Is there any point renewing the drivers license from back home?

davidst01

15 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Now for you Aussies that have a NSW Lisc & are planning to Renew

Good news & bad news especially if you over 45

I need to renew mine soon, & have just been on the Motor Registry site 

* You can only do online once (I guess they have the ability to check ) - That rules me out

** It is not about a photo as they have the ability to allow for that in the online kits they provide

* Now for the bad - It's as goo as no hope if you are over 45 since it says that you have to have an eye test (at branch in person ) - That rules me out

This is for a 5 yr Lisc since due to the eye test you can only get a 10 yr Lisc if your between 21 -44 yrs old

So looks like I shall have to drop by to visit family next time I can get a job 

I called NSW registry and they said they were only interested in the last time you renewed. i.e. if you renewed online the last time then its an issue. There systems are not that advanced eg. if you did it online 10yrs ago they will not know

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

I called NSW registry and they said they were only interested in the last time you renewed. i.e. if you renewed online the last time then its an issue. There systems are not that advanced eg. if you did it online 10yrs ago they will not know

Well that's sounding a bit better as I did it online 10 yr ago & at the branch 5 yr ago

* BUT - They still have a rule that if you are over 45 yr old & have not had an eye test within 5.5 yrs of expiry of your new lisc (in other words you would have to have an eye test at a branch ) to get your new 5yr yr lisc 

* This stops us over 45 ers getting a 10 yr lisc