Two weeks to unlock Brexit, EU tells Britain's May

rooster59

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/18/2017 at 6:58 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

I think leaving the EU was a terrible decision, but it is one where reasonable people can disagree.

However, I am sure ALL will agree that the leaving process has been one of the most egregious displays of incompetence ever. 

There is nothing like kicking yourself in the crotch when you are already down... 

yes i do agree as you in capitals stated, the EU need to stop being incompetent, they will only agree to what the bully boys Germany and France want. 

12 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Thanks, it has been done before.

I know, but you are failing to see something here. That was done with a government with something called competence. You see any today?
You know, the seach for that little fading light in the biggest and darkest hole of the universe. :cheesy:

Edited by Get Real

2 hours ago, chrissables said:

(How much money do we owe? Seems the Uk government still doesn't know, or isn't telling).

How strange you are, the EU is demanding money, they have to quantify the amount, not the UK.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, UK government signalling an offer next month: http://tinyurl.com/y9dkhvpk

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

So, all UK institutions in receipt of EU funds will be more than happy to hear that from Brexit Day 1 there is more than enough funds in the Government kitty to cover all lost income 100%.

Funniest thing is Cornwall, MAJOR beneficiary of EU regional support, voted for Brexit with significant majority, now wanting spreadsheet to guarantee their funding will continue! Idiots ?

19 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, as you note, the UK government is the only side trying to make these sham negotiations work.

It seems to me that the EU are demonstrably superior negotiators?

They certainly keep May under zugzwang

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The same man who announced "I am a bun" to the people of Berlin?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, other than he speaks english better than german?

Edited by vogie

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, other than he speaks english better than german?

In future, I will write "WITTICISM" on every such comment; for the hard of hearing!

Seriously, I think Germany has changed dramatically since the post WW2 days. Just as the USA has changed dramatically 

47 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It seems to me that the EU are demonstrably superior negotiators?

They certainly keep May under zugzwang

I disagree.  Refusing to negotiate unless undeclared 'goals' are met, is the opposite to "superior negotiators" IMO.

I suspect that their intransigent attitude is only annoying most Brits into thinking the Brit. govt. should just declare the UK is leaving the EU at the end of the article 50 period without any agreement - or payment.

Far from ideal - but at least it would mostly end the uncertainty/hasten trade talks with other countries AND, hopefully force/encourage the EU into actually negotiating.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, as you note, the UK government is the only side trying to make these sham negotiations work.

Maybe once the UK government stops internal fighting and works out a negotiating position other than empty platitudes but that is not going to happen any time too soon.

Edited by SheungWan

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

That would be British as in BNP-style presumably.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

It certainly wouldn't be a Brazilian dressmaker or some such.

I thought so. The openly nasty side of Brexit. As nasty as it gets.

Edited by SheungWan

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I disagree.  Refusing to negotiate unless undeclared 'goals' are met, is the opposite to "superior negotiators" IMO.

I suspect that their intransigent attitude is only annoying most Brits into thinking the Brit. govt. should just declare the UK is leaving the EU at the end of the article 50 period without any agreement - or payment.

Far from ideal - but at least it would mostly end the uncertainty/hasten trade talks with other countries AND, hopefully force/encourage the EU into actually negotiating.

Zugzwang like Schadenfreude is untranslatable ; worth looking up!

Their chess playing seems to be working now doesn't it? May has upped her offer to 38 Billion I hear! What is she getting in return?

Now is that peanuts or not? If it's peanuts, pay up and shut up; if it's not peanuts, what is the point of all this nonsense? There must be a mega-upside! (There isn't) ?

Edited by Grouse