Forum upgrade in progress! ×

What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Not my bike but my blade scoot yesterday plodding along at usual 30 kph one of those large monitor lizards if that's what there call came suddenly from the left and crashed into the back of my front wheel immediately causing left opposite steer putting the bike down on its off side, me with it, sliding off road down side of the road into grass. Ouch. ????

Ai HIA !!!! ......    

Thats a new one.... 

1 hour ago, seedy said:

On a ride to MHS many moons ago my buddy on a Road King side swiped an elephant !

Needed to remove the front fender to enable the wheel to turn.

The King is dead.

Long live the king.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Riding home on the Blade yesterday she went sweet even in the rain but it was not so heavy like last time and got into 2 of the plugs cam cover head cavity and started missing even then she got me home. 

This time different I had let her down again the 28 year old fuel pump packed up, luckily just in my village.

Too dark by then do anything so walked home. 

Came back next day tools etc and re-rooted the fuel pipe from the tank direct to Carb feed hoses. 

Hey presto she fires up and I take her back home. 

Ordered a pump will tidy up the gravity fuel feed and see what difference it makes. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:33 PM, Kwasaki said:

Too dark by then do anything so walked home.

You could have got a local/yokel  to give you a "motorbike push"  with his foot  I'm sure you have seen them do it ?

often when they run out of fuel mate on another bike  pushes the stranded rider to the petrol station..I think its easier if the pusher is riding an auto scooter/bike.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Disconnecting gravity feed to carbs today and installing the new fuel pump.

Some of the fuel line cracked and split being disturbed, not good stuff, panic !!!  Grasped some of that tube used going from a gas bottle to a cooking thingy,  works a treat.

I'll keep a eye until I can some good stuff from a motor supply shop. 

• Like 1

I had my original seat 'remade' by the guy who redid the seats in our car...I ordered some 10mm gel off Lazada and he made the foam taller and wider and then added dead cow to the top...a nice touch was to cut the Triumph logo out of the original seat and add it to the back of this one.

If/when it stops raining here I'll take it for a trip over to immigration (90 day report time) and see how she feels

20211106_110144 (Medium).jpg

20211106_110155 (Medium).jpg

20211106_110202 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

Some of the fuel line cracked and split being disturbed, not good stuff, panic !!!  Grasped some of that tube used going from a gas bottle to a cooking thingy,  works a treat.

I'll keep a eye until I can some good stuff from a motor supply shop. 

Gas bottle pipe stuff is good but there is not a smaller inner diameter size so was leaking slightly.

Actually found a shop that does the fuel pipe size my bike uses and fitted today.

Off to Nan next week all good no leaks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, piston broke said:

Never let it be said, you don't have style Poppa ....

Nirun vip suite by the look too - Klass !

Whoosh and off you go to the ignore bin...just about had enough of your negative nitpicking carp

• Haha 1