What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Dropped Guglatech's advanced fuel filtration in my tank today.  Stops rust, sediment and even water keeping fuel at it's best.  Better than the internal fuel filter.  Great for normal top ups but even better at those small shops in the sticks!

IMG_3853 (1).JPG

Do have to smile at those Superbikes At the lights the great fat reat tires have the same road contact width as the Moped next to it.Plus they look such idiots with their <deleted> sticking out as if going to a Gay Pride Fest. Heres to HD.?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Stopped at Watchara Marine Co/Trimph Pattaya today.

2 new Yamaha Exciters,

normally B62,500

offered at B49,999.

Great little moto that sold poorly here.

#1 selling manual motorcycle in Vietnam.

One fine morning, a few years back,

papa & ceeber chased an Exciter and an R15 

thru the snakes in Nan.

What a life !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Stopped at Watchara Marine Co/Trimph Pattaya today.

2 new Yamaha Exciters,

normally B62,500

offered at B49,999.

Great little moto that sold poorly here.

#1 selling manual motorcycle in Vietnam.

One fine morning, a few years back,

papa & ceeber chased an Exciter and an R15 

thru the snakes in Nan.

What a life !!

Good price for a nice little bike.  Chain drive, no motor squatting on the swing arm.  Disk brake!

I adjusted my drum brakes on the Supercub again this week - a regular maintenance job to avoid stopping distances that could be measured in light years.  But it only takes about 5 seconds to adjust them.

• Like 1

After seeing 13, 13 mind you, pages of this dribble I thought I would add my two Baht.  Today I told my Xmax how much I loved him and as a special treat I said I would take him for a bath.  He has been very good to me, even got me layed as young lovely on Loi Kroh Road said how much she liked him and that also I was a hansum man.  I say good morning and good night everyday and make sure he is out of the elements.  He returns all this by providing me with a great ride every time.

2 hours ago, idman said:

After seeing 13, 13 mind you, pages of this dribble I thought I would add my two Baht.  Today I told my Xmax how much I loved him and as a special treat I said I would take him for a bath.  He has been very good to me, even got me layed as young lovely on Loi Kroh Road said how much she liked him and that also I was a hansum man.  I say good morning and good night everyday and make sure he is out of the elements.  He returns all this by providing me with a great ride every time.

That is so sweet...

[papa's bikes are all female]

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, papa al said:

That is so sweet...

[papa's bikes are all female]

Exactly, I was thinking how can a bike be a "he" and give you a "great ride".... please, let's keep things clean here... lol  

19 hours ago, Agusts said:

Exactly, I was thinking how can a bike be a "he" and give you a "great ride".... please, let's keep things clean here... lol  

I think the politically correct term is Zhe!

On 12/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Rdrokit said:

A lot of Thai mechanics never heard of a torque wrench.

Nor do they know what to do with a compression tester. Aeeh, and a voltmeter, not even trying to get to Amperes and Ohm. :shock1:

Still hoping to win the lottery to buy me a bike. My old had to be sold because it broke my leg four times with the crash bar, the local hospital did a shitty job and I had to go to Europe for 5 surgeries. 

I'd love to know if it still runs in Phuket? 

P.S. Only an artificial knee joint could be done, I almost lost my leg through a Staphylococcus Auerues infection. Sorry for derailing. The thread's killing me!!!!

My bike.jpg

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taninthai said:

Picked up new bike bkk,then rode it down to krabi 808km ,wouldn’t recommend it the last 200 km was a real struggle .....journey time 10 hours left bkk 5:30am arrived krabi 3:30pm.......4 hours sleep the night before didn’t help.

bangkok checking bike and preparing it for journey

The route 

Arrive krabi

Wow - thats a long ride on Thai roads!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 2:58 PM, johng said:

2nd gear would be better.

Talking to my American friend  he said its possible ( don't know if true)

to bump start an automatic car  by towing it along at about 30 MPH in neutral then shift into drive

that seems a bit dodgy too !

Done that. It worked. Probably not too good for the drive train. And towing at 30 is begging for an accident. 

28 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

You still have the old rusty leaking CRF forks for sale ?

Will be there week after next

Unfortunately one of the 2nd hand fork legs was leaking too so I swapped my old good one back on ,and have 2 fork legs that need new seals ,,,,have the seals just got to fit them and going to hold onto them as spares for the time being.

40 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Wow - thats a long ride on Thai roads!

Took the straightest direct route covered 500 km by midday and felt alright,,,,then the heat was getting a bit intense ,really was struggling the last 200 km,didn’t really eat enough or take enough fluids in and only short stops for fuel and quick smoke breaks,,,dunno if I would attempt it again....

• Like 1

Well, I finally went down with my scooter, Sunday night was raining, I waited and it almost stopped to drizzle but I decided to leave and get home, roads still very wet and I got to that horrible 40 degree downhill slope just before Kata, coming from Rawai and View Point (if you know it, you know how bad it is). I saw a tourist couple on a PCX going too fast in front of me so I thought I better watch out for those, but right at the top of the slope I took my eyes off them, not sure maybe checking my rear mirrors or something else and perhaps not giving my full attention. And then I heard the noise, they went down pretty hard, they skid a bit and stopped but their bike went all the way down the hill/road, lucky didn't hit anything as far as I saw. But as I heard the noise, I don't know what the hell happened, because can't remember that split second, just remember I was skidding on the road - my reflexes must have caused me to press the breaks or wiggled the handlebar, but for the life of me I  can't remember, or maybe there was something on the road (well, beside water, who knows).

I was going really slowly and in straight line. Maybe doing 30km, even that, my bike and I stopped after 5 or so meters, no damage to the scooter really, some scratches on it and some on my leg and elbow, really minor. We were lucky there was no car behind or coming opposite. I ended up on the middle lane and the bike on the left curb... !

While we all got up and cleaned up another two Thai girls on a bike went down right in front of me, I mean in the wet and rain that place is really hard to stop a bike, they were also going really slowly so they hardly skid, but their mirror glass broke.

This also happened a couple of months ago on Patong hills when I was behind another tourist couple, again doing too fast, they went down in the rain in the same manner, a Thai guy right behind them also went down (I think it is a reflex really). But I was behind him and I was watching them carefully so I stopped without going down that time (didn't learn the damn lesson).

I tell you, on a steep slope and wet road when it rains or even drizzle you really should be so so careful, I was thinking even bikes and cars behind you can skid and hit you, it is very dangerous on the rain on the hills here.

I don't think ABS do anything in such a wet surface, if anything it makes it worse (momentary locks the wheel !). Also not sure but perhaps it is best to let go of the bike in such a situation, I can imagine the guy in front of me could have been carried  down the road to the bottom of the hill... !?

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Glad you are all OK. Extremely dangerous especially if it hasn't rain hard in awhile as the water seeps into the road and the oil rises to the surface causing a very slippery condition.

That's a good point about oil, I started to think there was something on the road that was causing bikes go down on that same spot - I am generally very careful with breaking in the rain... !  (but you never know, wet road and steep downhill slope are also a very bad combination.)

16 hours ago, Agusts said:

Well, I finally went down with my scooter, Sunday night was raining, I waited and it almost stopped to drizzle but I decided to leave and get home, roads still very wet and I got to that horrible 40 degree downhill slope just before Kata, coming from Rawai and View Point (if you know it, you know how bad it is). I saw a tourist couple on a PCX going too fast in front of me so I thought I better watch out for those, but right at the top of the slope I took my eyes off them, not sure maybe checking my rear mirrors or something else and perhaps not giving my full attention. And then I heard the noise, they went down pretty hard, they skid a bit and stopped but their bike went all the way down the hill/road, lucky didn't hit anything as far as I saw. But as I heard the noise, I don't know what the hell happened, because can't remember that split second, just remember I was skidding on the road - my reflexes must have caused me to press the breaks or wiggled the handlebar, but for the life of me I  can't remember, or maybe there was something on the road (well, beside water, who knows).

I was going really slowly and in straight line. Maybe doing 30km, even that, my bike and I stopped after 5 or so meters, no damage to the scooter really, some scratches on it and some on my leg and elbow, really minor. We were lucky there was no car behind or coming opposite. I ended up on the middle lane and the bike on the left curb... !

While we all got up and cleaned up another two Thai girls on a bike went down right in front of me, I mean in the wet and rain that place is really hard to stop a bike, they were also going really slowly so they hardly skid, but their mirror glass broke.

This also happened a couple of months ago on Patong hills when I was behind another tourist couple, again doing too fast, they went down in the rain in the same manner, a Thai guy right behind them also went down (I think it is a reflex really). But I was behind him and I was watching them carefully so I stopped without going down that time (didn't learn the damn lesson).

I tell you, on a steep slope and wet road when it rains or even drizzle you really should be so so careful, I was thinking even bikes and cars behind you can skid and hit you, it is very dangerous on the rain on the hills here.

I don't think ABS do anything in such a wet surface, if anything it makes it worse (momentary locks the wheel !). Also not sure but perhaps it is best to let go of the bike in such a situation, I can imagine the guy in front of me could have been carried  down the road to the bottom of the hill... !?

Yep, common problem worldwide. Not rained for a few days, rains, wet road mixed with diesel over spill from trucks and voila - ice rink.

British roundabouts are reknowned for it.

• Like 1