PM Prayut tells a fisherman: “Do not raise your voice at me!”

webfact

On 11/28/2017 at 7:06 AM, jaywalker said:

Sounds like an idiot fisherman that does not/will not accept the fact that fish stocks need some time off from fishing to replenish.

Nah, he just wants to rape the ocean as hard and fast as he can go (probably tossing EVERY BIT of garbage he has into it at the same time).

pretty easy to sit in judgment when you can feed your family.

now why would someone hungry put the environment ahead of dinner?

this is not a fault of the fisherman, it is an educational and social issue.

i pity you if you cannot see that.

you are typical of so many posters here. out of one side of your mouth thais are lazy and unwilling to work.

The other side condemns a man who actually wants the opportunity to work more.

Edited by HooHaa

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ossy said:

Yes, talk about being between a rock and a hard place. That's exactly where the US electorate was (or were, if you prefer), last November. But the planet's still roughly spherical, so we mustn't be too critical, especially when his shrink tells me that, nearly every night, he has the same reality TV dream and wakes up, screaming "Kim Jong Un . . . you're fired!"

Actually, I think he wakes up from frequent nightmares, having heard Kim Jong Un, or John Kelly, or Mitch McConnell scream in his ears- "you are fired, you incredibly naive fool!". That may be one of the reasons he is such a malcontent, and so hateful toward the world.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:11 PM, mark131v said:

Absolutely correct!

The sheer hypocrisy is staggering and every time he opens his mouth about just about anything he proves he is a dimwit and totally unfit to run anything more complicated than a noodle stall

I think it was Churchill who said 'better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt' or words to that effect, the glorious leader could learn from that but his arrogance and lack of common sense or a moral compass means he wont....

Really glad I am not Thai....

I seriously doubt he would have the competency, intelligence, business acumen, stamina, or fitness to run a noodle stall. It would be way, way over his head. He prefers to just be given huge amounts of money, rather than earning barely a living. He cares not one iota of the common man.

Edited by Rimmer
Ref to Trump removed

34 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

He looks like he'd been a woman in his past life. A witch, that perfectly fits on a broom. But an evil one. 

And one with an abnormally large head  . . . proportionate to his ego, I suppose. I did a bit of head-maths the other day and his 10" napper is a staggering 16% larger than the average 8.6'er . . . I think we've being short-changed with this conscript.

Sorry . . . just trying to lighten the mood a little, there!

Edited by Ossy
spelling

On 11/30/2017 at 12:05 PM, HooHaa said:

you are typical of so many posters here. out of one side of your mouth thais are lazy and unwilling to work.

Well said.  Thanks...

Who says the guy is hungry its an assumption.

Besides if you leave it to fishermen the sea would be depleted soon it needs people on the outside who are not dependent on fishing to make the right choices. Scientist and conservationists not those who stand to gain from more fishing.

I guess that is hard to understand. If my job fails me... it might well do so in the future i would have to change jobs too why is it different for fishermen. I would not like it but i would know i have to.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Besides if you leave it to fishermen the sea would be depleted soon it needs people on the outside who are not dependent on fishing to make the right choices. Scientist and conservationists not those who stand to gain from more fishing.

I guess that is hard to understand. If my job fails me... it might well do so in the future i would have to change jobs too why is it different for fishermen. I would not like it but i would know i have to.

I hear they're pulling in some monsters off Fukashima!!!

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

It is called adapting to the times. Many have done it throughout history. Many will have to do it as time marches on. Things are changing. The fish stocks are being depleted. Listening to the complaints of this man, who lives within the smallest box imaginable, is not particularly useful. Fishing must be regulated in this day and age. Get a second job. Do what you have to do. Be a man. Man up. Get your act together, and stop moaning.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

It may be a little different. No two jobs are equal. A gov't allows a commercial fisherman to fish. The fisherman may spend thousands on his boat every year before fishing, not to mention the purchase of that boat and the license etc. Then this gov't through it's, so called, scientific studies tells this fisherman that he can only fish for 3 weeks instead of 6 months because of over fishing. Most may complain about this if they were fisherman (or knew anything about it). Fishermen really do know what is going on out there and I don't believe gov't has a clue, IMHO. Funny, same thing happened to me. But the sad part was many lost their livelihood, not from over fishing but because of poor logging practices in the fish habitats.  

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is called adapting to the times. Many have done it throughout history. Many will have to do it as time marches on. Things are changing. The fish stocks are being depleted. Listening to the complaints of this man, who lives within the smallest box imaginable, is not particularly useful. Fishing must be regulated in this day and age. Get a second job. Do what you have to do. Be a man. Man up. Get your act together, and stop moaning.

On the contrary, listening to him is useful because he is actually a fisherman, and when focusing on the fishing industry it is important that all have their voices heard in order for a workable solution to be reached in which all parties are satisfied with the outcome... maybe not ecstatically happy, but satisfied. 

3 hours ago, 300sd said:

It may be a little different. No two jobs are equal. A gov't allows a commercial fisherman to fish. The fisherman may spend thousands on his boat every year before fishing, not to mention the purchase of that boat and the license etc. Then this gov't through it's, so called, scientific studies tells this fisherman that he can only fish for 3 weeks instead of 6 months because of over fishing. Most may complain about this if they were fisherman (or knew anything about it). Fishermen really do know what is going on out there and I don't believe gov't has a clue, IMHO. Funny, same thing happened to me. But the sad part was many lost their livelihood, not from over fishing but because of poor logging practices in the fish habitats.  

I spend much money on my job too, things change accept it and in general the goverment has more idea's then fishermen. They are bias. This is for the greater good. Your example is a bit crazy as they are already allow 240 days a year. They just want even more. 

13 hours ago, robblok said:

I spend much money on my job too, things change accept it and in general the goverment has more idea's then fishermen. They are bias. This is for the greater good. Your example is a bit crazy as they are already allow 240 days a year. They just want even more. 

Yes thank you, I accept change.

But it may be difficult for this little pee fisherman to lose his daily meal ticket. It is usually the larger vessels that can do most of the over fishing. If you knew anything about fishing (with all due respect), we might have more to discuss. But for example: which type of fishing gear catches the most fish here and which species are they worried about. Do they have catch statistics for these different gear types. How much income does this little complainer make per day. I bet it is not much! Their puny little catches will not decimate a species. There is more to it then that. 

Also you state: "in general the government has more idea's then fisherman"! (or anyone for that matter) You got that right, whether run by generals or elected democratic gov'ts. Unfortunately their ideas can stink. This page is not long enough for examples.

Yes you can say fishermen are biased alright but they can be honest and know what they are speaking of. Governments can be biased also, for many of the wrong reasons. 

When citizens accept everything their gov'ts say, you get a N. Korea

3 hours ago, 300sd said:

Yes thank you, I accept change.

But it may be difficult for this little pee fisherman to lose his daily meal ticket. It is usually the larger vessels that can do most of the over fishing. If you knew anything about fishing (with all due respect), we might have more to discuss. But for example: which type of fishing gear catches the most fish here and which species are they worried about. Do they have catch statistics for these different gear types. How much income does this little complainer make per day. I bet it is not much! Their puny little catches will not decimate a species. There is more to it then that. 

Also you state: "in general the government has more idea's then fisherman"! (or anyone for that matter) You got that right, whether run by generals or elected democratic gov'ts. Unfortunately their ideas can stink. This page is not long enough for examples.

Yes you can say fishermen are biased alright but they can be honest and know what they are speaking of. Governments can be biased also, for many of the wrong reasons. 

When citizens accept everything their gov'ts say, you get a N. Korea

You are assuming this is a little pee fisherman, he might not be. You are right big boats do more damage than small boats however many small boats with small mesh nets do a lot of damage too. As for statistics, where do you think you are living. 

Many puny lil catches do decimate a species, i see your one of those bias fishermen.

I believe others more then those reliant on the income they get from the fishing. Sorry I guess you and I differ of opinion I am a diver and like it when fishing is more restrained. I seen them fish in nature reserves a lil more checks here are only good. You cannot compare this with the EU or US, here they were cowboys for a long time raping the seas. (i am not sure that its still much different)

I like fishing, the sport (catch and release). 

When you let fishermen manage their own stock you get....... empty seas. There might be good fishermen but plenty only care about money the good ones can't keep the bad ones in check that is why you got government and checks. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You are assuming this is a little pee fisherman, he might not be. You are right big boats do more damage than small boats however many small boats with small mesh nets do a lot of damage too. As for statistics, where do you think you are living. 

Many puny lil catches do decimate a species, i see your one of those bias fishermen.

I believe others more then those reliant on the income they get from the fishing. Sorry I guess you and I differ of opinion I am a diver and like it when fishing is more restrained. I seen them fish in nature reserves a lil more checks here are only good. You cannot compare this with the EU or US, here they were cowboys for a long time raping the seas. (i am not sure that its still much different)

I like fishing, the sport (catch and release). 

When you let fishermen manage their own stock you get....... empty seas. There might be good fishermen but plenty only care about money the good ones can't keep the bad ones in check that is why you got government and checks. 

You may be interested in this article on over fishing in the Gulf of Thailand. I'm sure there are many. It may clear up a little about over fishing and different gear types, for you - with all due respect. (I don't know about you but I'm tired of this subject)

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1332931/slight-catch-thailands-overfishing-crisis

On Wed Nov 29 2017 at 7:42 PM, stephen tracy said:

Agree with everything you say except the pat about Prayuth being a general. He is only a general in name. He likes to play at being a "soldier" but he's not really a soldier, just another corrupt part of the establishment that used his status as a senior military figure to amass enormous wealth.  And then go on to prosecute others for doing the same,

This⬆ stark and brutal reality...This place has some very very nasty pieces of work who have gone about their nasty ways without scrutiny for generations. "We" have enough trouble keeping polyshitcans honest in "our" countries where there are checks and balances and public scrutiny..

14 minutes ago, 300sd said:

You may be interested in this article on over fishing in the Gulf of Thailand. I'm sure there are many. It may clear up a little about over fishing and different gear types, for you - with all due respect. (I don't know about you but I'm tired of this subject)

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1332931/slight-catch-thailands-overfishing-crisis

Dont bother, he knows all and accepts nothing, best put on ignore it makes this forum a much better place to hold disscussions and reasoned debates...

1 hour ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Never, never, never yell at a Thai. They see it as arrogance and showing contempt.

By the way didn't the General tell us not to use the S word?

Huh? Many Thais are very arrogant and show utter contempt towards anyone they see as 'lower' and that certainly includes us.. this is the Thai paradox: on one hand you have some salt of the earth lovely kind gentle generous people and on the other....well thats obvious

4 hours ago, 300sd said:

I am never tired of this subject but I do love your information, this guy is probably a good guy but i refuse to believe that all small boats are like this. I am against both small and large about over fishing (but prefer the small guys to make a living more). But for both small and large its important not to be on the sea too much. 

Nets are of course important and size of the mesh is important. But do you honestly believe that the small fishermen are all the good guys and not bad like the larger ones. I have seen the small fishermen fish in protected area's too. 

I am just concerned about the ocean's (funny for someone who does not eat fish) I like diving hate it that the ocean is raped. 

4 hours ago, kaorop said:

Dont bother, he knows all and accepts nothing, best put on ignore it makes this forum a much better place to hold disscussions and reasoned debates...

That is your opinion, and I certainly don't know everything I have strong opinions on politics that you might not share. That is why you dislike me.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, jaywalker said:

Sounds like an idiot fisherman that does not/will not accept the fact that fish stocks need some time off from fishing to replenish.

Nah, he just wants to rape the ocean as hard and fast as he can go (probably tossing EVERY BIT of garbage he has into it at the same time).

6 minutes ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

I just love reading these ignorant assumptions which are loaded with contempt of this fisherman. Are you a fisherman yourself or just another armchair expert on all things? What other hardworking group of Thai's living from hand to mouth are you going to bash and insult next? Your post sickens me.

2 minutes ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

I just love reading these ignorant assumptions which are loaded with contempt of this fisherman. Are you a fisherman yourself or just another armchair expert on all things? What other hardworking group of Thai's living from hand to mouth are you going to bash and insult next? Your post sickens me.

So just let them fish 24/7/365 is the solution?

Ever see that TV show "Deadliest Catch"? They work like mad men too, but only during an allotted season.

Ever heard of deer, bear, duck, turkey etc seasons? The wild populations need time to replenish for the next harvest, especially for something that is harvested on a commercial scale.

This fisherman doesn't seem to grasp that concept.

8 hours ago, kaorop said:

Huh? Many Thais are very arrogant and show utter contempt towards anyone they see as 'lower' and that certainly includes us.. this is the Thai paradox: on one hand you have some salt of the earth lovely kind gentle generous people and on the other....well thats obvious

In 1990, being much younger, nearly picked a fight with ex-heavyweight national kickboxing champion on the beach. They were selling T-shirts, which became irritating. Sorted it out and we were best friends. Yeah there are a few in society that this doesn't apply.