Phuket passenger van slams into safety rail at famed monument

rooster59

Phuket passenger van slams into safety rail at famed monument

Eakkapop Thongtub

1511586559_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Police are investigation an accident that saw a commercial passenger van slam into the guardrail protecting Phuket’s famed Heroines’ Monument at high speed in the early hours of this morning (Nov 25).

The van driver, Chaiwat Bamrungsin, 40, suffered only minor injures in the impact.

Capt Warawut Sensop of the Thalang Police was notified of an accident at 4:50am.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-passenger-van-slams-into-safety-rail-at-famed-monument-64862.php#K42B7YaKtViJhUtm.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-25

So many vehicles have crashed into that monument lately, perhaps it should be painted safety yellow so the pissed can spot it!

Is it just me or has there been an incredible amount of horrific crashes on Thepkasatri Road in recent times?  I'm thinking Patong Hill would be  safer these days than on the speedway!

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

So many vehicles have crashed into that monument lately, perhaps it should be painted safety yellow so the pissed can spot it!

Is it just me or has there been an incredible amount of horrific crashes on Thepkasatri Road in recent times?  I'm thinking Patong Hill would be  safer these days than on the speedway!

No it is not just you, there have been some horrific accidents recently involving buses, vans and pick ups carrying school students and aged persons, and nobody seems to care