 hours ago, greenchair said:

I get in a lot of trouble at school and my child's points are deducted because I refuse to allow my kid to go on school trips. Every year at least one school bus has a serious accident. I'm glad I stood my ground. 

They drive too fast, it's as simple as that. 

Well done stick to your guns

The Pm being an army guy i am sure he can drive a tank so a bus would be no Prob He should get on the bus and drive it and see what his fellow Thais get up to driving on the highway Then he should get off the bus after he seeing the wonderful Thai drivers out there and go to police headquarters In Bangkok and sack the whole  chain of command of the Police force and start again Even train soldiers to write out tickets for bad drivers Gov coffers will be overflowing in one week

But police gov officials all one have one thing dear to them They all have there snouts in the trough

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In reality, he should be concerned about ALL accidents, especially when there are fatalities, but we read stories day in, day out in the press about them, and nothing seems to change.

Remember that passenger boat which sunk last year or so...captain had no license, boat was not insured and so on.....many deads from drawning.

I bet nothing has changed since then.

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I fully agree, one of the main problems once again is the lack of correct prosecutions for driving offenses  also the way the police turn a blind eye to misdemeanors and I am not referring to minor ones like parking or faulty lights etc. 

The faults are within the judicial system for handing out suitable prosecutions & the police for not doing their part in ensuring the roads are a safe highway to travel along.

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The situation is dire and I think Thailand need a special unit of Highway patrol not the current setup whereby the existing local or regional police agency has a detail that perform highway duties among other duties. A highway patrol unit created primarily for the purpose of overseeing and enforcing traffic safety compliance on roads and highways and have all the vehicles, equipment and law to enforce compliance. 

Totally agree and my thoughts for ages . So if we can see it why cant the hierarchy ?  well to me it is apathy where very little is done to mitigate the carnage on the roads of Thailand . All the resolutions are out there to be copied from the western world and if need be introduced by a contracted western world company . Start with one province to monitor progress . It is called duty of care for which there is very little here . All to easy to blame the public and there lack of skills but they know no difference . Has to come from the top and to me this continuing annual loss of life from road traffic incidents could be aligned with that of lack of human rights . As an emerging third world country Thailand must be seen to raise its standards and show care for its people . A lack of this could be made to introduce trade sanctions or as penalty points when it comes to contractual bids but there again maybe a pipe dream .  

10 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Oh he's awake at last.

He's been holidaying at Danang for the ASEAN conference. Nary a squeak out him while he was there. Usually he is all over the media bragging about his achievements and deals at these conferences but this time nothing except a small press release where he was chatting to/up the lady Minister for Hong Kong. Perhaps that was his big and only success.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Totally agree and my thoughts for ages . So if we can see it why cant the hierarchy ?  well to me it is apathy where very little is done to mitigate the carnage on the roads of Thailand . All the resolutions are out there to be copied from the western world and if need be introduced by a contracted western world company . Start with one province to monitor progress . It is called duty of care for which there is very little here . All to easy to blame the public and there lack of skills but they know no difference . Has to come from the top and to me this continuing annual loss of life from road traffic incidents could be aligned with that of lack of human rights . As an emerging third world country Thailand must be seen to raise its standards and show care for its people . A lack of this could be made to introduce trade sanctions or as penalty points when it comes to contractual bids but there again maybe a pipe dream .  

Even an auxiliary patrol unit is better than a detail from the regular police force. Better trained for the task which should include first aid and equipped with vehicles, tow trucks and ambulances. With the worst road carnage in the world, I am surprised like you that this was never suggested. The Interior Minister has been invisible for too long and I have heard little from him. It is his responsibility as much as the Transport Minister. 

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Remember that passenger boat which sunk last year or so...captain had no license, boat was not insured and so on.....many deads from drawning.

I bet nothing has changed since then.

Nothing happened to him Oh they got him a new boat because he said sorry

11 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

The Pm being an army guy i am sure he can drive a tank so a bus would be no Prob He should get on the bus and drive it and see what his fellow Thais get up to driving on the highway Then he should get off the bus after he seeing the wonderful Thai drivers out there and go to police headquarters In Bangkok and sack the whole  chain of command of the Police force and start again Even train soldiers to write out tickets for bad drivers Gov coffers will be overflowing in one week

But police gov officials all one have one thing dear to them They all have there snouts in the trough

A good idea that the PM should go out and experience the diabolical driving standards here in LOS. What worries me is whether he even knows how to distinguish between good and bad driving!