What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

On 1/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, papa al said:

Great, Looking forward to the full-bike pics.

You'll get pix of my suttle personal changes when the saddle is finished, of before when the bike was received new and my not so unpleasant aftermath just something I wanted to do to make the bike individual..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, OmegaRacer said:

Front are WP progressive springs, rear are Ohlins. Rear sag is about 1/3 to 1/4 of full suspension travel.

Thanks for the info as I want to change out the OEM shocks for something more adjustable.

Honda Wave; it’s been a bit ‘clunky’ on gear changing so i’ve been fiddling with the adjustment screw on the right hand side of crankcase..... bit hit and miss but i think it’s a bit better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

After a test of the Mitas e10 enduro tires, bending my rear brake lever and trapping myself between a tree and my bike, I washed zhe today.  Zhe was a little dirty but not too bad.  I'll have zhe fixed up ready for the next ride.

Please note my gender neutrality so as not to offend.  I am not trying to speak with a German accent!

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

After a test of the Mitas e10 enduro tires, bending my rear brake lever and trapping myself between a tree and my bike, I washed zhe today.  Zhe was a little dirty but not too bad.  I'll have zhe fixed up ready for the next ride.

Please note my gender neutrality so as not to offend.  I am not trying to speak with a German accent!

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

Glad you weren't hurt.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2018 at 3:57 PM, lemonjelly said:

Honda Wave; it’s been a bit ‘clunky’ on gear changing so i’ve been fiddling with the adjustment screw on the right hand side of crankcase..... bit hit and miss but i think it’s a bit better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That is the auto clutch adjuster screw. There are YouTube posts on how to do this but even after it's done  , best not to expect radical improvement.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, lemonjelly said:

Fresh expensive oil might help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papa al said:

Fresh expensive oil might help.

Yes ....plus you can also try adding a little STP/Wynns  or the Thai equivalent available from many gas stations.

This stuff is more viscous than ordinary oil. Don't put in a whole can because the Wave is a small engine. I used about a quarter of a can in mine then topped up the rest with standard oil.

Big difference ?  No, not really , just slightly quieter and less clunky.

Video on clutch adjustment :

Edited by Denim
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, BBJ said:

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

Was in a Big Thing (Wing) or whatever they are called recently. First time i'd seen an AT up close. Very pleasantly surprised. Quite light off the side stand, thing looks excellent value for money, and, not that i'm into large adventure bikes, but the AT is the nicest one I've seen in this category. Beats a GS 1200 hands down. Looked better than a GS 800 too. I was impressed, and that's saying something because  I normally don't like Honda or Hondas...

Nice bit of kit. Certainly fits my lanky frame better than the 250's....

• Like 1

Began cutting bits off my 400 Shadow in an effort to turn it into a "Cafe Racer for two plus luggage". In the true spirit of the Cafe racer the plan is to spend no money. Reason...I have no money.

"The taxman's taken all my dough and left me in my stately home...."

Will publish the photos if it doesn't end up looking like shit....but then maybe I will anyway....as a warning!

Edited by AllanB

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, akirasan said:

I've noticed my front brake disc is starting to get a little rusty.  Is there anything I can do to clean it off besides riding it more often?

When disc brakes started to become popular in the mid 70's, the crap ones didn't rust (BMW, Japanese). The good disc brakes (Brembo, Lockheed etc) did. In those days the good ones were all cast iron, indeed Brembo were still using iron discs until the early 90's.

My '89 Cali III in my avatar still runs iron discs. It rains, they rust.

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know anywhere in Bangkok (nr Ekkamai) where I may be able to have some bodywork done ?

I recently purchased a bike which has some fairly garish decals on the fenders (plastic) which I'm unable to remove. 

I've tried the heating them, using nail polish remover.... It looks to me as if they are very thin transfers (the job was done really well) and I'm unable to remove them. 

Thus: Any advice on where (nearby) someone could do this work or how I may do this myself would be much appreciated (a google search hasn't helped)....

Edit: Of course, then I'll be able to contribute to this thread - What did you do to your bike [today] !!!

Edited by richard_smith237

Was at our local small(ish) local Tesco doing a bit of a fortnightly shop. Opposite the car park is a huge truck (lorry) only tyre place. A vast mountain of knackered, well used, totally shot, some slick/bald, tyres for 10 and 18 wheeler trucks (lorries) with the odd tractor tyre thrown in for good measure.

Went over for a wander and a chat, expecting the things to be a couple of hundred Baht each or recycled or whatever. 30 Baht each Mr TG was the reply. I'll take 2 and one of the tractor tyres please - 90 Baht total. Thank you very much.

More trials section landscaping coming up....

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, AllanB said:

Began cutting bits off my 400 Shadow in an effort to turn it into a "Cafe Racer for two plus luggage". In the true spirit of the Cafe racer

:cheesy:

The "true spirit" of a café racer = no pillion seat and certainly no luggage...

The rider sits further back where a pillion would normally sit. Weight distribution changes, along with a different rider "triangle", of footrests further back and lower handlebars.

Try clip ons at 55 + y/o for any distance.

But you know all this already....

:cheesy: