What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Went on a humanitarian mission.

ML left insulin at home in Min Buri.  Took the opportunity to take taxi from Bang Kea home to Min Buri just so I could ride the bike back Thunderbird style. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

Went on a humanitarian mission.

ML left insulin at home in Min Buri.  Took the opportunity to take taxi from Bang Kea home to Min Buri just so I could ride the bike back Thunderbird style. 

The roads busy down by the hospitals?

Edited by Rhys

1 hour ago, Rhys said:

1 hour ago, Rhys said:

No, came via Ram Intra and Ratchapreuk past Saim Uni.  Not much traffic for me.

• Like 1

I have been thinking about this model... do you think of the higher handlebar height?
I find it comfortable, the only drawback with the bike is the saddle...the longer you ride, the more often you have to take a break...
But the 48hp feels powerful enough...
My Suzuki GSXF600 at home has 78hp,4cyl., behaves very different, but the saddle is awesome...[emoji16] May be partly because the riding position is more leaning, but it's still softer...

Sent fra min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much my bike, more my shop where my bikes, manuals, parts books and machining books live.

Discovered a termite problem over the new year. BASTARDS!!!! The inner lining to this structure is about 2-3 years old. Silver foil insulation glued onto thin plywood. Looked great for a year or so. Outer is 12 y/o steel.

I found out the problem looking at a Triumph parts book, when it started falling into pieces. BASTARDS!!! If I hadn't noticed now and left it a few more months I doubt I would of had any books left... Worst affected were my 71, 72, and 73 OIF 650 parts books - termites obviuously don't like 650 Oil In Frames...

Below is what was left of a 1200 page J&L tool catalogue;

040.thumb.jpg.7467a34fbf3f7a9a75b4a6dd5b9e2cb0.jpg

After i'd removed everything and pulled the metal filing cabinet out I was finding stuff like this;

20.thumb.jpg.69561e7a9eb3ff6a770badac10df55ce.jpg

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Putting panels back I had re-sprayed professionally from white to silver,  inside & out for the amazing cost of 300 baht. :thumbsup:

27073271_10156143855305990_3960861187448226832_n.jpg.dd8d52c5bff5786c0c19f46193498acd.jpg

Nice. With labor so cheap it doesn't pay most of the time to do it yourself. Ordered a pair of these for the 10 year old Honda AirBlade and they sent 2 sets so I put one set on the Stallions. Not sure I am going to keep them on. What do you guys think?

Mirrors-001.jpg

• Like 2

gnarly 

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Putting panels back I had re-sprayed professionally from white to silver,  inside & out for the amazing cost of 300 baht. :thumbsup:

27073271_10156143855305990_3960861187448226832_n.jpg.dd8d52c5bff5786c0c19f46193498acd.jpg

Great, Looking forward to the full-bike pics.

and, thaiguzzi.

What is with the huge piston?

rdokit:  gnarly.

Edited by papa al

5 hours ago, papa al said:

and, thaiguzzi.

What is with the huge piston?

Out of a ship. Got the matching valve and guide too.

When I still had my shop in the UK, I had some pretty interesting stuff. A couple of HUGE roller bearings, one of which was like a double taper roller, with a brass cage which could pivot outwards. About 2' (24") in diameter, 8" wide and 2 men needed to lift it. Worth a fair bit in scrap, probably a $25,000 brg new, was on a stand on the counter in the showroom - always a good talking point.

Re; the mirrors - er, no.

Edited by thaiguzzi