Foreigners confused by the sight of knives and machetes on sale at Chaeng Wattana immigration, says Thai media

snoop1130

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

What's the big deal ?!!... Those large machetes are naturally for cutting your daily coconut to drink and eat of course !! :shock1:

Yes, I bought one. I'm cutting down on beer so as I can not open a coconut with my bottle opener I need a coconut opener...

when you go to Disneyland and try to bring a drink or food in with you they make you throw it away before entering... but once inside there is plenty of food and drinks you can purchase.  same same silly farang don't seem to question that do they?

Edited by speckio

4 hours ago, joebrown said:

I understand your humour but I think it's illegal to carry such a weapon in a car. It can be classified as an offensive weapon by the police. 

sorry, but it is a car accessory otherwise you cannot make your Thai safety triangles if you breakdown in your car

The machete is a car accessory in LoS.
You need it to cut the smallest branch you can find and lay on the road to show you have a problem with your vehicle,
or if you find a very large pothole you stand the small branch in it to stop others careering into it.

Meanwhile on the real planet we know as Earth, people pull well over to the side of the road and put on hazard lights and set up a reflective triangle.

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

What's the big deal ?!!... Those large machetes are naturally for cutting your daily coconut to drink and eat of course !! :shock1:

Tourist season coinciding with the end of fishing season in North America.

19 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Knives and machetes and even guns are the  required tools of trade for Thai road rage. People should not be denied the opportunity to protect and defend themselves. 

In most European countries vehicles must be equipped with the First Aid Kit and a warning triangle, in Thailand it is the machetes and guns.

19 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

That's definitely out of order on government premises. Corruption  is loose by this example. How can you sell this stuff in front of emigration? It boggles my mind :)

Mind boggled ? You have been Thaied...lol...Mind boggling is the national secret weapon.

Yet, I don't think they'd appreciate it that much if you did your Christmas machete shopping before you went in to see the immigration officers and strutted up to the counter with your new holiday gifts in hand.

" Sorry, na. Only I just go to chopping before I see you, OK? I not kill you if you not renew my visa! Don't seriot, OK?"

Edited by Shaunduhpostman

12 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

What is the fuss about? No blood stains on them.Locals are not confused because it is a normal thing for "them"?

Years ago I was invited to a grade-school English class.  One farmer kid in the back was fiddling with his smallish machete.  No one paid any attention.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:47 PM, Thunder26 said:

That's definitely out of order on government premises. Corruption  is loose by this example. How can you sell this stuff in front of emigration? It boggles my mind :)

what boggles my mind is you think this is serious ......i take it you do not get  out much .....