Visa printed on passport with wrong passport no by VFS, Kolkata

Hi,

I have applied for Thailand tourist visa for me, my wife and my daughter at Kolkata VFS through my travel agent. Visa has been approved for all of us. But wrong passport no has been mentioned on my daughter's visa by VFS. So my agent has resubmitted the same to make required correction. VFS Kolkata has confirmed that necessary correction will be done through pen with stamp.

My question is that whether this is the process of correction at your end? Will it create any issue?

Thanks,

Avra Adhya

3 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Do VFS actually issue the visa though, or is this done by the Thai consulate?

Visas issued by whichever consulate covers the area. But VFS have almost certainly spoken with the consulate to organise the fix. 

Unlike certain branches I could mention I have always found VFS India helpful and efficient although my dealings were with the office in Bangalore.

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

So long as the correction is also made electronically within the system, then it should not be an issue.

How would an electronic correction help anything? All the IO sees is a visa in the passport and expects the passport number on the visa to be the same as the passport it's in.

VFS are agents. They don't/can't issue visas.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

How would an electronic correction help anything? All the IO sees is a visa in the passport and expects the passport number on the visa to be the same as the passport it's in.

I was (wrongly perhaps) assuming that there may be a link between the visa number and the passport number within the immigration system.

I know that VFS are agents, which is why I asked, tongue in cheek in some ways.

27 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I was (wrongly perhaps) assuming that there may be a link between the visa number and the passport number within the immigration system.

I know that VFS are agents, which is why I asked, tongue in cheek in some ways.

There is no link until the visa is used on entry and the visa info is recorded in the immigration system.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:23 AM, Mattd said:

So long as the correction is also made electronically within the system, then it should not be an issue.

I think visa is issued by Thai consulate. But I am not sure whether they have made the correction in their system.

9 minutes ago, Avra said:

I think visa is issued by Thai consulate. But I am not sure whether they have made the correction in their system.

Apparently this will not matter, as there is no connection between the embassy and immigration.

On 29/11/2017 at 4:44 AM, Avra said:

So my agent has resubmitted the same to make required correction. VFS Kolkata has confirmed that necessary correction will be done through pen with stamp.

This will not be the first time this has happened, so there must be a procedure the consulate will have to follow to make the correction that will be accepted by immigration in Thailand, such as a stamp formalising the correction.

I recently had an O-A Visa from The Thai Consulate in New York and they forgot the "A" on the Visa and despite it showing the full cost of an O-A Multiple Entry Visa the IO at Swampy, would only give me 30 days admittance under an "O" visa

Emailed New York and they readily admitted their mistake and arranged for me to have it corrected at a particular office at The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.  All they did was take the passport and just added an "A" to the Visa in pen, with an explanation in Thai that took up a whole other page in my passport

They then sent me to Bangkok Immigration, near the office, where after much debate I was re-stamped into the country and given the full year admittance.  Was told by someone here at TV that I did not have to go to that office but could have had it done in Pattaya but I went where CW told me to go