What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

On 09/02/2018 at 10:02 AM, thaiguzzi said:

:cheesy:

The "true spirit" of a café racer = no pillion seat and certainly no luggage...

The rider sits further back where a pillion would normally sit. Weight distribution changes, along with a different rider "triangle", of footrests further back and lower handlebars.

Try clip ons at 55 + y/o for any distance.

But you know all this already....

:cheesy:

Cafe racer is only the wraith of the "design", perhaps "to the end of my driveway racer" would be more apt.

Single seat? we two have slept in a single bed a couple of times, but two big bums on one motorcycle seat is pushing our (her) luck.  

Handlebars? don't have a pipe bender.

Different triangle? my old carcass won't permit that.

Weight distribution, etc? We don't have a duke box., but in any case we can find a long song.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

As shown - 17K

Probably get them powder coated white tho'

Thanks. Looking for some wheels for my Stallion. Getting tired of cleaning spokes and since I don't do off road any more I can get rid of the spoke wheels.

Me also. I go off road, on dirt and gravel during the dry season, but 95% on asphalt.

Considered the CB300 wheels, but you must run the front wheel backwards as the caliper is on the RH side. Looked into changing the fork tubes, but the fab required got out of hand.

These fit the bill. Found on FBook, CRF250L Chiang Mai Thailand page. Previous owner, a Thai police from BKK. Can't beat the price.

Will measure axle diameter if you want - and hub width - see if they will fit the Stallions.

They are Honda wheels too - and DOT approved

Just came on to the thread, I added a Power commander V EFI/Timing module, high flow air cleaner and a Leo Vince Titanium full exhaust on my R3.  I have some tuning to do with the A/F map.  It runs a bit lean just off idle to about 4k. 

Just a hobby to have fun.  

• Like 2

On 2/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, canthai55 said:

New Wheels for the CRF with Metzeler tires. Rear a 160. Tight, but fits ... barely

Chinese New Year so must wait for a lathe on Monday.

CRF Front.jpg

CRF Rear.jpg

Nice wheels.  I am not fond of my R3 blue matching wheels.  I can switch to factory Black which I may do being they are standard on 2018 R3

I could take them off and have them powder coated Black but I suspect the price to powder coat might cost near the same once all disassembled and reassembled.  The  10k baht factory change included dismount and remount and balanced.

22 hours ago, JAFO said:

Nice wheels.  I am not fond of my R3 blue matching wheels.  I can switch to factory Black which I may do being they are standard on 2018 R3

I could take them off and have them powder coated Black but I suspect the price to powder coat might cost near the same once all disassembled and reassembled.  The  10k baht factory change included dismount and remount and balanced.

You should check.

maybe only B5K.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Crisis at the shop. Only got the rear done. Front Thursday.

Not much room, but it fits. Metzeler 160/60 ZR17

New real caliper bracket

New front bracket to extend front caliper to clear larger diameter rotor

CRF Wheels 1.jpg

CRF Wheels 2.jpg

CRF Wheels 3.jpg

CRF Wheels 4.jpg

CRF Wheels 5.jpg

Lol......I have seen the pictures on crf250 Chiangmai Facebook page where they are trying to fit wide tyres on the front then when the suspension compresses the tyre rubs onto the fork leg??????

On 2/18/2018 at 7:51 AM, JAFO said:

Just came on to the thread, I added a Power commander V EFI/Timing module, high flow air cleaner and a Leo Vince Titanium full exhaust on my R3.  I have some tuning to do with the A/F map.  It runs a bit lean just off idle to about 4k. 

Just a hobby to have fun.  

What a sound you must have.....

20 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Back home. Shop not happy with the caliper spacer I supplied so had a new, much stronger one made from billet. Now got to learn how to ride it again, as the fat rear and fatter front tire make a noticeable difference. Also got to get used to the front brake, which seems twice as powerful as the stocker.

Well pleased with the work done. And the new look.

cb500x wheels.jpg

What happened to your front lower m/guard?

Jeez, and my 55 bhp Triumph is over-tyred with a 140/18 rear.....

Going back to a 130 when i can find one.

20170417_131541.thumb.jpg.0e82b159852ea13b77241c08dbbb4cde.jpg

43 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

What happened to your front lower m/guard?

Jeez, and my 55 bhp Triumph is over-tyred with a 140/18 rear.....

Going back to a 130 when i can find one.

20170417_131541.thumb.jpg.0e82b159852ea13b77241c08dbbb4cde.jpg

Yep the crf must have lost a lot of its flick ability in the twisteys for sure.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 5:28 PM, canthai55 said:

Back home. Shop not happy with the caliper spacer I supplied so had a new, much stronger one made from billet. Now got to learn how to ride it again, as the fat rear and fatter front tire make a noticeable difference. Also got to get used to the front brake, which seems twice as powerful as the stocker.

Well pleased with the work done. And the new look.

cb500x wheels.jpg

Very nice.

You will get used to new handling after one day in the mountains.

Short blast to check out the new boots - 'bout 150 km. And to figure out new front brake line routing.

Feels like a different bike with the fat radials. Slight tendency to not fall into turns as easy as a more skinny tire, but a slight change of technique solved that.

Got to head to Nat tomorrow morning as almost due for sked checkup. Oh no - another 120 baht!

Happy with the performance, 1000% happy with the look - even got a thumbs up when stopped for water.

New teeth in Sunday, then off to Nan for a week or so.

• Like 1