US ambassador says Cambodia ‘not interested in a positive relationship’ with US

geovalin

Daphne Chen

In an unusually candid interview yesterday, United States Ambassador to Cambodia William Heidt questioned whether the Cambodian government ever had “an honest desire” to form a relationship with the US, as Prime Minister Hun Sen continues to claim the superpower backed a purported “revolution”.

In a 40-minute interview with VOA Khmer, Heidt said the Kingdom has given the US “clear signals” over the last two years that they are “not interested in a positive relationship”.

“Since I came, let’s be honest, the Khmer government has taken a lot of steps against the US,” Heidt said, pointing to the suspension of joint military exercises and the cancellation of a longstanding Navy Seabees humanitarian programme earlier this year as examples. “So I feel like there’s never been an honest desire by the Khmer government to have a good relationship with the United States.”

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national-politics/us-ambassador-says-cambodia-not-interested-positive-relationship-us

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 30/11

As he moves the country away from democracy to cement his and his family's grip on power he will not be interested in the US, EU or other democracies. Which is why he's now courting China and Russia who don't give a toss on what he does internally as long as he supports their agendas.

Well, his pre-pre-predecessor, John Gunther Dean, born Dienstfertig, was the last Ambassador to Cambodia before the US sneaked away like thieves in the night on April 12th, 1975. Dean recalled the moment he left Phnom Penh as "US handed Cambodia to the ‘butcher’ 40 years ago"; the full article is here:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/ambassador-us-handed-cambodia-to-the-butcher-40-years-ago/

CCPA99xWMAAqnsP.jpg.467552f515c23515a186ef98c5b8a0dc.jpg
The operation "Eagle Pull" went totally below the radar and now Heidt questions "whether the Cambodian government ever had “an honest desire” to form a relationship with the US?"

Clearly not and, for once, I would have to agree with Hun Sen; the US also wanted something like USD 500 million in compensation.

Bunch of serious dick"*ç%*ds in Washington and Heidt should go into retirement! 

Although I know very little of modern Khmer affairs, it seems to me now is a very good time to have a good relationship with Washington as the current president seems to have no problem whatsoever with being close to authoritarian regimes. In fact, they seem to be his favorite flavor of regimes. 

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Washington as the current president seems to have no problem whatsoever with being close to authoritarian regimes. In fact, they seem to be his favorite flavor of regimes. 

Yes, Donald just loves North Korea !!!!!