Visa re entry permit and TR visa. This appears Possible?

https://www.tielandtothailand.com/thai-re-entry-permit-explained/

I will start with the Web link.

Saves heaps of typing and it contains some good information. 

I recently went from a TR visa to non immigration O, and progression to the one year retirement. 

But having need to be in Australia before Christmas I read, and was advised that I need a return entry permit.

So as not to lose my multiple entry O type.

The above link says I would need, if a single entry visa. 

Multiple entry I not Need?  TR8 for.

Also that I can do at the airport  (where?)

I was also surprised to read that you can get a re entry on a 60 day TR visa if needed.

I've been using TR for some time and had need to leave before the end of the visa. (Family issues). Previously I had to leave after 10 days once.

But just went and obtained a new TR.

Not aware of the above mentioned possibly. 

Would appreciate the combined inputs of the esteemed learned peers in the forum, as to the validity of the above.

The basic rule is that you can get a re-entry permit for any permit to stay in the country.

If you have a multiple entry visa of any kind issued by an embassy or consulate you don't need a re-entry permit for as long as it is valid.

If you have a extension of stay issued by immigration you need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.

You can get either a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I recently went from a TR visa to non immigration O, and progression to the one year retirement. 

But having need to be in Australia before Christmas I read, and was advised that I need a return entry permit.

So as not to lose my multiple entry O type.

You no longer have a multi entry Non Imm O Visa, that has expired.

You obtained an extension of your permission to stay which is a permit, not a Visa, or an extension of your expired Visa.

An extension of permission to stay does not includes facilities to exit and enter.

To keep your current permission to stay valid until expiry you must therefore purchase a separate re-entry permit (single or multiple) if you intend to travel outside Thailand.

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

Most of what you write is VERY obvious and absolutely no news to anyone I guess... Why need a Re Entry Permit on a multi entry VISA, that is beyond me..

glegolo

As said. 

Somewhat new to all this,  and I was simply asking if indeed you could get a re entry on a TR as indicated in the article. 

I was not aware of this. 

And would have done so previously if I had known about it. 

Just have to make sure I get the re entry as and when I require it. 

You can get a re-entry permit for any permission to stay in Thailand (or extension of the permission to stay) even from a visa exempt entry. (Forget about the visa used to enter the country which is irrelevant.) Make sure you understand what the re-entry permit does. It does not stop the clock on the number of days allowed in the country. It simply means that your exit and re-entry does not cancel the permission to stay. When you return, the permitted to stay until date is exactly the same as if you had never made the trip outside Thailand.

• Like 1