Mass overstay arrests on Koh Phangan

16 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It wouldn't work now, but that is surely the future - it's just a matter of time.  That's why it's hard for me to believe that any of the people so concerned about other people's visa situation are progressive in the way that they think.

One of the drivers behind the animosity is the belief that people who violate the visa rules force the government to make it more difficult on all of us.  Whether that's true or not, I'm not going to weigh in. 

But I recall when I was a kid and my brother would piss off my Dad, putting him in a bad mood- and then life was miserable for all of us.   My brother's actions didn't affect me directly, but they had a profound indirect effect.  And it was pretty easy to put the blame on my brother, rather than where it really belonged.

Edited by impulse

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EcigAmateur said:

Illegal immigrants in EU are not only poor but they also are muslim. It makes a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big difference.

your comments seem to narrow down to tell people to break the law or are outright racist. hope the amateur will become professional by 2018 and bring some added value comments to the table. 

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why is Isaan any different?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's out of the way so not focused on, 1000s up there

Mostly good people with family, properties, contributing significantly to the economic growth of the area. By the time I am gone I will have injected over 50 millions and leave my wife with a (UN) pension of 150000 Bahts a month. And I am not the biggest fish, by far.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, EcigAmateur said:

Only a loser can be happy of other people problems. Wish you the worst.

Most of the worlds humans have problems about which they can do nothing, but overstaying is not one of them.

I care about what happens to people when it is beyond their control, but I find it hard to sympathise when it is something of their own making.

8 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:
On 11/27/2017 at 3:28 AM, carmine said:

The same ones that complain about illegal immigrants in their country of origin!!

Illegal immigrants in EU are not only poor but they also are muslim. It makes a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big difference.

Many of those EU-migrants are also overstayers – from my European home country, which is pretty loaded with the kind of "illegal" ones mentioned above, it seem like numerous of the original population also want to see a "bad guys out, good guys in"-scheme – same-same, but different, but make one better understand "the Thai way of thinking"...:whistling:

On 27/11/2017 at 2:48 PM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But why does the average individual on Thaivisa care.

How long until borders and countries go completely?  100 years?  Then everybody will look back at us and think what absolute morons.

Regarding the first sentence the answer is obvious. We, who have a legitimate claim to stay in Thailand: wealth, family, business or job are suffering from the mindless bureaucracy imposed on us by the immigration in a vain attempt to control those who stay illegally.

I couldn't agree more with what you say regarding borders, it seems obvious to me that any attempt to manage the resources will fail as long as we have borders in people's heads.

13 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Regarding the first sentence the answer is obvious. We, who have a legitimate claim to stay in Thailand: wealth, family, business or job are suffering from the mindless bureaucracy imposed on us by the immigration in a vain attempt to control those who stay illegally.

I couldn't agree more with what you say regarding borders, it seems obvious to me that any attempt to manage the resources will fail as long as we have borders in people's heads.

There is a rather large assumption that is rarely challenged here; the reason that 'legitimate and/or legal' immigrants (like myself and many other posters) have such a hassle is because of 'illegal' immigrants.

Perhaps the answer is much simpler?

Perhaps the Thai authorities simply don't want many 'outsiders' to live here? And they make it a pain in the ass to discourage foreigners from trying to live here?

When I see the post above, " We, who have a legitimate claim to stay in Thailand...", it makes me cringe. What would all of you who dislike too much immigration in your home countries say if immigrants there talked like this?

Food for thought...

12 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

When I see the post above, " We, who have a legitimate claim to stay in Thailand...", it makes me cringe. What would all of you who dislike too much immigration in your home countries say if immigrants there talked like this?

There is still a majority in Europe that sees that immigration is an economic necessity. Any immigrant who comes, works and establishes him/herself is welcome. In the last century we had Polish, Italian, Spanish, Boat people blended in themselves. The only illegitimate ones are the Afro Arabs, a minority of them, who decide to antagonise the society and culture they have chosen to live with.

As far as I am concerned my professional background entitled me to settle in Australia, so said the then Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs. And believe me I felt welcome in all avenues of life.

So, sorry to say so but for me your statement is utter BS.

There is still a majority in Europe that sees that immigration is an economic necessity. Any immigrant who comes, works and establishes him/herself is welcome. In the last century we had Polish, Italian, Spanish, Boat people blended in themselves. The only illegitimate ones are the Afro Arabs, a minority of them, who decide to antagonise the society and culture they have chosen to live with.

As far as I am concerned my professional background entitled me to settle in Australia, so said the then Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs. And believe me I felt welcome in all avenues of life.

Ah so any “immigrant “ can come if they say they want to “work”. And how can you put all the views of “Europe” in one breath, Immigration a necessity “? Many European countries say No more to that, I won’t list them all. On the issue of the thread ,Fact is Thailand is often changing regulations for foreigners staying in the country and if there are continual abuses by those openly illegally remaining in the country we should understand why!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

"...In the last century we had Polish, Italian, Spanish,..."

Er... Ahem... Aren't these people already European? How/why would they blend in? Apologies, I do not understand your point.

"... entitled me to settle in Australia..."

I offer my sincere congratulations, but what does it have to do with Thailand?

It's probably right to say that overstayers probably make life harder for other people.  But the 'other people' shouldn't admonish the overstayers for sidestepping bureaucracy, just as the overstayers don't admonish the others for pandering to the bureaucracy.  The bad guy is ultimately the government and this is the same all over the world.  Fighting amongst ourselves achieves nothing.  We should unite and protest and storm parliament *brandishes pitchfork*.

4 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's probably right to say that overstayers probably make life harder for other people.  But the 'other people' shouldn't admonish the overstayers for sidestepping bureaucracy, just as the overstayers don't admonish the others for pandering to the bureaucracy.  The bad guy is ultimately the government and this is the same all over the world.  Fighting amongst ourselves achieves nothing.  We should unite and protest and storm parliament *brandishes pitchfork*.

"The bad guy is ultimately the government and this is the same all over the world. "

So all countries should open their borders for anyone who wants to come in?

That would mean another 1 Billion Africans and Middle Easterners, Afghani etc into Europe with it's 700 million ?:ph34r:  

Absurd.

2 hours ago, LaoPo said:

"The bad guy is ultimately the government and this is the same all over the world. "

So all countries should open their borders for anyone who wants to come in?

That would mean another 1 Billion Africans and Middle Easterners, Afghani etc into Europe with it's 700 million ?:ph34r:  

Absurd.

That's the argument a progressive person would make, yes.  It's what I expect to happen within 3 or 4 generations.  We'll all have the same colour skin then.

32 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

That's the argument a progressive person would make, yes.  It's what I expect to happen within 3 or 4 generations.  We'll all have the same colour skin then.

Really?

And tell me, WHO would pay for their education, housing, food, transportation, taxes...?

You have no idea what you're saying :ph34r:

FACTS: 

AFRICA 1950:   230 million people

AFRICA 2017:   1.2 Billion...and growing, making more children but no or little income or future.

The problem is SO huge that it's incomprehensible to even consider what the situation will be in 3 or 4 generations. 

And you're talking about a skin color? get realistic!

“Sidestepping bureaucracy” ? staying in a country illegally, hmm interesting ! The “Bad guys” are not those deciding, what in Thailand are very generous visa rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, LaoPo said:

Really?

And tell me, WHO would pay for their education, housing, food, transportation, taxes...?

You have no idea what you're saying :ph34r:

FACTS: 

AFRICA 1950:   230 million people

AFRICA 2017:   1.2 Billion...and growing, making more children but no or little income or future.

The problem is SO huge that it's incomprehensible to even consider what the situation will be in 3 or 4 generations. 

And you're talking about a skin color? get realistic!

A good explanation and example of, why immigration is not a solution...

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

A good explanation and example of, why immigration is not a solution...

Frightening and very scary future, especially for our children and grandchildren.

We will (still) make it to the end...but will they be able to cope with this huge problem? :ph34r:

22 hours ago, LaoPo said:

You're assuming there will still be such thing as currency?  3-4 generations is a long time.  Compare 1900 to 2000 for example, different worlds.

15 hours ago, markaoffy said:

“Sidestepping bureaucracy” ? staying in a country illegally, hmm interesting ! The “Bad guys” are not those deciding, what in Thailand are very generous visa rules!

Legalities have nothing to do with what is right and wrong.  Personally I'm only interested in right and wrong.  Other people are fixated on what is legal and illegal, possibly as an indoctrinated product of their respective police/nanny/sharia states.

The video is entirely correct but it has nothing to do with what I said because it's talking about immigration.  Immigration is not an issue when there are no borders.  In 3 or 4 generations Africa will likely not be desperately poor.  Look how quickly other developing countries completed the transition to becoming developed countries, certainly quicker than 4 generations.  There will likely not be religion for there to be religious extremists etc.  The threats as we know them today will likely no longer exist.

Edited by dfdgfdfdgs