Problem About Visa

Hello everyone! 

I have some problem about my visa. 

1)I got a job from Thai school for teaching English. I want to apply for Non Immigrant B visa after that working visa but today my agency told me I cannot apply for Non Immigrant B visa because I'm not holder bachelor degree. I have associate degree from university(which one 2 years study at university). Is that true if someone not holder bachelor degree cannot get Non Immigrant B visa and work permit?

2)They said they gonna ask some people to get me volunteer visa Non Immigrant O visa but they told me visa around 40,000 Baht. If I apply for Non Immigrant O volunteer visa can I work at school by legal way? Am I need to get work permit after apply volunteer visa? But if I need to get work permit I'm holder associate degree how can I get?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, tonray said:

No BS degree...no work permit. Rules are Rules. Get back to school and finish your education.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

A Degree in English Lit' is probably the best one to try for.

3 hours ago, markaoffy said:

English Language Degree would be the best !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I see. Today I'll go Cheng Wattana and ask them with  associate degree can get work permit and apply non immigrant b visa or not.

Other choise like this I think. I search on internet for 1 year Non Immigrant 0 volunteer visa around 35,000 baht apply for this and I can get work permit from here because work as volunteer and they not asking for any degree. B

But problem is this if I apply this visa from agency in bangkok can I work in other province? Can I work any school in thailand?

30 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I see. Today I'll go Cheng Wattana and ask them with  associate degree can get work permit and apply non immigrant b visa or not.

Other choise like this I think. I search on internet for 1 year Non Immigrant 0 volunteer visa around 35,000 baht apply for this and I can get work permit from here because work as volunteer and they not asking for any degree. B

But problem is this if I apply this visa from agency in bangkok can I work in other province? Can I work any school in thailand?

Volunteer means work without pay. Is that what you want to spend 35K baht so you can work for free ?

23 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

A few general points:

• First you need a prospective employer. They will apply to the Labor Department not immigration, for agreement in principle that you will be issued a work permit once you have an appropriate visa.
  • Next, furnished with the right documents from the employer, and the Labor Department, you will typically travel to a nearby consulate outside Thailand to get a single entry Non B visa. (There are alternatives to this, but they are complex, needing extensive paperwork.)
  • On return to Thailand with the Non B visa, you are given a 90-day permission to stay. Your work permit is issued (generally for a year, but this does not automatically mean you can stay a year) and you are allowed to start work.
  • Towards the end of your 90-day stay, you need some means of staying longer in Thailand. If you meet certain criteria, this can be a one-year extension of stay based on working given at the immigration office

As you have discovered, when planning to work as a teacher, there are some additional requirements.

2 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Chang Wattana is the Imm' office, they don't issue work permits.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Are you planning on teaching English? This is not a troll but a very serious post. There are way way too many unqualified teachers in Thai schools now. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I have associate degree from university(which one 2 years study at university).

Love to know which university.

23 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

but today my agency told me I cannot apply for Non Immigrant B visa because I'm not holder bachelor degree

Are you sure you've been hired by a school or has some "agency" just claimed they might find you a job if you pay them up front?

• Like 1

Today I went Cheng Wattan ask about degree. what a funny they dont know. always keep saying me go there go there and last time ı went C1 for ask police told me you have to take number and wait. ı said ı just wanna ask something then ı take number at least 30 people. and what I wait almost 3 hours for ask and she said ı dont know hahaha

ı went different visa agency they said ı can apply non b my degree okay also no need toiec i really dont understand. and I'm too bored. is anyone know how to do it

31 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Today I went Cheng Wattan ask about degree. what a funny they dont know. always keep saying me go there go there and last time ı went C1 for ask police told me you have to take number and wait. ı said ı just wanna ask something then ı take number at least 30 people. and what I wait almost 3 hours for ask and she said ı dont know hahaha

ı went different visa agency they said ı can apply non b my degree okay also no need toiec i really dont understand. and I'm too bored. is anyone know how to do it

Your visit to immigration to ask about work permits makes as much sense as going to a bank to ask about telephone service. Immigration has no involvement in the issuing of work permits, and it is unlikely anyone there would know anything about the process.

• Like 1

A post commenting about grimmer and spelling has been removed.

Forum rule.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

You need a degree of any Major. Those saying English majors are best are off base. Any degree in any subject area will get you 3 teaching waivers of up to 2 years each. Then you're done in Thailand for teaching legally. Those with B.Ed degrees  or those with teaching licenses from home country can get a Thai teaching license and teach as long as you want. English is obviously your 2nd language and even with a full degree You'd have to pass a Toeic. I think the agency is stringing you along and you'd in essence be teaching illegally.

I don't understand really. There is 2 diffrent agency and telling me different rules for NON B visa. I'm so confused. Today  I text school for contact other new company send documents to them they read my message on Line but not reply. May be they also tired and give up from me.

Why is that so difficult? Has anyone know professional visa agency in Bangkok?

11 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I don't understand really. There is 2 diffrent agency and telling me different rules for NON B visa. I'm so confused. Today  I text school for contact other new company send documents to them they read my message on Line but not reply. May be they also tired and give up from me.

Why is that so difficult? Has anyone know professional visa agency in Bangkok?

Folks here are telling you the rules but you do not want to listen. NO DEGREE...NO WORK PERMIT. If all you want to do is flaunt the rules then you should not worry about it and work anyway. But legally, you cannot qualify for a work permit as a teacher here,

Cambodia is much less-regulated when it comes to English-teaching qualifications, yet they have much better results, in terms of the locals learning English.  Your associates + a "teaching English as a 2nd language" course would likely get you a job there.  You need a Bachelors Degree to qualify to teach English - even on a waiver - in Thailand.  

• Like 1

The fact is that a bachelor's degree is a prerequisite for working (legally) as an English teacher in Thailand.
You have 3 options:

1) Upgrade your education and get a 4-year bachelor's degree 

2) Track down a dodgy visa agent who will provide you half-baked advice and probably waste your money

3) Obtain a bachelor's by illegal means, just to be eligible for a job and work permit, at your own peril