What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

1 hour ago, Kanada said:

Ordered an Airhawk seat pad…I’ve owned them before and highly recommend them for long or short distance!

You “will” out too much air in it first time…can’t believe how little air you need to make the difference!

You can bleed air out on the go or at least as you sit on it…once you get it right you’ll love it????????????

airhawk.net

ps: I’m having mine sent to me from Canada but if anyone finds one here in Thailand let me know 

025AA179-56CB-4417-B4F3-9F2AC1101317.jpeg

9DF72636-8DAC-4E48-B4E0-E17BCBC94CE5.jpeg

I have one I do not use anymore

ah.png

Edited by canthai55

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

Ordered an Airhawk seat pad…I’ve owned them before and highly recommend them for long or short distance!

You “will” out too much air in it first time…can’t believe how little air you need to make the difference!

You can bleed air out on the go or at least as you sit on it…once you get it right you’ll love it????????????

airhawk.net

ps: I’m having mine sent to me from Canada but if anyone finds one here in Thailand let me know 

025AA179-56CB-4417-B4F3-9F2AC1101317.jpeg

9DF72636-8DAC-4E48-B4E0-E17BCBC94CE5.jpeg

Musashi exactly the same and cheaper.  Available here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

A job I am not looking forward to, can you do my Blade for me. ???? ????

Sure ! Not too bad, I already had the 0-1 Micrometer, so just buy a gasket and some shims to cover all possibilities and go.

Yours I am sure a lot more involved tho' - all that bodywork. But once it is off you should have good access.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Sure ! Not too bad, I already had the 0-1 Micrometer, so just buy a gasket and some shims to cover all possibilities and go.

Yours I am sure a lot more involved tho' - all that bodywork. But once it is off you should have good access.

Yeah done it quite few times in UK on different bikes but parts are easily got in UK, in Thailand it's a nightmare getting the gaskets for my bike, I guess shims are pretty much available here though.

The inlet valves is still within tolerances, 2 of the exhaust valves are at an end.

Once I get around to sourcing some gaskets I'll get to do the work. 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Cam cover gasket on its way, coolant ready mix arrived today so will flush the Blade system again, check hose connections, fill coolant and monitor for leaks.

Sounds like you’re pretty comfortable ordering on line!

I have to work on that….

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kanada said:

Sounds like you’re pretty comfortable ordering on line!

I have to work on that….

For a 28 year old bike I don't have much choice.

Bigwing Honda in Thailand are about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kanada said:

Agreed…one of the things that hurt when I sold out to move to Thailand was my CBR1100XX!

I seriously considered paying to have it shipped but I’d spent enough time here already to know it wasn’t the right bike for this area….it would get me into trouble for sure!

Gold Wings etc. are great in Canada where a stretch of road runs straight for 50 km’s but here my choice is more along the Honda CRF line up! They are so frigging tall now (I’m six feet with long legs) ….getting on and off isn’t as handy as my Aerox but I think this is the perfect travel bike for Thailand!

Ive seen the BMW’s with the big square luggage plowing thru the air as they go thru Samoeng where I live…don’t envy them at all!

Ive been riding since I was 12 but even the CRF line up might be more than I need but “I WANT ONE” and that’s what counts

3B6C610C-14A5-4BD6-AF19-42DBA6387286.jpeg

Had CRF250L nice bike and bought because I was trying to be sensible but I have rode mainly sport bikes all my life,  so couldn't get use to the lack power. 

My Versys 650 was a good bike but heavy and found myself wanting. 

Got a S/H bike I found unused for years the same as I had in UK and fixed it up by sourcing outside Thailand.

I have just sent an email to Honda's motorbike head office asking if there is anyone capable of doing major service work on my bike. 

It will be worth a laugh at least. ????????????????

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Had CRF250L nice bike and bought because I was trying to be sensible but I have rode mainly sport bikes all my life,  so couldn't get use to the lack power. 

Got a S/H bike I found unused for years the same as I had in UK and fixed it up by sourcing outside Thailand.

I have just sent an email to Honda's motorbike head office asking if there is anyone capable of doing major service work on my bike. 

Honda head office replied, said I  can go to Phitsanulok Bigwing dealership.

Replied I have done so already and they won't help even order parts for me.

So will or may liven things up with Honda motorbike service in Thailand but won't hold my breath. ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

If that blue hose is silicone, they do not tolerate oil very well.

That may have caused the bulging.

We use Silicone hoses on our trucks for turbo flexible connections only, twin wall synthetic rubber for all the rest.

Do you have access to a cooling system tester - the type where you fit onto rad cap and pump up the pressure ? They work well to ID leaks.

rad.jpg

Thanks buddy don't have much in the way of access to special tools in Sukhothai,  I just do old school stuff to fix things.

That's why I did a Thai fix until I could get hold of the right size rad hose for my bike.

The blue hose served as a temporary fix until I noticed it ain't holding up very well after the fairings were taken off and its turned out it is probably the main cause of coolant loss.

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I see you said one of the hoses to the rad isn't standard...if you tell them what you want I'm sure they can match something up...they're in Wales and speak nearly the same language as us ????

Well the rad was standard but for a later bike so I was able to adapt easier enough when I got hold of some proper rad hose.

Yeah again thanks my son and myself will sort it between us I'm sure. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Photo?!

Bigger Better Faster Harder!

Thats the world we all left behind….and there’s not much about I miss except when it comes to engines! The sound of high compression thru a great exhaust system and the smells that go with it are like a drug to many…just when you think you’re over it….aaaaaarhhh aaarhh aaarhh????

The riding the roads and the people  are different here and you have to adapt! None of my old heavy bikes would do well on these mountain roads covered with the thin layer of diesel smoke!

We came around a corner the other day and there was a white skinned tourist sitting on his bum on the pavement looking dazed and wondering where his rental bike was!

I could have told him if he followed the scrape of yellow paint down the pavement and over the edge he’d probably find it but we just went around him and kept going…someone already walking back to him!

Change and adapt….bigger better faster harder is for memories????

76CE7F30-4BE6-4420-AA9B-7767EFEDC884.jpeg

5F66F359-FF93-459F-92FE-E34F0B42E37E.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Had many bikes over the years bought and kept a long time the first super bike a CB750.

1744016125_download(11).jpg.6a226a803c16d4b21b141b70545c891f.jpg

My first Sport-tourer.

1919286_208981145952_6392614_n.jpg.f1090bde517956178571f3775b7b7f4b.jpg

My first Supersports bike the type of bikes I like.

1759007468_Blade92..jpg.4e5f19ec2f667470c6879a0cdc8598a4.jpg

My first bike in Thailand.

1245931814_435_66609835952_64_n(1).jpg.f99a3c5c1487ebce604ed28951992a74.jpg

My first Adventure bike in Thailand.

069.thumb.jpg.0b5412ff5cab596a93a0588a2b2fba86.jpg

My first road going - off road bike in Thailand.

766255890_2ndload059.thumb.jpg.0dce6d3708f18999d455a61480a1956c.jpg

My last bike in Thailand and back to what I like a bike to be..

228919144_970411777082698_248498526340204399_n.jpg.3d1f40d55cdd457156f4a1de36149f52.jpg

I had the Honda 750 F or 750 Four first year in Canada was 1970…mine was the other color ….kind of a bronze gold color!

There was a Honda 550 F as well!

Unfortunately there was a Kawasaki 500 triple and the 750 Kawasaki as well…..brutish vibrating bikes with so many design flaws but crazy fast and people actually bought them.

You very seldom hear of one of those bikes surviving????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kanada said:

I had the Honda 750 F or 750 Four first year in Canada was 1970…mine was the other color ….kind of a bronze gold color!

Unfortunately there was a Kawasaki 500 triple and the 750 Kawasaki as well…..brutish vibrating bikes with so many design flaws but crazy fast and people actually bought them.

You very seldom hear of one of those bikes surviving????

The thing with Honda was they didn't break down,  pretty much I like to think every other make has caught up by now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

The thing with Honda was they didn't break down,  pretty much I like to think every other make has caught up by now. 

Agreed 100%
I rode Honda most of my life for the dependability while my friends were broken down on their “other brands or saving up for a valve adjustment on their Ducati’s???? but….Due to my friends I finally got around to the HD Dyna Wide Glide and found it to be a great bike…smooth powerful vibration free and dependable and my Yamaha Aerox is also a great little bike so I agree with you!!

I wouldn’t get my cheque book out for a Moto Guzzi or such but for the most part they’re all pretty good motorcycles now…a few are just a little better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kanada said:

I got the blue 1970 CB750 to my Dads horror who still had a Rudge because I traded in my Triumph 750 for it. 

The other funny thing was my dad's old motorbike friend turn up on a BMW. ????

My dad said words like I  can only post here "oh deary me" ???? why did I fight in a war for. 

My eldest son had a Honda 550 four and then changed it to a Z650 which can be just seen to right of my pix posted earlier, he still has a 1200 bandit. 

My middle son thinks we are crazy. ????

My Youngest son has had many bike from 4 years old in the beginning before going on to be older enough to ride on road and building up his DL over years to his R1 he has now. 

What a beaut bike test rode an R1 a while back in CM but my son has the latest one. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1