What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

4 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Serviced CRF at Nat motors. Change to full Syn oil at 327 baht Litre

Saw one of these ...

If I was in the market for a 150 would snatch one up.

Pic does not do it justice - looks great

Pricy tho'= 129,000

CB150R-H2C.jpg

Nice looking bike and I don't usually like the looks of a sport bike. It is quite pricey as it's more than I paid for my 400.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:20 PM, Rhys said:

What a sound you must have.....

You know it sounds clean and not over bearing which was the sound I was looking for.  But it's still a twin and the sound is what it is. 

It's a fun little moto to mess around on.  You aren't going to flatten your eyeballs out with it but then again It didn't cost me a Million Baht to have a liter bike either.  It has been strange going from and R1 to an R3 but I kind of enjoy it.  Cheap fun on 2 wheels.  Love to see a R4 4cylinder deal.  

15 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

For the last 4 days - in Nan - getting rid of the chicken strips

If this is not rider heaven, it is tied for First Place

Post some pics. I have never been up that way.

56 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Post some pics. I have never been up that way.

Did not take a single one. Very smoky.

The best loop I did - hiway 1169 - 1081 - 1333 - 1257 - 1225 - 1168

1333 pavement is getting broken up - watch for sand - but still ridable easy for a street bike

Stayed at Baan Nan - great hotel - did a different loop every day

Gee Tee Rye Der has some good ones

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

Had my dear old Suzuki Hayate 125 scooter serviced today (so cheap, highly recommend Suzuki dealers in Phuket Town), all good to go now, They tend to want to change everything, but the parts are cheap and they don't charge for labour, you tip something at the end. 

Next week a trip to Krabi and Koh Lanta is coming up, so need it in top condition. In the trip to Surat Thani and Koh Samui from Phuket last month, it did not let me down once, 72,000 km and counting.... lol 

The only trouble I had with it a few weeks ago was that I left the ignition on (lights) and forgot about it for 20 or 30min, the battery is a bit old so it went flat (although it has kick start, EFi won't work with a flat battery, a bit useless really). The guys at the mechanic shop wanted me to buy a new battery (and said they had no recharging - lie.. !), so I took the battery out and took it to the next shop up the road, recharged it for 20 min, back and put it on, start with a flick, still going strong. It is old but as long as it start with the first push why bother buying another battery... ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My chain on my dirt bike gets really dirty.

Using a cheap non-o-ring type.

and have two so can swap them out.

Dust, sand, mud.

I squirt oil on daily but…

becomes a gooey mess.

Cleaned them both in solvent last night.

Trying a new lube:

Melting a pan of candle wax and adding 

a dollop of Moly grease.

Soak chains, then hang to dry.

[12% increase in power at rear wheel]

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, papa al said:

My chain on my dirt bike gets really dirty.

Using a cheap non-o-ring type.

and have two so can swap them out.

Dust, sand, mud.

I squirt oil on daily but…

becomes a gooey mess.

Cleaned them both in solvent last night.

Trying a new lube:

Melting a pan of candle wax and adding 

a dollop of Moly grease.

Soak chains, then hang to dry.

[12% increase in power at rear wheel]

Al, i've given up putting ANYTHING on my chains nowadays. I put NOTHING on them. Whatever i've put on in the past just helps to attract all the crap.

Every couple of 30-45 minute sessions, i get the back wheel off the ground and just clean the chain as best i can with a stiff toothbrush.

Lengths of chain are so cheap out here, i reckon on a new chain every season, and a new set of sprockets every two seasons.

The ty's run aluminium rear sprockets too.

• Like 1

back and put it on, start with a flick, still going strong. It is old but as long as it start with the first push why bother buying another battery... ! 

Because the battery will (sods law)
likely fail when you most need it.

After a couple of years and a few deep discharges (leaving your lights on)
it can "go" at any time.

Just yesterday the 2 year old battery on my car failed...started the engine fine,aircon on full blast couple of minutes up the road aircon fan started slowing down...radio stoped working, finished sending relative to bus station (did not turn engine off ) almost home rev counter goes crazy and engine sputters from tickover to about 2000 rpm... park up stop engine....turn key on again nothing "dead as a dodo"
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

There is a thread in another Northern Thailand motorcycle forum. The OP - who owns the business - has been running a Scott Oiler. The oil attracted crap all over the bottom of his bike, and increased wear in the linkage between the shock and the swingarm.

All I do - as Guzzi does, is clean with a wire brush. Keeps the bike clean too.

Back in the day - non o-ring chains - used to coil in a coffee can, cover with gear oil, heat, let cool, hang on a clothes hanger overnight. Wipe and reinstall.

All that spray chain lube - and the Scott - does is attract dirt, with maybe a minimal amount getting between the outer side plates. It can not penetrate past the o-rings, so just makes a mess and makes the uninitiated feel better. Another 'Solution' looking for a problem.

Jeez, somebody runs a Scott chain oiler on an off road bike?????????????

I think they are a brilliant invention - for bikes that only ever see tarmac.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, johng said:

Just yesterday the 2 year old battery on my car failed...

And reminder to all..before changing the battery.

check that your alternator is providing 13.8 -14.5 volts to charge the battery

mine had failed ! :shock1:   dooohhhh

7 minutes ago, johng said:

And reminder to all..before changing the battery.

check that your alternator is providing 13.8 -14.5 volts to charge the battery

mine had failed ! :shock1:   dooohhhh

Think I need a new battery too - lasted 4 years.  My bump start routine was a bit rusty, nearly ended up in a hedge.  Perhaps first gear was a bad choice.

15 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Perhaps first gear was a bad choice.

2nd gear would be better.

Talking to my American friend  he said its possible ( don't know if true)

to bump start an automatic car  by towing it along at about 30 MPH in neutral then shift into drive

that seems a bit dodgy too !

• Sad 1

If you don't have a valve

can prevent air sucking back by submerging end of tube

into fluid in a catch bottle. 

Doesn't hurt to replace HF ever couple three years as

it can get funky.

Edited by papa al

Only one thing left for my new bike wants. Spider Web graphic stickers in black to put on the front mud guard.

29187174_10156282624785990_8386326656754998393_n.jpg.5afdc8d98d087f748f2e5a8aa3ad1146.jpg

My saddle split red and black to break colours.

29103729_10156282616755990_8094296862507527738_n.jpg.4709e9270b3cffacae0083451133a2d1.jpg

My red/black hand lever protectors installed.

• Like 2

Came back to Phuket from the trip to Ao Nang and Koh Lanta, the only issue I had was that when the bike is hot (riding a while) and the fuel tank fairly empty (1 liter or less in it) , after refueling and riding again the FI red light comes up (after 3 min or so). It stays on until you stop for 15 min, then it won't come up again (it cools I guess). It happened a few times, no issue with riding, if switch on  and off right away still it comes up, it's not to do with fuel quality as I used different gas stations.

Everything else is fine, starts right away and rides as usual, I thought maybe it's the old battery, but I doubt it, they say it could be many things, but my theory is to do with hot engine and then topping up a lot of colder petrol (if half tank it doesn't happen). From what I read maybe the intake sensor maybe giving a bad reading, hard to check as the light goes away eventually.... ! (I need to re-create it and take it to dealer right away while the light is on, so they can do the FI check - I think it has a test routine and gives codes....)

• Like 1