Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

10 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

its very true - the poor exchange rate for euro and sterling (ie the high value of the baht) has contributed to a significant reduction in europeans and we are left with Chinese (who desecrate monuments and shit in the street ) the Indians and Arabs (not al but the majority)who are just plain rude and with dirty habits .Most of them are sex tourists because they can't get what they want in their own country . The Chinese are a joke - they wander round in groups with a flag and selfie sticks gawking at everything , look for the "eat all you can chinese buffet's" and certainly don't come to buy property . They don't spend anything .  What benefit is that to Pattaya and Thailand ??     

The exchange rate EUR/THB has not changed that much... It had a peak around 50THB sometime 2008,, but since then it's been pretty steady around 40THB .. I think there must be something else at work....?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

I think whomever wants the Americans back must be remembering with nostalgia the Vietnam war ! Americans are not big travellers at all ! I think they are getting confused with europeans . Plus Mexico does not have decently women . Anything over 30 (most are in pattaya now ) in Mexico are normaly overweight and have a shed load of kids .

In 2016, a total of 66,960,943 U.S. citizens traveled outside the country

In terms of land mass, the United States and Europe are similar in size—the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers

Europeans think they travel more because they drive an hour to another country :post-4641-1156694572:Americans have a huge country of there own to explore.  That is one reason they stay "home".  Most European countries are the size of the smallest US states

67 million is a fair number of US citizens traveling .  If you are talking about visitors to Asia, sure there are more Europeans.  Much of Asia was colonized by Europe at some point in time, and the flights are cheaper and shorter that from the USA.

Obviously more Americans need to travel because of the 30 percent that voted for the current stooge in power, obviously never leave their neighborhoods

16 minutes ago, hobz said:

The exchange rate EUR/THB has not changed that much... It had a peak around 50THB sometime 2008,, but since then it's been pretty steady around 40THB .. I think there must be something else at work....?

Really?  Only two years ago it was still occasionally over 50 baht to the pound.  That's a big difference.  

Carry on in your day to day life with your blinkers on.  

35 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

its very true - the poor exchange rate for euro and sterling (ie the high value of the baht) has contributed to a significant reduction in europeans and we are left with Chinese (who desecrate monuments and shit in the street ) the Indians and Arabs (not al but the majority)who are just plain rude and with dirty habits .Most of them are sex tourists because they can't get what they want in their own country . The Chinese are a joke - they wander round in groups with a flag and selfie sticks gawking at everything , look for the "eat all you can chinese buffet's" and certainly don't come to buy property . They don't spend anything .  What benefit is that to Pattaya and Thailand ??     

What do farangs do?

Eat out soi 6 hookers in broad daylight at the Songkran festival.

Pose with their <deleted> hanging out in front of temples.

Farang birds polishing their boyfriends in front of guesthouses

Begpacking and selling postcards diverting money from genuinely poor people who actually need charity.

Sleeping rough on the beach or under BTS stations in Bangkok

The list goes on and on

Sure the Indians and the Arabs can be bloody rude and poorly mannered but stop making out that farangs are better.

They're not

7 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Stupid closing times for entertainment.

very stupid alcohol selling times

no alcohol at the beach

no smoking at  beach

no e-cigarettes allowed

double pricing

All these replies and not one mention of Aussies!

I've been living on Samui for 20 years now and up until a few years back there were Aussies everywhere. At one time Thailand was a top draw for Aussie couples getting married. But not any more.

When I first came here this country was delightful - easy-going and laid-back. Knowing nothing about nothing I just got end-to-end tourist visas for 5 and a half years straight and never gave it a thought.

But now the whole business about tourist visas and transit visas and even Non Immigrant work, study and residence visas is a total nightmare, with more and tighter rules, draconian fines and penalties for infringements - and with the military arresting backpackers and African criminals indiscriminately and chaining them in lines like gangs of convicts.

Aliens can't own land or property outright or a Thai-registered business, and those trying to stay here are finding it harder to do and more and more repressive. 

As one poster already said (the motorbike club post), we used to go out in a group and party and spend money like water until the sun came up. But not any more.

Word has been spreading steadily (in the West) over the last few years that Thailand has now lost the plot. The only people that are now welcome are the 1-week tourists. And with their usual puff-up-chest-and-gain-face-bigtime attitude the govt ministers are boasting loudly about increased tourists numbers (as that's all they need to gain face) and ignoring the fact that the overall tourist revenue is declining dramatically, because Caucasians spend money freely and Asians don't.

if you want to make money from people who have money to spend, the first thing you do is to make them feel welcome in your country. Make the immigration policy easy. Encourage them to invest and buy houses and run business, pay their taxes and contribute to the local economy and society - and Thailand has always been too proud and almost paranoiac to do this but has been able to manage to get away with it (possibly due to their longstanding relationship with and dependence on America) - up until now.

Thailand has got itself into a real mess, as they've now backed  themselves into a corner and can't be seen to suddenly become more inviting, open and tolerant because it would be seriously losing face.

So it's only going to get worse: already some members of the govt are in a flap, panicking and sobbing - as recently happened with the minister who had the bright idea of turning Pattaya into a family holiday paradise. 

And a worried and uptight nation which is too proud and self-committed to radically revise their policy towards foreigners will only get themselves into even more of a jam than they are now.

2 minutes ago, robsamui said:

All these replies and not one mention of Aussies.

I've been living on Samui for 20 years now and up until a few years back there were Aussies everywhere. At one time Samui was a top draw for Aussie couples getting married. But not any more.

When I first came here this country was delightful - easy-going and laid-back. Knowing nothing about nothing I just got end-to-end tourist visas for 5 and a half years straight and never gave it a thought.

And now the whole business about tourist visas and transit visas and even Non Immigrant work, study and residence visas is a total nightmare, with draconian fines and penalties for infringements - and with the government arresting backpackers and African criminals indiscriminately and chaining them in lines like gangs of convicts.

Aliens can't own land or property outright or a Thai-registered business, and those trying to stay here are finding it harder to do and more and more repressive. 

As one poster already said (the motorbike club post), we used to go out in a group and party and spend until the sun came up. But not any more.

Word has been spreading steadily (in the West) over the last few years that Thailand has now completely lost the plot. The only people that are now welcome are the 1-week tourists. And with their usual puff-up-chest-and-gain-face-bigtime attitude  the govt ministers are boasting loudly  about increased tourists numbers (as that's all they need to gain face) and ignoring the fact that the overall tourist revenue is declining dramatically, because Caucasians spend money freely and Asians don't.

if you want to make money from people who have money to spend, the first thing you do is to make them feel welcome in your country. Encourage them to invest and buy houses and run business, pay their taxes and contribute to the local economy and society - and Thailand has always been too proud and almost paranoiac to do this, but has been able to manage to get away with it - up until now.

Thailand has got itself into a real mess, because now they have backed themselves into a corner and can't be seen to suddenly become more inviting, open and tolerant because it would be seriously losing face. And so it's only going to get worse, because already some members of the govt are in a flap, panicking and publicly sobbing - as recently happened with the minister who had the bright idea of turning Pattaya into a family holiday paradise. What a prize turnip!

Thailand is a Country for Thai people

You really have no right to visit Thailand and chose to adopt it as your Country 

Thailand  is for Thai people, it isnt a place for non Thais to look for a new Country to live in

The message was clear: Where are all the nice ones - like Americans - who spend cash and behave well!?

Because the TaT decided to ply most of it`s  efforts into the hoards of Chinese tourists that were going to visit Thailand in their millions and apparently invest in the country and spend, spend, spend. Just visit Chiang Mai as a typical example of how Tat and the government have let the western hospitality sectors fall into decline and clamped down on the bars and nightlife. The millions of expected hi so rich Chinese tourists that were going to turn the city into a tourist boom town has not transpired.

Treat the western tourists with respect and perhaps they`ll return.

7 hours ago, Lingba said:

exactly!

But the pot is getting smaller is it not, so one day the lights will go out on the place. Talking to people in the UK these days see's a very different answer on the place to 4 years ago, then I was always saying how wonderful the place was and encouraged people I met to holiday here (but never in Patt). Now I get told no way would I go there even the post women asked today if I was going back now I am on the mend thanks to the NHS and my reply was not in the foreseeable future, so what has changed I wonder?

But seriously so many bad comments from people I meet and talk about Thai. The bank manager told me about his trip there and said never again too many cheats and liars. So looks like for now and only for a short time all that will come is rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs after that who will come I wonder as there are no others to turn too. Weather wise yes its cold, but that is kind of nice and no bloody insects biting me. You put the air con on, me I will just put the heating on and a coat when necessary, ain't missing it a bit sorry to say.

3 hours ago, Redline said:

In 2016, a total of 66,960,943 U.S. citizens traveled outside the country

In terms of land mass, the United States and Europe are similar in size—the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers

Europeans think they travel more because they drive an hour to another country :post-4641-1156694572:Americans have a huge country of there own to explore.  That is one reason they stay "home".  Most European countries are the size of the smallest US states

67 million is a fair number of US citizens traveling .  If you are talking about visitors to Asia, sure there are more Europeans.  Much of Asia was colonized by Europe at some point in time, and the flights are cheaper and shorter that from the USA.

Obviously more Americans need to travel because of the 30 percent that voted for the current stooge in power, obviously never leave their neighborhoods

I live in America , would you say the overwhelming majority of that 66 million could be 30 million Hispanics going home to visit? Or like me when I go to Canada 5 times a year ? America is a beautiful country most people I speak to have never been abroad , Mexico or the Caribbean at best .

I read many posts but here are the facts and the numbers speak for themselves.

Oh, and what arrivals of "The Americas" are concerned from 1 January to 31 October 2017 at the airports of Bangkok...they didn't reach the top 15 of inbound tourism to Thailand and the number in comparison to other nations are low. 

THAILAND TouristArrivals(2016).gif

THAILAND LengthOfStay(2016).gif

THAILAND TourismExpenditurePerDay(2016).gif

THAILAND TOURISTS Clip_27-TOP-TEN-Country-regional-sources-of-visitors-to-Bangkok-by-1-15.jpg

(High) quality tourists left and won't come back due to scams, corruption, overpricing, criminals, etc..
Low quality tourists are coming now... You get what you deserve !!!

What's high quality about tourists who come to get pissed out of their skulls, insult the local women and generally show disrespect for the culture?

This IS Pattaya we're talking about, y'know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

What's high quality about tourists who come to get pissed out of their skulls, insult the local women and generally show disrespect for the culture?

This IS Pattaya we're talking about, y'know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree Pattaya has never been classy but people always spent money . 

Well, as reported on the Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread I can report that many Chinese tourists are spending lots of money at good and rather expensive Chinese restaurants. So the people whining, maybe it's time to change their business model and try to sell them something they actually want!

10 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Pretty good round up. You did forget the roads full of unroadworthy smoke billowing buses and other assorted vehicles.

7 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Once there was a place called the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. British and other Europeans went there in droves. They built hotels and ripped off, scammed and raped their way out of favour until no 9ne goes there Any more. History is a worthwhile lesson!

I think a big part of it is the coolness/hipness/wow factor. Like how some clubs are cool until everyone goes there and then prices go up and it loses the coolness factor and then on to the next club.

Archived