Escape from North Korea: video shows defector under fire

snoop1130

10 hours ago, baboon said:

They aren't border guards, they are army. 

It is a good posting and the soldiers there are quite well looked after as the regime knows eyes are on them, so presumably there is less reason to defect.

Better quality parasitic worms?

15 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, Pakistan and China, it is Khunjerab Park.  They have been proposing one between Pakistan and India for a long time though, a glacial park, but as yet no go. 

I don't see a reference to that park being jointly managed.  it's next to a park in China.

10 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I was right next to that area when in Tajikistan. I saw the long fence China had illegally built to take a huge chunk of land from them. Not many in that region have much love for the Chinese.

On 2017-11-22 at 3:33 PM, hawker9000 said:

One of thug Kim's not-so-satisfied customers.   'Hope he's leaving no family or close friends behind in the north...

You can easily see which countries are good countries, and which are horrible countries by whether people are risking their lives to get out..... or to get in.

Very few people were willing to risk their lives to get into communist Warsaw Pact countries or to get into the Soviet Union..  

But a lot of people risked their lives... and many died, trying to get out..  

Historically we can look at the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries, vs, Western European countries.... and today we can compare North Korea vs the U.S. 

Not too many people risking their lives to escape South Korea to go and start a new life in North Korea. (Actually I am not aware of even ONE !)   But lots of people wish to get into the U.S., whether legally.. or illegally.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I was right next to that area when in Tajikistan. I saw the long fence China had illegally built to take a huge chunk of land from them. Not many in that region have much love for the Chinese.

Not surprising considering what is happening in Xinjiang, but this is not about people, this is about nature.