Gen Prawit apologises to Tunyakan family for his remarks

rooster59

Gen Prawit apologises to Tunyakan family for his remarks

prawit1.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has apologised to Tunyakan family for his remarks about the controversial death of Pakapong, a first-year student of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School.

Gen Prawit said on Friday (Nov 24) that he has instructed Gen Thanchaiyan Srisuwan, the Supreme Commander, to ensure justice for the family in a straightforward manner without siding with the military.

He said if what he said about Pakapong had offended the Tunyakan family, he would like to apologise them for doing that.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-apologises-tunyakan-family-remarks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-25

"He said he does not want to protect anyone and is trying to establish facts through both secret and open means, adding he is ready to take information from all sides.

Gen Prayut said nobody wants to see the loss of a valuable life.  All training units of the armed forces must be more careful and take the responsibility for trainees “like their own family members.”

If a foul play is found in the fact-finding, there must be people taking the responsibility for it, he said.

The prime minister also asked people to stop making critical remarks, saying that doing so is not good to anyone, particularly the family of the death."

Why do I think that the most information collected will be through "secret means" and that no one will be held responsible?

Still, he did apologize, and that is rare. I take it as proof that he is now a politician and wants to continue in office...

Edited by Samui Bodoh

This is no apology at all.To say that one is sorry if what one has said has caused offence is a statement with no real meaning, just a formula for taking the pressure off.An apology would involve saying one was completely wrong.

Mrs Prawit (calling from kitchen on hubby's return from 'work'): Don't forget your shrink appointment at 5, dear, before you lay into the whisky. She's going to try to help you with switching your brain on, before opening your mouth . . . could be important if P1 has another reshuffle.

First, Thing 1 and Thing 2 said that there was nothing suspicious. Just a heart attack. Then they said that any 'punishment' this young cadet received was the norm and they'd also experienced it. Now one of the school commanders is being moved to an 'inactive post' and Prawit is apologising for his flippant remarks. What a s*** show.

When will anyone in power in this country learn to say the simple words, "I don't know". I don't know. I don't have the details, but I will find out and come out with a statement when I'm informed of the information. Such narcissists. 

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

First, Thing 1 and Thing 2 said that there was nothing suspicious. Just a heart attack. Then they said that any 'punishment' this young cadet received was the norm and they'd also experienced it. Now one of the school commanders is being moved to an 'inactive post' and Prawit is apologising for his flippant remarks. What a s*** show.

When will anyone in power in this country learn to say the simple words, "I don't know". I don't know. I don't have the details, but I will find out and come out with a statement when I'm informed of the information. Such narcissists. 

agreed; remember tho that these are military generals, they are used to being able to say anything they please, regardless of how stupid and irrational it is

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Is it just my imagination or does his face look smaller today?

prawit1.jpg

Well-spotted. It's just a trick of the light but it's true that Prawit's head is a mere 8.3" (8.6" being normal)… totally opposite that of his big-headed boss. Prayut's head is 10" as we all know, the mystery being, of course, what the hell is it stuffed with?

In Prawit's case - known as the undersize head syndrome (or UHS) - this would account for the frequent detritus that spills from his mouth before his U brain has chance to filter it. Well-spotted, though, espec in those adverse conditions.

Edited by Ossy
punctuation

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

agreed; remember tho that these are military generals, they are used to being able to say anything they please, regardless of how stupid and irrational it is

Sounds the same as "The Donald". :tongue: